Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Player I thin is really on fence is Patrick Turner

Sparano already cut him from Phins, and we've cut him once already

If he goes, we take on blocking TE TBD

All League
    Looks right to me.

Only 6 d-lineman?

I think we have to keep turner as we are very thin at the position, he has size and has a rapport with sanchez.

The only guy i see not on the 53 is donnie fletcher, although he should be on the practice squad. Could fill that spot with Dowtin or Teveseau.

Also not sure about keeping 4 Rbs and a FB.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think we have to keep turner as we are very thin at the position, he has size and has a rapport with sanchez.

The only guy i see not on the 53 is donnie fletcher, although he should be on the practice squad. Could fill that spot with Dowtin or Teveseau.

Also not sure about keeping 4 Rbs and a FB.
    I keep hearing the old he has rapport with Sanchez but have seen zero evidence of it since he's been here. Turner is not very good and the Jets should be looking at other teams cuts to upgrade at the end of camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I keep hearing the old he has rapport with Sanchez but have seen zero evidence of it since he's been here. Turner is not very good and the Jets should be looking at other teams cuts to upgrade at the end of camp.
    dont we have enough of sanchez's buddies on the team

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Only 6 d-lineman?
    i don't think so. we'll have 7. last spot should go to mtv. we'll either go with 9 DBs or 8 LBs. i'd say probably sans fletcher even though rex likes his CBs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

MTV was cut last year....so he's on thin ice as it is

Most games last year Rex would not even activate the d lineman

We'll see, but it's an early projection

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Only 6 d-lineman?
    Yes and no. Remember that when they go 4-3, all of the Jets DEs (Coples, Wilkerson, Devito, Dixon) can play inside and a number of their LBs (Pace, Thomas, Maybin, Sapp) can play DE, particularly on passing downs for the last two.

That means they can get significant rest even with only 6 DL - and they will want to keep 9 or ten LBs (the starters, plus Thomas [yeah, Maybin will start, IMO], Sapp, McIntyre, Davis, Bellore and possibly Mauga), which means they'll need to go light somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    i don't think so. we'll have 7. last spot should go to mtv. we'll either go with 9 DBs or 8 LBs. i'd say probably sans fletcher even though rex likes his CBs.
    No chance rex goes into game day with only 4 CBs

All Pro
    Good job, looks just about right to me. I think Trufant makes it over Fletcher as the 5th CB, and that the Jets will keep another guy on the Dline, probably MTV, at the expense of a 6th WR. I also think that Conner is on the bubble this year, with Baker and Ganaway cross-training in the FB role. I could see him as a final cut, with an extra LB like Mauga taking the roster spot. But great job overall - a very good projection IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You are correct, turner is not very good, but we are talking about our 4th or 5th WR. He has height and caught a TD vs miami last year when he was given an opportunity.

I doubt Gannaway the RB makes it. Jordan White screams Practice squad.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post

Jordan White screams Practice squad.
    Or IR.

I'm really intrigued by the guy--caught a million balls in college, but with the foot, we could easily stash him for a year with plausible deniability.

_

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jet's dump Conner... Ganaway is no lock to make roster and neither is Powell.... Mcknight is a lock due to kick off

Turner is not a lock and White can easily be practice squad.. Kerley is slot and punter returner so...

Would be shocked to see Jets add another TE and possible start season w/ 4 provided they emplore H-back TE formations..

On Defense.. Mauga, Mcintyre are most likely gone... I think Demario and Sapp are going to be there replacements..

Don't think Turner is a lock... nor is White...

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Yes and no. Remember that when they go 4-3, all of the Jets DEs (Coples, Wilkerson, Devito, Dixon) can play inside and a number of their LBs (Pace, Thomas, Maybin, Sapp) can play DE, particularly on passing downs for the last two.

That means they can get significant rest even with only 6 DL - and they will want to keep 9 or ten LBs (the starters, plus Thomas [yeah, Maybin will start, IMO], Sapp, McIntyre, Davis, Bellore and possibly Mauga), which means they'll need to go light somewhere else.
    but even in a 3-4 i think that is light. I can see 6 being active game day but i would like to see another big. Patriot reference Alert!!! BB normally carried at least 7.

Would love to see Dowtin beat out McIntyre, but appears even McIntyre has been playing well in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    You are correct, turner is not very good, but we are talking about our 4th or 5th WR. He has height and caught a TD vs miami last year when he was given an opportunity.
    All I know is that he also flat out dropped a pass right in his mitts at a key time with one of his opportunities. The guy does not impress me anymore than a David Clowney.