Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 137 of 137

Thread: Curtis Martin's big day! Congrats!

  1. #121
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    UT you bring up a good point.. However in my case I judge my opinions on players I have seen since the Titans/Jets when I was 16 in 1960.. Hell I saw Jim Brown play at Manhasset HS when I was a kid.. Too many young fans think football started when they became a fan and only relate to the players in their time frame as a fan.. That is the problem some of us have..
    Exactly -I'll be "happy" for Martin when the kiddies who idolize him yet dump on Namath stop that behavior

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    completely unconcerned what people with nonexistent / indiscriminate taste think.
    .
    which I am guessing how Curtis Martin feels about you.

    This is where fans don't get it. Players seem to be able to grasp the relative importantace of football within their lives.

    Have no idea how you can slam a guy like Martin. 100% class.

    You don't play for 11 years (missing only 9 games) and run for 14,000 yards if you don't care.
    Last edited by FF2; 08-09-2012 at 12:10 AM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Green View Post
    Big congrats and respect for Curtis Martin!! One of the TRUE genuine NICE GUYS in sports! I was a huge fan of his when he started with the patsies after reading a story about him going under the radar to visit a sick kid with cancer. I then found out about his upbrining and family life.....a real gentlemen, humble, spiritual, respectful of the fans and game.....and a great RB for the JETS. A true role model. One of my all time favs.

    CUR-TIS MAR-TIN CUR-TIS MAR-TIN
    +100000 A truw warrior and classy, admirable guy.

    T.O. and others should follow his example and also keep your dignity and dollars into retirement.

    My favourite Martin #28. I had his jersey but a pesky nephew begged me for it.

  4. #124
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    which I am guessing how Curtis Martin feels about you.

    This is where fans don't get it. Players seem to be able to grasp the relative importantace of football within their lives.

    Have no idea how you can slam a guy like Martin. 100% class.

    You don't play for 11 years (missing only 9 games) and run for 14,000 yards if you don't care.
    Go away, I could care less what an indifferent gangbanger who maimed or stole from how many innocents (and Gd knows what else) thinks and even less of what a pissant troll thinks.

    Your teams not named Celtics (and trust me, I know far more about them than you) take decades to honor their truly great players so when a
    Steve Grogan caliber player makes the HoF - good not great - even if its a Jet - pardon me if I yawn.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Go away, I could care less what an indifferent gangbanger who maimed or stole from how many innocents (and Gd knows what else) thinks and even less of what a pissant troll thinks.
    WTF are you blabbing about now?

    Who maimed innocents?

    Cmart = Grogan?

    You are deranged

  6. #126
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    WTF are you blabbing about now?

    Who maimed innocents?

    Cmart = Grogan?

    You are deranged
    Go away chubsy-ubsy...take your Tully Banta-Cain blowup doll w/ you

    I'm sure you know all about the hard knock inner city life from Good Times and What's Happening!! reruns, seeing as you can't get a birds-eye view of Dorchester from Brookline...

    As for glorifying the near-great and also-rans that's the loser mindset of "give every kid who runs in the race a medal, even if they didn't actually run".

  7. #127
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Go away chubsy-ubsy...take your Tully Banta-Cain blowup doll w/ you

    I'm sure you know all about the hard knock inner city life from Good Times and What's Happening!! reruns, seeing as you can't get a birds-eye view of Dorchester from Brookline...

    As for glorifying the near-great and also-rans that's the loser mindset of "give every kid who runs in the race a medal, even if they didn't actually run".
    You're a piece of work, I must say. So much hostility and all directed toward Curtis Martin, of all people. You perseverated on the first part of his speech and willfully ignored the rest because it didn't feed your role as Mr. Contempt. I'd be the first to say the Curtis Martin isn't Jim Brown or Walter Payton, but he certainly stacks up perfectly well to the Jerome Bettis's, John Riggins' and Franco Harris's of the world. No travesty was done here. None.

  8. #128
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Congrats, Curtis

    Wow, this thread took a weird turn. There are just bitter fans out there, I guess.

  9. #129
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Congrats, Curtis

    Wow, this thread took a weird turn. There are just bitter fans out there, I guess.
    Anyone who listened to his speech could not possibly come away with the view that Curtis was somehow dogging it because he was indifferent to football. He stated the exact opposite. He played with genuine commitment and with a higher purpose in mind. Isn't that actually more impressive than the guy who grunts through football because he's good at it and can't think of anything else he can do?

  10. #130
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Go away, I could care less what an indifferent gangbanger who maimed or stole from how many innocents (and Gd knows what else) thinks and even less of what a pissant troll thinks.

    Your teams not named Celtics (and trust me, I know far more about them than you) take decades to honor their truly great players so when a
    Steve Grogan caliber player makes the HoF - good not great - even if its a Jet - pardon me if I yawn.
    LOL

    Settle down there, cupcake.

    You need to get laid.

  11. #131
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    Settle down there, cupcake.

    You need to get laid.
    It seems he is, just not by choice.

  12. #132
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You're a piece of work, I must say. So much hostility and all directed toward Curtis Martin, of all people. You perseverated on the first part of his speech and willfully ignored the rest because it didn't feed your role as Mr. Contempt. I'd be the first to say the Curtis Martin isn't Jim Brown or Walter Payton, but he certainly stacks up perfectly well to the Jerome Bettis's, John Riggins' and Franco Harris's of the world. No travesty was done here. None.
    Not bitter, I saw a SB win so I don't have a complex like 1/2 the folks here have,
    no hostility, just personal indifference, when a really great Jet is up for induction, I'll let you know!
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 08-09-2012 at 04:28 PM.

  13. #133
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    Settle down there, cupcake.

    You need to get laid.
    Alright, I'll try anything to get the PCM
    (Pro-Curtis-Militia) off my tip at this point.

    Text me your mom's digits.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Text me your mom's digits.
    Classy as always.

  15. #135
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Alright, I'll try anything to get the PCM
    (Pro-Curtis-Militia) off my tip at this point.

    Text me your mom's digits.
    Nice try. Being a jerk and then being a bigger jerk about being called on it doesn't get you out of the woods. But I get it. You're an internet tough guy and you really don't care what we think....

  16. #136
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Classy as always.
    Yeah, just as classy as he/shes calling me "cupcake" and suggesting I need to "get laid" because I don't care for the selfish Compiler.

    If I throw a stick, will you leave me alone?

  17. #137
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Nice try. Being a jerk and then being a bigger jerk about being called on it doesn't get you out of the woods. But I get it. You're an internet tough guy and you really don't care what we think....
    Jerk for what? Because I'm in a minority of Jets fans that don't drink from an overrated players bathwater?

    I doubt I could approach your level of jerkdom, maybe I'll give it a shot!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us