Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Curtis Martin's big day! Congrats!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    UT you bring up a good point.. However in my case I judge my opinions on players I have seen since the Titans/Jets when I was 16 in 1960.. Hell I saw Jim Brown play at Manhasset HS when I was a kid.. Too many young fans think football started when they became a fan and only relate to the players in their time frame as a fan.. That is the problem some of us have..
    Exactly -I'll be "happy" for Martin when the kiddies who idolize him yet dump on Namath stop that behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    completely unconcerned what people with nonexistent / indiscriminate taste think.
    which I am guessing how Curtis Martin feels about you.

This is where fans don't get it. Players seem to be able to grasp the relative importantace of football within their lives.

Have no idea how you can slam a guy like Martin. 100% class.

You don't play for 11 years (missing only 9 games) and run for 14,000 yards if you don't care.
    Last edited by FF2; 08-09-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Green View Post
    Big congrats and respect for Curtis Martin!! One of the TRUE genuine NICE GUYS in sports! I was a huge fan of his when he started with the patsies after reading a story about him going under the radar to visit a sick kid with cancer. I then found out about his upbrining and family life.....a real gentlemen, humble, spiritual, respectful of the fans and game.....and a great RB for the JETS. A true role model. One of my all time favs.

CUR-TIS MAR-TIN CUR-TIS MAR-TIN
    +100000 A truw warrior and classy, admirable guy.

T.O. and others should follow his example and also keep your dignity and dollars into retirement.

My favourite Martin #28. I had his jersey but a pesky nephew begged me for it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    which I am guessing how Curtis Martin feels about you.

This is where fans don't get it. Players seem to be able to grasp the relative importantace of football within their lives.

Have no idea how you can slam a guy like Martin. 100% class.

You don't play for 11 years (missing only 9 games) and run for 14,000 yards if you don't care.
    Go away, I could care less what an indifferent gangbanger who maimed or stole from how many innocents (and Gd knows what else) thinks and even less of what a pissant troll thinks.

Your teams not named Celtics (and trust me, I know far more about them than you) take decades to honor their truly great players so when a
    Steve Grogan caliber player makes the HoF - good not great - even if its a Jet - pardon me if I yawn.

Go away, I could care less what an indifferent gangbanger who maimed or stole from how many innocents (and Gd knows what else) thinks and even less of what a pissant troll thinks.
    WTF are you blabbing about now?

Who maimed innocents?

Cmart = Grogan?

You are deranged

All Pro
    WTF are you blabbing about now?

Who maimed innocents?

Cmart = Grogan?

You are deranged
    Go away chubsy-ubsy...take your Tully Banta-Cain blowup doll w/ you

I'm sure you know all about the hard knock inner city life from Good Times and What's Happening!! reruns, seeing as you can't get a birds-eye view of Dorchester from Brookline...

As for glorifying the near-great and also-rans that's the loser mindset of "give every kid who runs in the race a medal, even if they didn't actually run".

All Pro
    Go away chubsy-ubsy...take your Tully Banta-Cain blowup doll w/ you

I'm sure you know all about the hard knock inner city life from Good Times and What's Happening!! reruns, seeing as you can't get a birds-eye view of Dorchester from Brookline...

As for glorifying the near-great and also-rans that's the loser mindset of "give every kid who runs in the race a medal, even if they didn't actually run".
    You're a piece of work, I must say. So much hostility and all directed toward Curtis Martin, of all people. You perseverated on the first part of his speech and willfully ignored the rest because it didn't feed your role as Mr. Contempt. I'd be the first to say the Curtis Martin isn't Jim Brown or Walter Payton, but he certainly stacks up perfectly well to the Jerome Bettis's, John Riggins' and Franco Harris's of the world. No travesty was done here. None.

Jets Insider VIP
    Congrats, Curtis

Wow, this thread took a weird turn. There are just bitter fans out there, I guess.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Congrats, Curtis

Wow, this thread took a weird turn. There are just bitter fans out there, I guess.
    Anyone who listened to his speech could not possibly come away with the view that Curtis was somehow dogging it because he was indifferent to football. He stated the exact opposite. He played with genuine commitment and with a higher purpose in mind. Isn't that actually more impressive than the guy who grunts through football because he's good at it and can't think of anything else he can do?

Jets Insider VIP

Your teams not named Celtics (and trust me, I know far more about them than you) take decades to honor their truly great players so when a
    Steve Grogan caliber player makes the HoF - good not great - even if its a Jet - pardon me if I yawn.
    LOL

Settle down there, cupcake.

You need to get laid.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

You need to get laid.
    It seems he is, just not by choice.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You're a piece of work, I must say. So much hostility and all directed toward Curtis Martin, of all people. You perseverated on the first part of his speech and willfully ignored the rest because it didn't feed your role as Mr. Contempt. I'd be the first to say the Curtis Martin isn't Jim Brown or Walter Payton, but he certainly stacks up perfectly well to the Jerome Bettis's, John Riggins' and Franco Harris's of the world. No travesty was done here. None.
    Not bitter, I saw a SB win so I don't have a complex like 1/2 the folks here have,
    no hostility, just personal indifference, when a really great Jet is up for induction, I'll let you know!
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 08-09-2012 at 04:28 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

You need to get laid.
    Alright, I'll try anything to get the PCM
    (Pro-Curtis-Militia) off my tip at this point.

Text me your mom's digits.

Classy as always.

All Pro
    Alright, I'll try anything to get the PCM
    (Pro-Curtis-Militia) off my tip at this point.

Nice try. Being a jerk and then being a bigger jerk about being called on it doesn't get you out of the woods. But I get it. You're an internet tough guy and you really don't care what we think....

All Pro
    Classy as always.
    Yeah, just as classy as he/shes calling me "cupcake" and suggesting I need to "get laid" because I don't care for the selfish Compiler.

If I throw a stick, will you leave me alone?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Nice try. Being a jerk and then being a bigger jerk about being called on it doesn't get you out of the woods. But I get it. You're an internet tough guy and you really don't care what we think....
    Jerk for what? Because I'm in a minority of Jets fans that don't drink from an overrated players bathwater?

I doubt I could approach your level of jerkdom, maybe I'll give it a shot!