Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is realistic for Hill this year?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    We are currently enjoying a stat free weekend.
    what happened?

my prediction for Hill is 45/710/7

I'm thinking 54 rec, around 900 yards, with 5 TDs. That is if he is the day 1 starter. If they play around and wait and see half the year of course less.

All Pro
    he might not get 50 catches to be honest....but I expect his ypc to be high and to have 5-7 TD's

GT RARELY threw the ball. He could have went to SC or Alabama and get more touches. Even Georgia wanted him but he chose to stay loyal. I think it shows a lot about his character cause he didn't want to back out of his commitment. I don't think his college career should impact anything in the league other than running more routes in the game. He basically ran the 9 route, deep post, and a quick slant in college. He said in an interview 85% of games he never ran more than 3 different routes. This is going to be an adjustment just mentally here in the NFL reading when to break his routes and learning how to pace himself when he's making a double move and etc.

all in all his physical tools and speed is too good. This really all depends on the running game. If we run the ball above average then his numbers will look a lot better. If our running game isn't what we want it to be then his numbers won't look too good. He'll have more catches but less yards. All in all I expect 45, 750 yards, 7 TD's. 7 TD's is high I know but we're going to throw the ball to this guy in the endzone he's too big not to. Lets hope he stays consistent with catching the ball and not getting injured. I expect some nice things from Hill

You guys are VASTLY over estimating the impact hill will have. Considering that tone had 51 for 650 id expect 30 for 450,or something in that range. You have to remember were not going to be it out enough for him to get that many catches, and considering how raw he is, some of the other guesses are ludicrous.

I wrote an article early this week on Hill, and I compared his numbers with the other eight WRs drafted in the first two rounds. Since certain players played in high passing attacks (like Blackmon and Broyles) and Hill played in by far the most run heavy team, I didn't look at raw numbers. Instead, I looked more at efficiency stats like yards per catch, percentage of team's receptions, and percentage of team's receiving TDs. This would show how important a player was to the offense and how much he could hurt the other team when his number was called.

The results had Hill atop, finishing 1st in YPR, 3rd in % of team's receptions, and 3rd in % of team's receiving TDs. Of the 9 WRs, none finished top 5 in all three categories. This isn't to say he will be the best WR of the draft class, but it shows how explosive he is when GT actually threw the ball.

Anyway, a realistic rookie season for Hill IMO is 35 catches, 15-16 YPR, and 4 TDs. I think that's a fair expectation, and anything more is gravy.

I'm not sure about actual numbers, because a lot has to due with Sanchez progressing himself, but due to his size, speed and strength I believe Hill can become an instant run blocking deep threat. Due to his overall size, I can also picture Hill being a nice red zone target for Sanchez and our offense. Numbers aside, if Hill can provide us with a deep threat who can run block as a red zone target, I'll consider that a very productive rookie season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    if only there was someone who had some stats for this thread.
    You sir are a stirrer of sh1t.

One more catch, yard, and TD than Calvin Johnson, otherwise he's a bust.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So it appears that the Jets are going to lean on Hill to be the #2 WR this year. So assuming he stays healthy and plays out a full season, what would be an acceptable year for him? I look at a guy like Torry Smith for the Ravens as a comparable player. Both 2nd round guys, tall and fast. Granted Smith had a lot more experience in college, but they are similar skill set. Smith after a slow start put up 50 rec 841 yards 7 TDs. The Ravens were not a pass heavy offense and are similar in their basic philosophies. I would take that kind of year from Hill in a heart beat. Do any of you think that is unrealistic??
    Love the thread!!!
    Ask at the beginning of the season about acceptable performance.
    At the end of the season, if they get it, we know where to look for improvement .... and where not to look.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETWEINA View Post
    You guys are VASTLY over estimating the impact hill will have. Considering that tone had 51 for 650 id expect 30 for 450,or something in that range. You have to remember were not going to be it out enough for him to get that many catches, and considering how raw he is, some of the other guesses are ludicrous.
    I think if Hill puts up those numbers the Jets are in trouble. As the roster stands right now, Hill will be starting and is the #2 WR on this team. If he were to put up 30 receptions this year, I think that would be considered pretty bad for any teams #2 WR.