Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baldinger thinks Sparano offense a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There are legitimate questions regarding Sparano and our offense as a whole.

People can jump for joy regarding Schitty getting canned all they want. Fact is, we hired an OC that doesn't really have any playcalling experience.

Not to mention that we still have one of the most inconsistent, turnover prone QB's in the league, Wayne Hunter is still starting at RT, no experienced WR on the roster outside of Holmes, and we have no idea how our backfield is going to shake out.

I don't see how anyone could be optimistic about this offense until they prove they can get it done on the field.
    +1, (I think he does have experience calling games but otherwise I'm with you,) there are never sure things in Jet land

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with being optimistic. It makes the moment I'm in better. Nothing wrong with that.

I also choose to believe that Sanchez will improve significantly this year. Sure, I might be wrong. But those unhappy souls who choose to believe that he'll continue to be an inconsistent turnover machine might be wrong, too.
    +1, nothing wrong with hoping things will turn out well

The only reason I like Sparano is that he is a pitt bull on the field. If you make a mistake, run a play wrong, run the wrong route he's going to chew your ass out. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Waterboy
    There is an old saying I learned in the military (USAF) "An army of sheep led by a lion will defeat an army of lions led by a sheep". Sparano is a lion. I thought the Dolphins were going in the tank last year and they did the opposite and I have respect for Sparano for that. Don't under estimate how that virtue carries down to play on the field. I feel I am in the minority here, but I think with the proper preparation, game planning, and attitude there IS enough talent on this offense to at least be above average. That would be all we need with the way the defense is shaping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Wrong and wrong.

Sparano did the game calling, and he brought his OL coach from Miami with him to the Jets.
    but the passing plays were designed by payton, Sparano made the calls. I never said he didnt. and ok one of the 8 dolphin offensive coaches went with him. sorry

but please dont tell me you rather have Sparono with one year of exp in calling plays over Payton.
    Last edited by patman; 08-04-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumrunner View Post
    There is an old saying I learned in the military (USAF) "An army of sheep led by a lion will defeat an army of lions led by a sheep". Sparano is a lion. I thought the Dolphins were going in the tank last year and they did the opposite and I have respect for Sparano for that. Don't under estimate how that virtue carries down to play on the field. I feel I am in the minority here, but I think with the proper preparation, game planning, and attitude there IS enough talent on this offense to at least be above average. That would be all we need with the way the defense is shaping up.
    I agree with your post!!

BTW, with a name like Rumrunner, I guess you are a fan of the Kennedys. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Dolphins started 0-7 in '11, 4-9 under Sparano when he got the boot.

They started 0-2 and 2-4, finishing 11-5 in '08.

Started 0-3 and 2-4, finishing 7-9 in '09.

Started 2-0 and 3-3, finishing 7-9 in '10.

His teams start out slow - from sucky to average - so Week One against Buffalo will be huge for us, followed by four tough games.

Actually, 7 of our first 8 will be challenging.

If we ride the storm to 4-4, our chances in the second half look pretty good.
    Yes I agree and I am glad the tougher games are early in the season. Sporano should be emphasizing ball control and stability on offense while minimizing turnovers and not worrying about the big plays. Let the D do their swarming and hitting and let ST's do their thing and the Jets might be able to stay in the thick of things at the mid point of the season.

I'll wait till the preseason games to pass judgement. Last year the offense was absolute garbage during the preseason which translated being absolute garbage during the regular season. Hopefully the ball is in the runningbacks hands more than Sanchez's this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dolphins started 0-7 in '11, 4-9 under Sparano when he got the boot.

They started 0-2 and 2-4, finishing 11-5 in '08.

Started 0-3 and 2-4, finishing 7-9 in '09.

Started 2-0 and 3-3, finishing 7-9 in '10.

His teams start out slow - from sucky to average - so Week One against Buffalo will be huge for us, followed by four tough games.

Actually, 7 of our first 8 will be challenging.

If we ride the storm to 4-4, our chances in the second half look pretty good.
    I don't see how Sparano's track record as a HC is directly related to our success with him as OC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't see how Sparano's track record as a HC is directly related to our success with him as OC.
    really? No correlation at all?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    but the passing plays were designed by payton, Sparano made the calls. I never said he didnt. and ok one of the 8 dolphin offensive coaches went with him. sorry

but please dont tell me you rather have Sparono with one year of exp in calling plays over Payton.
    A lot of misinformation in this thread.

Payton became HC of the Saints in 2006.

Todd Haley designed the passing game in Dallas in 2006.

But Sparano did the game-day play-calling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    really? No correlation at all?
    No I don't see how his record as a HC relates to our record with him as an OC. Eyeroll and all.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    1. He's the same Tony Sparano

2. It's all we have to go by since he's never been a full-fledged OC

3. He's still coaching half the team

4. I didn't draw any conclusions

Jets Insider VIP

take it easy on Jordy. With Sg3 banned...he's all upset and not thinking clearly..

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I agree with your post!!

BTW, with a name like Rumrunner, I guess you are a fan of the Kennedys. LOL
    Love them rumrunners, my favorite frozen drink

Veteran
    take it easy on Jordy. With Sg3 banned...he's all upset and not thinking clearly..
    Geez, I didn't know.

My heart goes out to him and his family during these trying times.

Geez, I didn't know.

My heart goes out to him and his family during these trying times.
    lol

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There are legitimate questions regarding Sparano and our offense as a whole.

People can jump for joy regarding Schitty getting canned all they want. Fact is, we hired an OC that doesn't really have any playcalling experience.

Not to mention that we still have one of the most inconsistent, turnover prone QB's in the league, Wayne Hunter is still starting at RT, no experienced WR on the roster outside of Holmes, and we have no idea how our backfield is going to shake out.

I don't see how anyone could be optimistic about this offense until they prove they can get it done on the field.
    When Penny went from us to Miami he significantly cut down on his turnovers. Hopefully the same happens for Sanchez under Sparano.

Jets Insider VIP
    When did you become an *******?

Jets Insider VIP

Yes you did.

You said "his teams" start out slowly and that we'd be lucky to start out 4-4.

This isn't "his team."

And a "team" is made up of 3 units.