Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105

Thread: Baldinger thinks Sparano offense a joke!

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sparano's offense is only a joke if he's not able to get it to work in games. Sparano just needs to identify the strengths on the team, what players do certain things well, and putting players in the best position to succeed.

    Sparano's philosophy, from what I've seen, is heavy on the run. The Jets most recent offensive philosophy has been on the running game. It did fall off a little bit last season, but for the most part it has worked well.

    So in my mind, this is a good fit. You have a guy that loves to use the running game going to a team that loves to use the running game. Isn't that a sure sign of a good fit?

    I think Sparano will be able to pick right up with the OL and RB's and produce a potent running game. I think the myriad of ways Sparano is able to utilize the running game will loom large for the NYJ. JMO.

  2. #82
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Some of these guys really have a bug up their ass, I wonder what Rex has said or done to annoy them.
    Baldinger occassionally comes up with some productive commentary most of the time he comes across half baked due to lack of research or just wild speculation

  3. #83
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know we are not going to win the Super Bowl this year , yet I hope we do well. Just to STFU all these so called "experts ". As a 45 year Jets fan my nuts are killing me from all the kicks that have been place there this year by most of the media and a lot of so called Jets
    Fans.

    In all my years, I have never seen so much hate and biased opinion directed at this team. I would really enjoy rubbing
    a few folks face in all the crap that has been written the year, if this team comes out strong and becomes a force to be reckoned with.

    One pattern I have observed over the years is, low expectations and trash talk about how bad the Jets will be, often proceed really good seasons, hope more so then ever that is the case this year.

  4. #84
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Equally hilarious and ironic with the Baldinger article, Belichick and the Pats always had a tough time with the Sparano Dolphins, and the Dolphins upset them several times.

    Sparano comes from the same coaching tree Belichick does, and as some have already mentioned, Baldinger's analysis is a joke as the stats would suggest.
    Te dolphins defense would always play the Pats tight ,I never recall the fins scoring a lot of points against them. I watch a lot of the fins games.Sparano after that first season when noodle arm lead the charge and they never turned the ball over.(remember they also played a very weak schedule ) The phins offense has flat out sxcked. The team spent on free-agents for o-line,high draft picks on o-line and guess what the o-line still sxcks.
    I will guanteed this by week 3 ,a few 3rd and 13 draws,poor time management (he is the worst time manager I have ever seen),and sending out receivers short of the first down so his kicker has a better shot at a field goal. I do not understand this hire. Eve the interview process seemed quick.

  5. #85
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You lose.
    LOL.

    So when you get your ass kicked on every football/Sparano related point you change topics and start a petty argument over grammar?

    What a loser.

  6. #86
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    LOL.

    So when you get your ass kicked on every football/Sparano related point you change topics and start a petty argument over grammar?

    What a loser.
    No.

    Your comparison suggesting that the Jets are Sparano's team like the Dolphins were Sparano's team with your record comparisons as a HC with Miami and extrapolating them over to the Jets where he will not be a HC was...idiotic.

    Like I said, you think you're a lot smarter than you are. But keep coming back with some more name-calling. You are good at that.

  7. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did Baldy say again?
    These hi-jacked threads lately have been hella bad

  8. #88
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The players not giving up on him has no bearing on how good he is at calling plays and getting the team into the endzone.

    I like the hire of sparano. But the guy spent the last 2 years fist pumping over field goals. Hes not exactly Bill Walsh here.
    Of course not having Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig, Clark, etc has nothing to do with Sparano not being Walsh?

  9. #89
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Te dolphins defense would always play the Pats tight ,I never recall the fins scoring a lot of points against them. I watch a lot of the fins games.Sparano after that first season when noodle arm lead the charge and they never turned the ball over.(remember they also played a very weak schedule ) The phins offense has flat out sxcked. The team spent on free-agents for o-line,high draft picks on o-line and guess what the o-line still sxcks.
    I will guanteed this by week 3 ,a few 3rd and 13 draws,poor time management (he is the worst time manager I have ever seen),and sending out receivers short of the first down so his kicker has a better shot at a field goal. I do not understand this hire. Eve the interview process seemed quick.
    In 08, Sparanos first year they hung 38 and 28 points on the Pats.

    Last season they scored 24 in each game.

  10. #90
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I guess for Baldinger, never let the facts get in the way of a good analysis.

  11. #91
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Of course not having Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig, Clark, etc has nothing to do with Sparano not being Walsh?

  12. #92
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    In 08, Sparanos first year they hung 38 and 28 points on the Pats.

    Last season they scored 24 in each game.
    More impotently with Pennington, Ronnie "the glass man" Brown, and Ted Ginn(As his #1!). That was Chads best year and it was well after his arm was nearly tore off. Ginn and every other WR on that team was a huge bust. I will give that OL credit but even there I'd say this team is better. If he can make the POs with that passing O we should be a lock. Now I'm not a huge Sanchez fan but I do believe he can put up more yards then we have seen. He is certainly better then Henne.

    The failures of that Miami team had nothing to do with Sparanos play calling. If you look at the Miami drafts from 02 to 2010 there is really not a lot of O talent in there with those early picks. You'll see names like Pat White, Henne, Ginn, Turner, Beck, Booker, Satele, Hagan, Brown, Wade Smith, Carey, Taylor Whitley, and Seth McKinney. That is a LOT of fail. Other then Jake Long that has been some really bad drafting IMO. As long as he isn't doing the shopping I feel OK with him calling plays.

  13. #93
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No.

    Your comparison suggesting that the Jets are Sparano's team like the Dolphins were Sparano's team with your record comparisons as a HC with Miami and extrapolating them over to the Jets where he will not be a HC was...idiotic.

    Like I said, you think you're a lot smarter than you are. But keep coming back with some more name-calling. You are good at that.
    Thank you.

    Now learn how to read and sort the facts ... if you can.

    I never suggested that the Jets are Sparano's team quite like the Dolphins were.

    His role is similar to an extent but obviously a lesser one. Though it's still a role of leadership, teaching, and preparation.

    Like I clarified earlier but didn't penetrate your bozone layer.

    And of course it's YOU that thinks you're so smart, but can't read and follow simple logic. Go figure.

    I noticed a pattern to Sparano's body of work and posted it for observational purposes.

    I'm sure everybody else got it but you.

    Also, I like the way you project and accuse others of the very same things you do - like calling names which YOU started and never stopped.

    Hypocrisy Queen Jordeen

    You lose ... again.

  14. #94
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    When Penny went from us to Miami he significantly cut down on his turnovers. Hopefully the same happens for Sanchez under Sparano.
    When the Jets signed Favre and dumped CP it was such a blow to his ego that it drove him to step up his game no matter where he played.

    I don't think Sparano had anything to do with it.

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    When the Jets signed Favre and dumped CP it was such a blow to his ego that it drove him to step up his game no matter where he played.

    I don't think Sparano had anything to do with it.
    Yes, because CP tried harder in Miami.

    Sure. That's what it was, wasn't the system.

  16. #96
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes, because CP tried harder in Miami.

    Sure. That's what it was, wasn't the system.
    No. He was shattered by the shocking Favre maneuver.

    It was the kick in the ass he so badly needed.

  17. #97
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    When the Jets signed Favre and dumped CP it was such a blow to his ego that it drove him to step up his game no matter where he played.

    I don't think Sparano had anything to do with it.
    The harder you try the worse you look. Ridiculous. Bozone layer? Really? Calm down before you say something you'll regret.

  18. #98
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The harder you try the worse you look. Ridiculous. Bozone layer? Really? Calm down before you say something you'll regret.
    STFU and GFY cricket

    and take your own advice






    _
    Last edited by jetrider; 08-06-2012 at 03:04 AM.

  19. #99
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sparano's offense is a joke then Brian Schottenheimer's offense must be a 2 hour stand-up special.

  20. #100
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The fact is if the Bills signed Sparano as OC instead of us, we all would be laughing and making fun of the Bills for making such a horrible move.
    Not true at all. Personally, I think Sparano found production in places of adversity where a lot of coaches might not have.

    Bills signing TO? That was something to mock.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us