Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green - White Practice Info

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Very few Jets fans, just toothless townies.

SAR I
    Congrats, you are top dog for once.

Savor it.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Congrats, you are top dog for once.

Savor it.
    As I'm checking in to the hotel, some guy sees my Jets t-shirt and comes up to me and says he's started a blog and hands me a business card with the URL on it.

I tell him I post quite often on Jets Insider but that if he pays-per-post I'd consider visiting his site. Tell him I'm a pretty popular poster, he asks me if I'm pulling his leg.

I am the man right now.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    As I'm checking in to the hotel, some guy sees my Jets t-shirt and comes up to me and says he's started a blog and hands me a business card with the URL on it.

I tell him I post quite often on Jets Insider but that if he pays-per-post I'd consider visiting his site. Tell him I'm a pretty popular poster, he asks me if I'm pulling his leg.

I am the man right now.

SAR I
    It doesn't get any better than that.

He prolly drives a Ford, too.

The mountain; You dwell atop it.

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I am the man right now.

SAR I
    Not bad kid, toughed it out among the smelly beneath you's, the whole image of it had me dying laughing

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    This "scrimmage " was a joke and the fans who attended deserve better. It was scheduled and advertised to run from 6-9 pm and ended at a little after 7:00. I drove 4 hours, paid for gas, tolls and a room for the night to watch less tan an hour of practice. In fact I spent more time trying to leave the parking lot than I did watching this nightmare. I understand that to expect to watch 3 hours of contact is too much for an exibition but this was an advertised event meant to draw fans to watch their team. I think most fans were confused when at 7:00 all activity ended and a 20 minute count down clock began to run on the scoreboard only to expire without any further activity. I have attended many practices at Hofstra and recently at Cortland and at the end the players spread out and interacted with the fans and signed autographs, tonight I saw three players and Mike Westoff for a crowd of at least 6500 fans. After the drive, expenses and being forced to walk an extra 1/2 mile through a merchandise tent in order to gain acess to a seat I expected more, any body else agree or am i off base here?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24/7jetfan View Post
    This "scrimmage " was a joke and the fans who attended deserve better. It was scheduled and advertised to run from 6-9 pm and ended at a little after 7:00. I drove 4 hours, paid for gas, tolls and a room for the night to watch less tan an hour of practice. In fact I spent more time trying to leave the parking lot than I did watching this nightmare. I understand that to expect to watch 3 hours of contact is too much for an exibition but this was an advertised event meant to draw fans to watch their team. I think most fans were confused when at 7:00 all activity ended and a 20 minute count down clock began to run on the scoreboard only to expire without any further activity. I have attended many practices at Hofstra and recently at Cortland and at the end the players spread out and interacted with the fans and signed autographs, tonight I saw three players and Mike Westoff for a crowd of at least 6500 fans. After the drive, expenses and being forced to walk an extra 1/2 mile through a merchandise tent in order to gain acess to a seat I expected more, any body else agree or am i off base here?

Yeah, they should have had another hour of live contact to make sure all the fans felt they got their money's worth, wtf!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24/7jetfan View Post
    I kinda expected a glorified practice with more contact ... That is essentially what we got. I got there at 3:00 stood online and the remained standing at the wall in the stadium to get some choice photos for the duration. It was blistering hot today.

I thought it was fine and did not leave feeling jipped ... It was free after all ...

Was not blown away or disappointed ....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Yeah, they should have had another hour of live contact to make sure all the fans felt they got their money's worth, wtf!
    You obviously missed the point,as I said I didn't expect 3 hours of contact for an exibition. My point was that they should have posted their true intentions on their website so their fans could decide weather it was a worth the time and expense to attend a 45 minute practice. Understand now?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I kinda expected a glorified practice with more contact ... That is essentially what we got. I got there at 3:00 stood online and the remained standing at the wall in the stadium to get some choice photos for the duration. It was blistering hot today.

I thought it was fine and did not leave feeling jipped ... It was free after all ...

Was not blown away or disappointed ....
    I understand your point Dunnie, It is a free event if you live within a reasonable driving distance, I live in Nassau County about 5 minutes from Hofstra and I can tell you if this had happened at Hofstra I might feel the same way you do. I know there were alot of people who made the trip and spent hours in the car in order to attend what we were told would be a 3 hour event that turned out to be less than an hour, I am a serious fan of this team and have made this trip before attending an afternoon practice on one day, spend the night and catch a morning practice the next. Totally worth it, this time not so much.