Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: QB development takes 5 years, not 3 years - from Sirius NFL Radio

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    No. Regular season, and Superbowls. That is getting to the Superbowl. Winning it is not important. I guess their are a lot of Dave Winfield fans around here.

......The funny thing is if Sanchez had the career of Matt Ryan so far, showing his very good regular season #'s and then ******* the bed in 3 playoff performances i am very sure those Jet fans would be very supportive of Matty Ice.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    Thanks buddy, Congrats on losing to a NY team for the third time in the last 3 tries in the playoffs.....18-1 what a choke job that was....
    Wow, your a giant fan too. Giants vs Pats in your stadium for the sB again this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    No way did Sanchez take a step back last year. Schottenheimer ruined the late portion of last year.
    Dude, I'm one of Sanchez's biggest homer/apologists/fanboys on here and even I acknowledge he took a step back last year.

I, of course rationalize it because in my mind I believe it was entirely due to the play of the O-line

But seriously, many times in 2009 and 2010 he looked great. I can't honestly say that about 2011. The FIRST DAMN PLAY of the season set the tone, I think he was shell-shocked after Baltimore and at some point injured his shoulder all of which resulted in him being awful down the stretch.

Big turn-around this year.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Wow, your a giant fan too. Giants vs Pats in your stadium for the sB again this year.

LOL!...you are a very mean person...

My heart could not take that matchup again.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    For a QB in the NFL, especially the #5 overall pick, with 53 starts he should be considered a veteran, and not a development player.
    Agreed.

There is no Universal Scale for QB Development. Some take to it fast, some slow, some never do, some get partway, some get more, some get less. Every QB is different.

What arguments like this reek of is excuse making. Premptive excuse making in this case. The same old "well, he's only in Year X, and it takes Y years to be a great QB!"

Some fans simply prefer to never hold their favorite players accoutnable for their play. As if being honets about poor play makes one a bad fan.

With that said, pretty much the rest of your posts in this thread are the usual trollish foolishness and fan-baiting stupidity.
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-06-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

With that said, pretty much the rest of your posts in this thread are the usual trollish foolishness and fan-baiting stupidity.