Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mangold Goes for Gold - DVR

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangold Goes for Gold - DVR

According to my DVR, Holly Mangold is going to be on TV going for a gold medal this afternoon.

The DVR is critical to watching this Olympics b/c NBC has chosed to waste all of its primetime with "stories" about athletes and fake sports like Synchronized Diving. If I see one more Synchronized Dive, I might just hurl.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What time?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    What time?
    I'm making ribz.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    According to my DVR, Holly Mangold is going to be on TV going for a gold medal this afternoon.

The DVR is critical to watching this Olympics b/c NBC has chosed to waste all of its primetime with "stories" about athletes and fake sports like Synchronized Diving. If I see one more Synchronized Dive, I might just hurl.
    It's a reality show. Women eat that stuff up. Not all women Limo, so don't shoot me please.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm making ribz.
    What are you eating while you're making ribs?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good story. I think Nick might look back on this and wish he went. Missing a day or so of camp isn't as big IMHO. He's already an established vet. Good luck to her!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be rooting for her... #teammangold

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    What time?
    Sorry. I forgot (I think it is around 3pm). My hatred of NBC's primetime show has reached the point that I now have a daily routine:
    1) Get up and get ready for work;
    2) Check the DVR for available Olympic coverage for that day. (It usually gives a short description of the event/people).
    3) Watch what I have taped on the DVR when I get home from work
    4) DVR the primetime show. Skip past all the commercials, interviews, dumb stories about 16 year old girls and fake sports to watch swimming and other real sports.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm making ribz.
    Don't bother. The ****ing dead lift competition isn't on in Jacksonville.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What are you eating while you're making ribs?
    2 dozen cream filled donuts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Can she play RT?

Synchronized Diving is a difficult art.

Only thing monotonous about it is China.

IMO, Water Polo is lame-ass boring. Half the world's out-of-shape slobs can play it.

WTF can't throw a ball into a 10' net? Seriously.

There's nothing interesting about it.

And if Holly wasn't Mangold's sister, would you really care to watch a 350-lb female weightlifter? C'mon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "IMO, Water Polo is lame-ass boring. Half the world's out-of-shape slobs can play it.

LOL...no....just no.

A bit tougher when the opponents are grabbing your nuts under water and trying to in effect drown you more or less. Water polo is one of the tougher dirtier sports out there, you just don't see all that goes on under the water.

And if Holly wasn't Mangold's sister, would you really care to watch a 350-lb female weightlifter? C'mon "

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. I forgot (I think it is around 3pm). My hatred of NBC's primetime show has reached the point that I now have a daily routine:
    1) Get up and get ready for work;
    2) Check the DVR for available Olympic coverage for that day. (It usually gives a short description of the event/people).
    3) Watch what I have taped on the DVR when I get home from work
    4) DVR the primetime show. Skip past all the commercials, interviews, dumb stories about 16 year old girls and fake sports to watch swimming and other real sports.
    I'm sure you know it's all about appealing to the largest possible audience, therefore it's necessary to do your homework before the Olympics even begin. If there are certain events you'd like to watch, you've got to find out when and on what channel it will be televised, and then set the DVR. The days of watching NBC's primetime show to see all of the events are long-gone because of the pressure to get great ratings. $$$$$$$$$

Thus stated, my routine is very similar to yours.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Can she play RT?

Synchronized Diving is a difficult art.

Only thing monotonous about it is China.

IMO, Water Polo is lame-ass boring. Half the world's out-of-shape slobs can play it.

And if Holly wasn't Mangold's sister, would you really care to watch a 350-lb female weightlifter? C'mon
    Speaking from experience, water polo is tough. Way more than half the world would drown, let alone be able to last the length of a match.

Don't find it interesting? That's fine.

Sent from my LTEvo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I'm sure you know it's all about appealing to the largest possible audience, therefore it's necessary to do your homework before the Olympics even begin. If there are certain events you'd like to watch, you've got to find out when and on what channel it will be televised, and then set the DVR. The days of watching NBC's primetime show to see all of the events are long-gone because of the pressure to get great ratings. $$$$$$$$$

Thus stated, my routine is very similar to yours.
    I few years ago, I heard a business analyst explain how NBC markets the Olympics:
    1) The men watch no matter what;
    2) They key to increasing ratings is getting women to watch; and
    3) That means human interest stories and gymnastics.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd rather watch, better yet DVR, a big chick lift weights rather than watch 2 people perform a highly technical and skilled event? ok...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonJET View Post
    You'd rather watch, better yet DVR, a big chick lift weights rather than watch 2 people perform a highly technical and skilled event? ok...
    When I want to see things like synchronized diving, I'll go to the circus or watch America's Got Talent. Not a real sport.

Plus, the synchronized diving I saw involved 2 dudes in speedos. I'll take the big chick over that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Speaking from experience, water polo is tough. Way more than half the world would drown, let alone be able to last the length of a match.
    Sure, that's why the women's teams have fatties on them.

There should be a hefty fine and disqualification for any team indecent enough to showcase a fatty in a bathing suit.

BTW, I played it too and it's great fun.

It just doesn't belong in the Olympics, IMO.

I also grew up with a pool and diving board on our property and I gotta say diving kicks ass.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holley doesn't compete until Sunday...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/weightlif...5kg/index.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Sure, that's why the women's teams have fatties on them.

There should be a hefty fine and disqualification for any team indecent enough to showcase a fatty in a bathing suit.

BTW, I played it too and it's great fun.

It just doesn't belong in the Olympics, IMO.

I also grew up with a pool and diving board on our property and I gotta say diving kicks ass.
    C'mon. Spain/Hungary just finished. Aside from the 2 meter girls, they were all very, very fit.

Horse Prancing, or whatever it's called, is on now. Now there's a "sport" that doesn't belong in the Olympics.

Sent from my LTEvo