Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Powell too slow, no moves

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah we could have used his 250 yards last year, and 50 yards receiving. Another huge mistake by this incompetent GM.
    I meant more for his scatback skills AND punt and kick returning ability. At the end of 2010 he was returning multiple kicks for TDs, while we got no big plays out of the return game throughout the playoffs, wiseguy

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Powell's one good college season came against weaker teams.

Louisville did not play any top 25 teams that year.

Then he had a good Senior Bowl.

Most teams weren't fooled.
    Yeah. The Jets were suckers.

Just like Mo Wilk fooled them. Temple sucks. And how Ray Rice fooled the Ravens. He went to Rutgers, lol. and Isaiah Pead from Cincinatti. Rams were doped.

Give the kid a chance, DDNY. Oops, I meant Jordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post

Just like Mo Wilk fooled them. Temple sucks. And how Ray Rice fooled the Ravens. He went to Rutgers, lol. and Isaiah Pead from Cincinatti. Rams were doped.

Yea we got burned by Temple and got stuck with Joe Klecko years ago, we should have learned then, lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post

LOL.

Well, I can tell you that in Ray Rice's senior year (his monster year), Rutgers went up against 4 top 20 teams.

Wishful thinking on Powell I believe.

I hope I'm wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yea we got burned by Temple and got stuck with Joe Klecko years ago, we should have learned then, lol
    LOL.

Here come the apples and oranges comparisons.

Not one comment about my post #24 in this thread????
    Can only assume no one saw it...
    Tell me that's not funny...

Powell's one good college season came against weaker teams.

Louisville did not play any top 25 teams that year.

Then he had a good Senior Bowl.

Most teams weren't fooled.
    Hard to say. His first 3 seasons were with a lousy head coach who got replaced by Charlie Strong his senior year

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Hard to say. His first 3 seasons were with a lousy head coach who got replaced by Charlie Strong his senior year

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Why do you say that Steve Kragthorpe was a lousy HC?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Not one comment about my post #24 in this thread????
    Can only assume no one saw it...
    Tell me that's not funny...
    It isn't funny. It became even more lame from this post fishing for comments on the humor of the first post.

Sorry, have to agree on the lameness

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    are you a betting man? If so, PM me. But first tell us what ganaway has done to beat out Powell. You are on the clock........
    Jus got n from va beach lil whileEGO.. sorry i didnt know i was on clock bc Powell Sux sucka.. Didnt u see him last yr when Powell was fumblin, Bumbln , Stumbln, Crumbln and we were all Grumbling & Mumbling!!!! Did u forget???? Or u just dont know bad football players when u see them? BIGMOUTH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    are you a betting man? If so, PM me. But first tell us what ganaway has done to beat out Powell. You are on the clock........
    I get it now ur Kentucky jet & Powell went to Louisville NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Kentucky.. Gotcha!!! Now i know what ur deal is with this thread..

Why do you say that Steve Kragthorpe was a lousy HC?
    Because from what you can tell of his tenure at UofL, he was ?

Under his predecessor, Bobby Petrino, the Cards had gone 41-9 overall and 12-1 his last season. Kragthorpe took over and compiled records of 6-6, 5-7, the 4-8 for an overall record of 15-21 ?

Louisville went from being a Top 10/20 program, to being unranked ?

Here's something from the Kragthorpe wiki:

Although Louisville started the 2007 season as #10 in the AP Poll and returned the majority of the 2007 Orange Bowl champion team, including Heisman Trophy candidate Brian Brohm at quarterback, the Cards finished the season a disappointing 6–6, including a loss to Syracuse in which the Cardinals were 37 point favorites. Nine consecutive winnings seasons and bowl games came to an end under the direction of Kragthrope in year one of his coaching tenure at Louisville with a team that had enough talent to see five of its players taken in the NFL Draft. Rumors swirled on whether Kragthorpe would return for a second season. After days of speculation whether Kragthorpe could leave for the vacant head coaching job at Southern Methodist University, Louisville sports information director Rocco Gasparro confirmed on November 21, that there is a "50-50 chance" Kragthorpe will be at SMU in 2008.[6] In a press conference that same day Kragthorpe ruled out any speculations that he was entertaining an offer from SMU, saying he was “100 percent committed” to Louisville.[7] Following Louisville's dismal 2007 season, Kragthorpe released both offensive coordinator Charlie Stubbs and defensive coordinator Mike Cassity and then hired Michigan defensive coordinator Ron English to guide the Cardinals defense and handed the offensive coordinator duties to Jeff Brohm,[8] who was expected to install an offense similar to that run by former Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino.

Kragthorpe opened his second season at Louisville with very low expectations.[9] A year removed from being a preseason top 10 program, the Cardinals entered the 2008 season picked 7th in the 8 team Big East Conference by members of the media. Louisville hosted in-state rival Kentucky on Sunday, August 31, falling to the Wildcats 27-2 in Louisville's first opening day loss since 2002.[10] On October 25, 2008, Louisville defeated a ranked South Florida team 24-20. Kragthorpe also lost to Syracuse in back to back seasons, giving Syracuse head coach Greg Robinson two of his three Big East wins as a head coach. Following the Syracuse loss, Kragthorpe's Cardinals lost the next four games capped off by a 63-14 loss to Rutgers (Louisville's worst defeat since 1987.)[11][12] This marked the team's first losing season since 1997.

Louisville fired Kragthorpe on November 28, 2009.

BTW, I live in Louisville and am a UofL alumni

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I get it now ur Kentucky jet & Powell went to Louisville NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Kentucky.. Gotcha!!! Now i know what ur deal is with this thread..
    Actually, Kentucky and Louisville are extremely bitter rivals for the most part. Think Michigan v Michigan State (except that neither of the KY schools are in the same league talent wise

Jets Insider VIP
    Because from what you can tell of his tenure at UofL, he was ?

Under his predecessor, Bobby Petrino, the Cards had gone 41-9 overall and 12-1 his last season. Kragthorpe took over and compiled records of 6-6, 5-7, the 4-8 for an overall record of 15-21 ?

Louisville went from being a Top 10/20 program, to being unranked ?

Here's something from the Kragthorpe wiki:

BTW, I live in Louisville and am a UofL alumni
    How do we know he didn't have crappy personnel? Powell being one of them?

Brian Brohm was one of the most overrated QB's in college football history playing in the UFL 3 years after being drafted in the 2nd round.

All League

Brian Brohm was one of the most overrated QB's in college football history playing in the UFL 3 years after being drafted in the 2nd round.
    If he had lousy personnel, it's his fault as HC. Brohm ay have flopped in the pros, but he was a very good college QB. All Kragthorpe had to do was stabilize what Petrino had built, and he couldn't do it. Whether it was his game day coaching or lack of personnel(recruiting), it falls in his lap as a College HC. And based off of his run at Louisville, he's not a very good HC.

Actually, Kentucky and Louisville are extremely bitter rivals for the most part. Think Michigan v Michigan State (except that neither of the KY schools are in the same league talent wise
    Michigan / Michigan State is not currently a rivalry. We chalk it up as an automatic win these days

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    If he had lousy personnel, it's his fault as HC. Brohm ay have flopped in the pros, but he was a very good college QB. All Kragthorpe had to do was stabilize what Petrino had built, and he couldn't do it. Whether it was his game day coaching or lack of personnel(recruiting), it falls in his lap as a College HC. And based off of his run at Louisville, he's not a very good HC.
    Regardless of the HC, there is no evidence yet to suggest that Powell is an NFL caliber RB. He may go the same way as Brohm.

Although Louisville started the 2007 season as #10 in the AP Poll and returned the majority of the 2007 Orange Bowl champion team, including Heisman Trophy candidate Brian Brohm at quarterback, the Cards finished the season a disappointing 66
    Louisville ended the 2006 season ranked #6 in the coaches poll, and #5 in the AP poll. Most of their starters from that season returned for the 2007 season.

You might think that Brohm sucked, but the simple fact is that under Petrino, Brohm and UofL did quite well. Under Kragthorpe, they didn't do ****.

Regardless of the HC, there is no evidence yet to suggest that Powell is an NFL caliber RB. He may go the same way as Brohm.
    No evidence suggests that he isn't either...

Things are looking up for the kid. I'll leave it at that.