Thread: Jets tempo on offense is the fastest it's been in a while...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets tempo on offense is the fastest it's been in a while...

They're going with 18 seconds instead of 25, that's why receivers are dropping like flies. The good thing is we will wear a lot of defenses out if we continue to master playing at a fast tempo. Don't overlook this factor when assessing the progress of the offense, tempo is always huge. Under Schotty the tempo was painfully slow and when we got in hurry up situations we mostly failed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe now the Jets can cut down on those countless substitution penalties and won't have to blow timeouts because the offense isn't situated. Also, let's hope they can snap the ball with more than 2 seconds left on the playclock.

God, I ****ing hated Schitty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were close to getting delay penalties with almost every snap it seemed. It was really frustrating to watch, hopefully that's a thing of the past now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    They're going with 18 seconds instead of 25, that's why receivers are dropping like flies. The good thing is we will wear a lot of defenses out if we continue to master playing at a fast tempo. Don't overlook this factor when assessing the progress of the offense, tempo is always huge. Under Schotty the tempo was painfully slow and when we got in hurry up situations we mostly failed.
    If the offense is successful and moving the football at that speed than that might be the outcome( wearing out opposing defense) But If the Jets are playing much faster and the offense not moving the football, you have a chance of doing that to your defense instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also don't forget how valuable it will be for sanchez to actually get to the line with 5-7 seconds to survey the defense and evaluate the coverage. He has never been given that opportunity as we are always late out of the huddle.

With all the motion we had, it was that much more difficult for him to be able to decipher the coverage as our guys weren't set in time for him to see the defense adjust.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Also don't forget how valuable it will be for sanchez to actually get to the line with 5-7 seconds to survey the defense and evaluate the coverage. He has never been given that opportunity as we are always late out of the huddle.

With all the motion we had, it was that much more difficult for him to be able to decipher the coverage as our guys weren't set in time for him to see the defense adjust.

Good point, and I'll add that the more that we run the ball the easier and more effective this fast tempo offense becomes to operate, think back to the Bills offense of the early 90's with Kelly and Thurman Thomas, sure they passed at will, but it was Thurman doing most of the damage early in the hurry up. Fast forward to the Manning, Rivers and Brady and you see some of the same they all operate best with a fast tempo offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I don't care how fast the tempo is in the game -- there are benefits to running the clock while you have the ball.

But in practice? I LOVE the idea that our guys have to work at a pace that forces them to know the play inside and out. Even if it's never run that way in a game, the benefits will still be evident in their execution . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally don't think we will play THAT up tempo in actual games, i think this is a smart practice strategy to get used to this now, and then in actual games everything will slow down.

Yet another actual strategy as opposed to what schotty was doing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just thinking how much I will miss all the late personnel changes and presnap motion that caused more confusion for the offense than the defense! I loved that we had incredible amounts of drive killing o-line penalties perpetuated by disorganization! I will especially miss that worthless "blocking" tight end who committed many of those drive killing penalties (cannot remember his name, think I subconsciously blocked it out).

I don't know what caliber of offense we will bring to the table next year, but I can tell you that whatever the tempo, we will be better than last year without the OC and that dufus TE. Unsure about RT, but with a better plan and not leaving Hunter 1:1 on passing downs, he will have a better year. Lastly, If we do not give up 126 points off turnovers this is going to be a damn good season!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's good because defenses will pick it up too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better not b any fast tempo 3 & outs on offense. That was a bigting w/Dollies last yr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Hip Screw View Post
    I was just thinking how much I will miss all the late personnel changes and presnap motion that caused more confusion for the offense than the defense! I loved that we had incredible amounts of drive killing o-line penalties perpetuated by disorganization! I will especially miss that worthless "blocking" tight end who committed many of those drive killing penalties (cannot remember his name, think I subconsciously blocked it out).

I don't know what caliber of offense we will bring to the table next year, but I can tell you that whatever the tempo, we will be better than last year without the OC and that dufus TE. Unsure about RT, but with a better plan and not leaving Hunter 1:1 on passing downs, he will have a better year. Lastly, If we do not give up 126 points off turnovers this is going to be a damn good season!

I'll give you two Mulligans if you come up with his name.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. Impressive. I guess Sanchez will be able to make us go 3 and out that much faster, right?