Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 100

Thread: Jets' Aaron Maybin seeking more playing time and more success in second season

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I am so tired of all the REX WILL GET IT FROM HIM talk. like he did with Gholsten? Rex is barely a 500 coach with no REAL track record to substantiate above average personnel skills.

    There was basically a mutiny last year.......
    He did get 6 sacks out of him last year when he had none previous to that. Just sayin

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I am so tired of all the REX WILL GET IT FROM HIM talk. like he did with Gholsten? Rex is barely a 500 coach with no REAL track record to substantiate above average personnel skills.

    There was basically a mutiny last year.......
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read....could rex turn me into a pro-bowler? Gholston was a zero effort player, there is nothing you can do with someone like that, his physical skills were never doubted.

    Maybin is a high motor player, who rex found a way to use situationally and was successful with it.

    Also, rex is a .500 coach who started out with a rookie QB. Tom Coughlin was barely .500 over Eli's early years, guess he is just average too.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,859
    J

  4. #24
    As positive I have been on WR, RB, S, and OL, LB to me is our biggest weakness. I have no faith that any of these guys can get it done. I can only hope we find an answer at OLB soon. Sorry if I'm the downer on this one I just dont feel the hope here.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,008
    E

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,859
    T!

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    He did get 6 sacks out of him last year when he had none previous to that. Just sayin
    Yeah.....all REXs credit. Maybin only did it for REX.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yeah.....all REXs credit. Maybin only did it for REX.
    I agree with you. Rex is a great motivator and a Defensive genius. Maybin will double his sacks this year.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read....could rex turn me into a pro-bowler? Gholston was a zero effort player, there is nothing you can do with someone like that, his physical skills were never doubted.

    Maybin is a high motor player, who rex found a way to use situationally and was successful with it.

    Also, rex is a .500 coach who started out with a rookie QB. Tom Coughlin was barely .500 over Eli's early years, guess he is just average too.
    Outside of JETVILLE....Rex is not held in high regard. I like him, I think he is what his record says he is. A GOOD coach, who has been under prepared in 2 AFC champ games, never attended offensive meetings, has been shown up by Coughlin. Lost 3 games in a row to end the season.


    he appears to finally realize...STFU and coach.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I agree with you. Rex is a great motivator and a Defensive genius. Maybin will double his sacks this year.
    LMAO...that WAS sarcasm on my part. You do realize no?

    BTW....Maybin needs more beef than last year. I am a Maybin supporter.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,008
    S

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,008

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    LMAO...that WAS sarcasm on my part. You do realize no?

    BTW....Maybin needs more beef than last year. I am a Maybin supporter.
    Lol, no I didn't realize you were being sarcastic. But seriously, he did have 6 sacks when no one else could.

    Also, I live outside of jet land and Rex is very highly looked upon. His name came up a few hundred times around Pittsburgh when Cowher retired. And not having them prepared for 2 straight AFC championship games is a ridiculous statement. Complete underdogs in both games and made a great showing in both. Sorry to burst your bubble there dude

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,859
    Jets! Jets! Jets!

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Lol, no I didn't realize you were being sarcastic. But seriously, he did have 6 sacks when no one else could.

    Also, I live outside of jet land and Rex is very highly looked upon. His name came up a few hundred times around Pittsburgh when Cowher retired. And not having them prepared for 2 straight AFC championship games is a ridiculous statement. Complete underdogs in both games and made a great showing in both. Sorry to burst your bubble there dude
    His Team gave up 24 unanswered points ....in both games.

    The PITT example is not relevant. His. Name came up???? So??? Baltimore didn't give him the job. Most fans, other than JETS fans, thin he should simply STFU.

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,316
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    His Team gave up 24 unanswered points ....in both games.

    The PITT example is not relevant. His. Name came up???? So??? Baltimore didn't give him the job. Most fans, other than JETS fans, thin he should simply STFU.
    All due respect, but that doesn't have anything to do with Rexs ability to develop players.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    His Team gave up 24 unanswered points ....in both games.

    The PITT example is not relevant. His. Name came up???? So??? Baltimore didn't give him the job. Most fans, other than JETS fans, thin he should simply STFU.
    You are really missing the point brother. And it wasn't 24 unanswered points in both games. The Steelers gave up the unanswered points. If I recall correctly, the D held its own in the second half to get them in the game. It even included a safety. The second of the year. Just because he didn't get the job doesn't mean he isn't highly regarded. C'mon maaaaan! Of course other fans want him to STFU....... I want Ben worthlessburger and his never ending bull**** excuses to STFU too, but I'd have that F'er Quaterback my team any day.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    All due respect, but that doesn't have anything to do with Rexs ability to develop players.
    No but the conversation moved along and matured.

    Who has REX really developed? These players are the top 1 percent of 1 percent. Most are extremely motivated. Who was a mediocre player that REX developed?


    Please don't say Cromartie.....

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You are really missing the point brother. And it wasn't 24 unanswered points in both games. The Steelers gave up the unanswered points. If I recall correctly, the D held its own in the second half to get them in the game. It even included a safety. The second of the year. Just because he didn't get the job doesn't mean he isn't highly regarded. C'mon maaaaan! Of course other fans want him to STFU....... I want Ben worthlessburger and his never ending bull**** excuses to STFU too, but I'd have that F'er Quaterback my team any day.
    We were down 24 points in the PITT game and up by 10 to the Colts and lost by 17. he is the head coach.

    Whats the problem?.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,960
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I am so tired of all the REX WILL GET IT FROM HIM talk. like he did with Gholsten? Rex is barely a 500 coach with no REAL track record to substantiate above average personnel skills.

    There was basically a mutiny last year.......
    For a CPA you're not very good with numbers. I'd like you to show me Rex' numbers compared to any other head coach's 1st three year's numbers. Include playoffs please.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us