Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 526

Thread: he Official Green-White scrimmage thread

  1. #481
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    See if you can wrap your little head around the fact that it's entirely possible to follow a player, and to SUPPORT THE TEAM that he is on.
    Sure. It's possible.

    It's also possible a bunch of REAL Jets fans are going to give you sh*t about it.

  2. #482
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    LOL.

    Hint: Hypocrisy Queen Jordeen is a wifflehead.

    She can't read or follow basic steps of logic.

    Her skull is an echo chamber and her favorite hobby is to call names and criticize others who do it back.
    Speaking of underwear schween.

  3. #483
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread...


  4. #484
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Sure. It's possible.

    It's also possible a bunch of REAL Jets fans are going to give you sh*t about it.
    I don't think I'd give somebody crap just for that reason alone. My mom became a jets fan for a little while because she had a crush on Brett favre. It's kind of cute

  5. #485
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking more like.....


  6. #486
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I don't think I'd give somebody crap just for that reason alone. My mom became a jets fan for a little while because she had a crush on Brett favre. It's kind of cute
    Are you saying Demothenes has a crush on Timmy?

  7. #487
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So to be clear, you would not be a Jet fan if not for Tebow? Last year you were a Bronco fan? Next year you will be a Jag fan? Forgive us for not rolling out the red carpet for you and embracing you as one of our own.

    As far as the players go, they are mercenaries, hired guns they have no allegiance to a team, they are strictly business. You can not compare a player to a fan in their passion for a team.
    To be clear, I have been a follower of NCAA football for 35+ years and have my favorite teams that I am a fan of. Believe it or not, Florida isn't one of them.

    I've been more than a casual watcher of NFL football for years. Watch games on Sunday/Monday, then forget about them til the next weekend.

    That changed with Tebow. I'm a fan of whatever team that he is on, and I want that team to do well. If that means that Tebow replaces the starter, so be it. If that means that Tebow takes on a WildCat role, so be it. If that means that Tebow sits on the bench and develops for another year, so be it.

    In this past, I've likened my coming to be a Jets fan to someone marrying into a family and being an in-law. At first, your just there because of your spouse. Over time, you start to develop relationships with other members of the family and the longer you are married, the more those relationships grow.

    What can I say ? I'm a team first kind of guy. Click on the link to my other posts and go back through and read some of them YES, I will adamantly defend Tebow, being that he is still a young QB and developing. BUT, I have also stated that Sanchez is a better QB/Passer and that he should be the starter. If you look deeper into some of my posts, you'll see that I'm extremely team oriented, as evidenced by my disdain for players running their mouths to the press and causing friction in the locker room (Holmes and Cromartie).

  8. #488
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know we've been trying to avoid it, but I think we need a Tebow sub-forum.








    Also, if all you're doing is changing allegiances from year to year to follow a certain player, you're not a "real" fan of the team they are playing for at the moment.

    If we traded Tebow tomorrow, you'd be gone. The rest of us are in it (and have been in it) for the long haul. In someone like Jordy's case, a very long haul. Don't try to pretend like you're one of us. I love Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson. I don't give a **** about the Cardinals or Vikings.

  9. #489
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I know we've been trying to avoid it, but I think we need a Tebow sub-forum.








    Also, if all you're doing is changing allegiances from year to year to follow a certain player, you're not a "real" fan of the team they are playing for at the moment.

    If we traded Tebow tomorrow, you'd be gone. The rest of us are in it (and have been in it) for the long haul. In someone like Jordy's case, a very long haul. Don't try to pretend like you're one of us. I love Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson. I don't give a **** about the Cardinals or Vikings.
    In my view, it's a question of how long he is here for. yeah, if he got traded away tomorrow, I'd be gone. If he's here for 5 years, it's a different story.

    That said, while he is here, sure, I want him to do well, but I want the Jets to do well also, and that's what is important in my book.

    Again, you don't see me calling for him to start, now do you ?? You don't see me *****ing that he should be getting first team snaps in TC, now do you ?

    Nope. About the only thing I do, Tebow wise, is defend the guy when people start spouting a bunch of bull**** about him.

  10. #490
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    In my view, it's a question of how long he is here for. yeah, if he got traded away tomorrow, I'd be gone. If he's here for 5 years, it's a different story.

    That said, while he is here, sure, I want him to do well, but I want the Jets to do well also, and that's what is important in my book.

    Again, you don't see me calling for him to start, now do you ?? You don't see me *****ing that he should be getting first team snaps in TC, now do you ?

    Nope. About the only thing I do, Tebow wise, is defend the guy when people start spouting a bunch of bull**** about him.
    Waitaminute.




    You weren't a Jets fan until Tebow came here?



    And myself and other Jets fans are even lending credence to what you have to say?




  11. #491
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    1,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    In my view, it's a question of how long he is here for. yeah, if he got traded away tomorrow, I'd be gone. If he's here for 5 years, it's a different story.

    That said, while he is here, sure, I want him to do well, but I want the Jets to do well also, and that's what is important in my book.

    Again, you don't see me calling for him to start, now do you ?? You don't see me *****ing that he should be getting first team snaps in TC, now do you ?

    Nope. About the only thing I do, Tebow wise, is defend the guy when people start spouting a bunch of bull**** about him.
    kudos to you for the honesty

    But wow man

    Maybe you think Tebow can be a good NFL QB because youve never taken the time to appreciate a real NFL QB.

    Great leader and team mate, best college player ever, best option QB ever, but very well could be the worst passer in the history of the sport and i wish i was reaching with that statement. His game simply doesnt translate well to the NFL

  12. #492
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    ...if he got traded away tomorrow, I'd be gone.
    Let Us Pray...





  13. #493
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Waitaminute.




    You weren't a Jets fan until Tebow came here?



    And myself and other Jets fans are even lending credence to what you have to say?





    What's the issue ? New fans come to teams in all sorts of ways. Someone might move to NY and become a fan of their "hometown" team. Somone else might marry into a "Jets" family, and become a fan.

    I'd wager that there are quite a few Jets fans out there who came to be fans because of Joe Namath, Curtis Martin, or Wayne Chrebet.

    To me, it's not a question of how one got here.

  14. #494
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Are you saying Demothenes has a crush on Timmy?
    I think it's kind of cute. I'm pretty sure he's got a shot. I gotta tell ya the more I hear Tebow, the more I'm not surprised he hasn't been with a woman.

  15. #495
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What's the issue ? New fans come to teams in all sorts of ways. Someone might move to NY and become a fan of their "hometown" team. Somone else might marry into a "Jets" family, and become a fan.

    I'd wager that there are quite a few Jets fans out there who came to be fans because of Joe Namath, Curtis Martin, or Wayne Chrebet.

    To me, it's not a question of how one got here.
    If you're 9 years old then no problem.

  16. #496
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    kudos to you for the honesty

    But wow man

    Maybe you think Tebow can be a good NFL QB because youve never taken the time to appreciate a real NFL QB.

    Great leader and team mate, best college player ever, best option QB ever, but very well could be the worst passer in the history of the sport and i wish i was reaching with that statement. His game simply doesnt translate well to the NFL
    Oh, I've appreciated "real" NFL QBs; Staubach Bradshaw, Montana, Young, Elway, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, etcetera.

    And I readily agree that Tebow is nowhere in that category at present, and as a passer, probably never will be. Well, except for maybe Bradshaw

    I'm one of those guys who thinks that Tebow is a throw back of sorts, but also that he's one of the transformational guys. I think we'll be seeing more and more "dual threat" QBs in the years ahead, and that teams will start adopting the Option once again. Hell, they're talking about running option plays in Washington under Mike Shanahan. Go figure

  17. #497
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    1,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What's the issue ? New fans come to teams in all sorts of ways. Someone might move to NY and become a fan of their "hometown" team. Somone else might marry into a "Jets" family, and become a fan.

    I'd wager that there are quite a few Jets fans out there who came to be fans because of Joe Namath, Curtis Martin, or Wayne Chrebet.

    To me, it's not a question of how one got here.
    But your not a Jets fan your a Tebow fan.

    Namath, Chrebet, and Martin are fan favorites because they made their names and legacies with this team after years and years of playing for the team.

    People that pick teams because a player arent fans, theyre people who have a man crush on a certain player and follow them with undying love.

    Im a HUGE Revis fan, but if he left the team im rooting for the guy who takes his spot next year over him.

    Its the name on the front of the jersey that matters, not the back

  18. #498
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    But your not a Jets fan your a Tebow fan.

    Namath, Chrebet, and Martin are fan favorites because they made their names and legacies with this team after years and years of playing for the team.

    People that pick teams because a player arent fans, theyre people who have a man crush on a certain player and follow them with undying love.

    Im a HUGE Revis fan, but if he left the team im rooting for the guy who takes his spot next year over him.

    Its the name on the front of the jersey that matters, not the back

    What you are getting at is merely a question of degree. Tell me, do you get half naked, paint your body green and white and wear some kind of wig on your head in the stands on game day ?

    If not, are you less of a fan than someone who does ?

    Are the only colors in your house green and white ? Have you converted the entire residence into a Jets shrine ?

    If not, are you less of a fan than someone who has ?

    I fully understand that it's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. That's why I believe that Rex should do what's best for the Jets, even if that means Tebow doesn't play a single down, but rather, rides the pine and continues to develop.

    Do I want him to get into games ? Sure. But not at the expense of the team. he should only hit the field if the coaches think that it will be to the team's benefit.

  19. #499
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I don't think I'd give somebody crap just for that reason alone. My mom became a jets fan for a little while because she had a crush on Brett favre. It's kind of cute
    She's a woman, is Demo?

  20. #500
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    But your not a Jets fan your a Tebow fan.

    Namath, Chrebet, and Martin are fan favorites because they made their names and legacies with this team after years and years of playing for the team.

    People that pick teams because a player arent fans, theyre people who have a man crush on a certain player and follow them with undying love.

    Im a HUGE Revis fan, but if he left the team im rooting for the guy who takes his spot next year over him.

    Its the name on the front of the jersey that matters, not the back


    Also, you missed the point, which was that all Jets" fans had to start somewhere, and that some "long time fans", might have initially become fans because of Namath, or Martin, or Chrebet.

    Seriously, you can't think of a single person who became a Jet fan because they liked Chrebet ? That they came to the Jets through him ? Or through Namath ?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us