Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: Powell too slow, no moves

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Regardless of the HC, there is no evidence yet to suggest that Powell is an NFL caliber RB. He may go the same way as Brohm.
    With that logic, there's no "evidence" to suggest that ANY college player is an "NFL caliber" player.

  2. #62
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Regardless of the HC, there is no evidence yet to suggest that Powell is an NFL caliber RB. He may go the same way as Brohm.
    I never said there was, you were questioning Kragthorpes ability as a head coach.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    I'll wait until after the exhibition season before reaffirming what I already think.

    But I have serious doubts about Powell. He may look good in limited contact drills but when it comes time for real contact with earnest pursuit and ILB's looking to take his head off between the tackles, we'll see how good he is.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'll wait until after the exhibition season before reaffirming what I already think.

    But I have serious doubts about Powell. He may look good in limited contact drills but when it comes time for real contact with earnest pursuit and ILB's looking to take his head off between the tackles, we'll see how good he is.
    Jordy,

    Can't you say the exact same thing about almost every young player who hasn't seen much playing time ?

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Jordy,

    Can't you say the exact same thing about almost every young player who hasn't seen much playing time ?
    When I see a tentative, slow to the line, slow in general RB...no. No I can't.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    When I see a tentative, slow to the line, slow in general RB...no. No I can't.
    Guess I missed where he was a "tentative, slow to the line, slow in general RB".

    Got any links or care to tell me when he was this way ?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    It isn't funny. It became even more lame from this post fishing for comments on the humor of the first post.
    That made my night. Thanks.

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Guess I missed where he was a "tentative, slow to the line, slow in general RB".

    Got any links or care to tell me when he was this way ?
    That's what he showed last pre-season/season when he saw the field against opponents.

    What were YOU watching?

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That's what he showed last pre-season/season when he saw the field against opponents.

    What were YOU watching?

    Wow, all that from the whole entire 13 rush attempts that he had last year ??

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,149
    He had an injury that set him back. Year 2 we will see.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Wow, all that from the whole entire 13 rush attempts that he had last year ??
    It doesn't take much to see what a RB has or doesn't have.

    I haven't seen it.

    Maybe he was hiding it and will bring it out this year.

    We'll see.

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    He had an injury that set him back. Year 2 we will see.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    What injury did Powell have?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What injury did Powell have?
    Not sure. Rex mentioned in a press conference that he had injuries last year.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Jordy,

    Can't you say the exact same thing about almost every young player who hasn't seen much playing time ?
    +1000.

  15. #75
    As if our coaching staff would be giving a quote unquote too slow, no moves type of jag the time of day during both training camp and practice reps. Powell has earned his reps, and as a younger back, taking carries away from the likes of Greene, Teebow, McKnight and even Ganaway. He must be doing something right. I'll take a wait and see approach with Powell, I'll trust our coaching staff first and foremost. That's why we're fans, while our front office decides who's too slow and/or possesses no moves with cuts much sooner than training camp. It's not like Powell hasn't emerged onto the scene as an early season stand out...
    Last edited by JetsFlyingHigh; 08-05-2012 at 03:58 AM.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It doesn't take much to see what a RB has or doesn't have.

    I haven't seen it.

    Maybe he was hiding it and will bring it out this year.

    We'll see.
    Have you seen it with DeMarco Murray early in the season last year? Before he almost broke Adrian Petersons rushing record?

  17. #77
    This was a report from the Senior Bowl under Risers/Fallers.....

    Risers

    RB Bilal Powell, Louisville: Despite a 204-pound frame, Powell looks as if he could easily add 10-15 pounds to a well-sculpted body. Of all the backs this week, Powell consistently cleared his creases untouched at the line of scrimmage because of how hard he attacked. His pass protection was a question mark entering this week, but he demonstrated good hands, quick feet and tenacity. Powell might not get drafted until the third day, but like Arian Foster and James Starks, Powell has the instincts, effort and maturity to develop into an N.F.L. starter.

  18. #78
    I like powell just wish we would replaced McKnight with Ronnie Hillman. me tinks thats kids gonna be a stud

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Have you seen it with DeMarco Murray early in the season last year? Before he almost broke Adrian Petersons rushing record?
    Are you serious?

    Murray was a stud in the Big 12. Not a one year wonder in the Big East.

    He has all the tools. There was never a question about his talents.

    LOL. Trying to compare Powell to Murray. What a tool you are.

  20. #80
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Damn straight, that cat can really move...

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5VbDNjQrhw
    You mean damn bent.

    Bowie-Jagger were hardcore ghey lovers back then.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us