Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets' Aaron Maybin seeking more playing time and more success in second season

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We were down 24 points in the PITT game and up by 10 to the Colts and lost by 17. he is the head coach.

Whats the problem?.
    Obviously the players. Southpark, I
    Glad you see it my way. No shame in seeing it my way .

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    No but the conversation moved along and matured.

Who has REX really developed? These players are the top 1 percent of 1 percent. Most are extremely motivated. Who was a mediocre player that REX developed?

Please don't say Cromartie.....
    Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard, Mike Devito. Late round picks/UDFAs that he coached up to being quality starters

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    For a CPA you're not very good with numbers. I'd like you to show me Rex' numbers compared to any other head coach's 1st three year's numbers. Include playoffs please.
    In another thread, I stated he was probably in the top 1o of coaches. that's not the argument. He is 4 games over 500 in 3 years. OK..big deal. he is better than Dick Jueron and Todd Haley.

I am saying that I think he is over rated as a Personnel man and no one has provided any concrete example of him being a great personnel guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard, Mike Devito. Late round picks/UDFAs that he coached up to being quality starters
    Was Adalious Thomas his too?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No but the conversation moved along and matured.

Who has REX really developed? These players are the top 1 percent of 1 percent. Most are extremely motivated. Who was a mediocre player that REX developed?

Please don't say Cromartie.....
    Pouha, Scott, Devito, MTV . Rex' only been here three years. The rest of the players were already established, but he got a whole lot more out of them as a whole defense. You've either got to be kidding that Rex isn't in the argument for best defensive coach in football, or just ignorant.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so tired of all the REX WILL GET IT FROM HIM talk. like he did with Gholsten? Rex is barely a 500 coach with no REAL track record to substantiate above average personnel skills.

There was basically a mutiny last year.......

Mutiny? Give me a ****ing break...

Man some of you are drama queens

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In another thread, I stated he was probably in the top 1o of coaches. that's not the argument. He is 4 games over 500 in 3 years. OK..big deal. he is better than Dick Jueron and Todd Haley.

I am saying that I think he is over rated as a Personnel man and no one has provided any concrete example of him being a great personnel guy.
    You think he is overrated. What do you base this on? Can you provided concrete evidence that he is not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Bart Scott and Jim Leonard? these are good players, not great. Love DeVito.

Not sure we will ever know how much REX coached them up. They are professionals.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before Rex, when was the last time the jets were ranked #1 in defense?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Was Adalious Thomas his too?
    I think so. Kelly Gregg too, became a very good player with Rex.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You're a CPA? 28-20 reg season. 32-22 with playoffs. What an idiot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott and Thomas show that you don't need 1st round talent. He developed them both. They are above average players. And from what i heard, he was in the delivery room when revis was born

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think he is overrated. What do you base this on? Can you provided concrete evidence that he is not?
    This is a circle now. 24 unanswered points in 2 AFC games. We were under prepared, he never attended offensive meetings, he is barely able to articulate an idea with saying YOU KNOW, AND STUFF. My mother broke me of those habits in middle school.

he has more Pete Carroll in him than He does Parcells.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're a CPA? 28-20 reg season. 32-22 with playoffs. What an idiot.
    personal attack? Big man.

4 games go the other direction, we are 500 .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a circle now. 24 unanswered points in 2 AFC games. We were under prepared, he never attended offensive meetings, he is barely able to articulate an idea with saying YOU KNOW, AND STUFF. My mother broke me of those habits in middle school.

Really? That's your response? He got to 2 AFC championship games in his first two years. How many coaches have done that? Did Parcells? Not getting any smarter. Have you been drinking?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before Rex, when was the last time the jets were ranked #1 in defense?
    I like the guy. I simply see NO TRAITS, NONE whatsoever....of the traits of past SB winning coaches in REX.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    personal attack? Big man.

4 games go the other direction, we are 500 .
    It's not a personal attack if it's true If 4 games go the other way we won 2 super bowls. Whats your point?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? That's your response? He got to 2 AFC championship games in his first two years. How many coaches have done that? Did Parcells? Not getting any smarter. Have you been drinking?
    Great.... I enjoyed both games. Went home feeling REX was out coached in both.

The Bills fans I know aren't pounding their chests for their previous losses.

Why would we?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Articulate and unanswered points? Seriously? Mumbles up there in beantown can't put together a sentence if it was tattooed on his eyes lids and it hasn't stopped him from winning. Once again, he took an underdog team seconds and minutes away from a super bowl. I'm searching for a way to agree with your point, but can't find any. I'm not a CPA or anything, and college grad, but can't find your reasoning dude.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What the hell does Ryan's speech have to do with it Belichick can't even get out a coherent sentence every game.

What evidence do you have that the Jets were unprepared for both games? They didn't get outplayed in either game, they were in both games. Green and Jones getting hurt in 2009 was a brutal loss for the Jets offense, they lost the staple of their offensive attack on the same night, starter and back-up.

The Steeler game was due to offensive turnovers, hardly a game where they were outplayed. The Jets made it a game in the second half, and nearly came back and won the game, a very tough thing to do on the road, especially that year against Pitt, a very good team.

Your argument is trash.