Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coples is...

by the way if people want to feel better about Quinton Coples, go look up how Shea McClellan is doing in Bears camp. I'll save you some time, it's not good. Coples may not be dominating but he's not embarrassing himself either.

All Pro
    Coples is ... yet to play a down of NFL football.

Hall Of Fame
    We have heard things both good and bad good about Hill. From day-1 we heard things. He is making plays and he is also getting schooled. In other words a talented rookie who is flashing. That is what we have heard in the last week. We heard things about Wilkerson during the same period last year.

I am not sure why the nimwits want to prevent any discussion on this.

If Coples beats a 2nd or 3rd stringer or two for a sack or makes a tackle or two for a loss in in the next little while then I am sure all of this goes away. Until then he has been invisible during the first part of camp. At what point can we get consensus that he is off to a bit of slow start?

All League
    lock, dump, and ban

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Coples is ... yet to play a down of NFL football.
    We are discussing the lack of any news from training camp James.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    by the way if people want to feel better about Quinton Coples, go look up how Shea McClellan is doing in Bears camp. I'll save you some time, it's not good. Coples may not be dominating but he's not embarrassing himself either.
    I think we all want to feel better about him Bit.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    We have heard things both good and bad good about Hill. From day-1 we heard things. He is making plays and he is also getting schooled. In other words a talented rookie who is flashing. That is what we have heard in the last week. We heard things about Wilkerson during the same period last year.

I am not sure why the nimwits want to prevent any discussion on this.

If Coples beats a 2nd or 3rd stringer or two for a sack or makes a tackle or two for a loss in in the next little while then I am sure all of this goes away. Until then he has been invisible during the first part of camp. At what point can w3e get consensus that he is off to a bit of slow start?
    It's pretty tough to consider the derisive sarcasm of the OP as "discussion". If it were a bonafide discussion, then you wouldn't see the stream of "dump" reactions. It was pretty clear that "discussion" was not the intention of the moronic OP.

All League
    huge bust. i haven't seen any tweets from training camp about how awesome he is doing. tanny and rex blew another draft pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    It's pretty tough to consider the derisive sarcasm of the OP as "discussion". If it were a bonafide discussion, then you wouldn't see the stream of "dump" reactions. It was pretty clear that "discussion" was not the intention of the moronic OP.
    Ah well, maybe so DCat. Certainly I can see where it is inflammatory.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    huge bust. i haven't seen any tweets from training camp about how awesome he is doing. tanny and rex blew another draft pick.
    You must have attended the SAR school of rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Ah well, maybe so DCat. Certainly I can see where it is inflammatory.
    that said, it is way too early to label Coples as anything. I had no expectation that he would begin camp on a rip roaring sack spree. Anyone who did is just being unrealistic. He's a rookie. Can't evaluate the "worth" of the pick for quite some time.

unknown quality

Take it for what it's worth...but Cimini just said that he hasn't even seen the Athletecism from Coples. Meaning he's not going full on. That's not a very good sign. The guy should be trying to do everything to lose that rep. Hopefully he plays a lot in the 1st preaseason game. B/C I remember watching Gholston NEVER going full force in preseason. I knew he'd be a bust (Gholston)

All League
    I find it hard to believe that this thread was started in a sober state. To project anything at this point after 4 practices is just stupid. Im still scratching my head as to why this thread was started????? But you got me, I wasted 2 minutes replying to it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    that said, it is way too early to label Coples as anything. I had no expectation that he would begin camp on a rip roaring sack spree. Anyone who did is just being unrealistic. He's a rookie. Can't evaluate the "worth" of the pick for quite some time.
    I have not labelled him as anything. I have simply observed that the lack of positive reports during the first week of camp is vaguely troubling and that such an observation is pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Only time will tell as it too early to form an accurate opinion on any rookie right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    IDK I can't figure out how to post this vid but here this is my answer.
    that's hysterical. I never saw that one before. Classic.

here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50LsvwmgJ7I

All League
    Coples is an unknown.

Let the man play at the least a preseason game or two before evaluating him.

Sent from my LG-P999

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Take it for what it's worth...but Cimini just said that he hasn't even seen the Athletecism from Coples. Meaning he's not going full on. That's not a very good sign. The guy should be trying to do everything to lose that rep. Hopefully he plays a lot in the 1st preaseason game. B/C I remember watching Gholston NEVER going full force in preseason. I knew he'd be a bust (Gholston)
    Pretty much nothing.