Thread: Would anyone be surprised if we make a trade for a WR or OL?

Would anyone be surprised if we make a trade for a WR or OL?

Well the obvious answer is "No, I would not be surprised", because Trader Mike is at the helm. The better question is, would you be willing to spend a 3rd round pick on a quality player and do you think the Jets will?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    Well the obvious answer is "No, I would not be surprised", because Trader Mike is at the helm. The better question is, would you be willing to spend a 3rd round pick on a quality player and do you think the Jets will?
    No on OL, yes on WR. You eventually have to give what you have a chance that's how teams are built, otherwise get a new scout team.

Jets Insider VIP
    What exactly is "out there"?

Yes I would be surprised, only because I believe waiting until cuts from other teams is a less costly option, especially at o-line. There could be a B grade o-lineman coming available. A WR pick-up less likely as they rarely will pan out unless as a special teams player.

However, from a baseball mentality, players in a contract year can be obtained cheaply for a mid or late round draft pick and could see this happening. Track record would be Holmes and coulda been Otah.

Veteran
    Not only would I not be suprised I expect it to happen and will be fine with it as long as its an upgrade at either pos.

I wish we traded for Steve Smith a couple of years ago. That guy can still fly.

Would be surprised re: a trade, but not surprised if we sign a camp cut RT. The Lions could conceivably cut Gosder Cherilus (in last yr of contract) who is average but still an upgrade over Hunter

No mainly because there is nothing out there that can be had that is better then what we have. Do you really want anther guy like Britt on this team? I'll flat out pass on guys like Early Doucet or Earl Bennett who do not offer an upgrade in reality. Teams also don't move OL that can get the job done. At best you'd get Erik Pears who is not wort much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    What exactly is "out there"?
    Mike Wallace.

I can dream.

Jets have enough WR's & OL right now. Some1 will step up on the OL. Dont worry!!! Jets r deep @ WR. Holmes, Shilens, Turner,Kerley will b FINE!!! , HILL #87 Ganaway = FAST!!! , # 17 WHITE not mcwhite..

All Pro
    I would give a 3rd round pick for any player worth a 2nd round pick or higher, at any position.

Jets Insider VIP
    At this point, I'd actually be surpised if we don't trade for a receiver.

I love Hill's potential as much as the next guy, but we're talking about a rookie who never caught more than 28 passes in a single season in college.

Aside from Holmes, we have question marks all over the place at receiver.

Hell, our entire offense is one giant question mark.

People can talk about getting rid of Schitty and bringing in Sparano all they want. That still doesn't change the fact that Sanchez is a bottom 3rd starting QB until he proves otherwise, Wayne Hunter is still our starting RT, we have no experienced WR outside of Holmes, and we have no idea how our backfield is going to shake out.

I'm extremely excited about our defense, why wouldn't you be?

But the offense could turn out to be just as big of a disaster as last season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd be shocked if we traded a 3, yes.

I think we need OL and RB before we need another WR. We have Keller at TE along with Baker and Cumberland. Any of those three can catch the ball. We need another running back to compliment Greene. I'm not sold on McKnight or Powell.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    I think we need OL and RB before we need another WR. We have Keller at TE along with Baker and Cumberland. Any of those three can catch the ball. We need another running back to compliment Greene. I'm not sold on McKnight or Powell.
    I could see that as more likely then WR. Not because I don't like what we have but more what teams have to trade. I'd take Steven Jackson in a heart. SL really should shop him I'm not sure why they haven't. If SL can still get a 3rd rounder they should take it IMO. I could also see Buff moving Jackson. He is 32 but just coming off anther good year. NO moving a RB because they have a bunch of guys the league likes. SF moving Gore. He has declined and they have James, Hunter, and Jacobs. Detroit moving Smith. He is the #3 on that team but has play maker ability. I know teams don't normally do that at this point of the game but if I where GM on any of those teams I be looking for value. Even if it is just to add a BU I could see us making a move if one of them hit the market.

Jets Insider VIP
    A 4th for james Jones from the pack would be nice. I am sure Tannys called already. He called last year about him but the pack decided to resign him.

Talking BEFORE THE FIRST GAME- ADDRESS THE O LINE

quote:
    =I'm extremely excited about our defense, why wouldn't you be?

But the offense could turn out to be just as big of a disaster as last season.

...THATS about it. Ditto. I think Tanny will have to look at some of the cut players / waiver line... for a OT. Our O line has got to be better or we can never compete with NE. Speed rushers like Damarcus Ware and others of his ability will run right around Wayne Hunter. And if Sanchez gets banged up again.....?? then what.