Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: he Official Green-White scrimmage thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    I know many Jets fans who became fans because of those people but they stayed Jets fans after theyve come and gone, unlike you who is only a Tebow fan and said would leave if he left.
    The guys I named were here more than 1 year, which probably allowed the people you are thinking of to develop a deeper relationship with the team.

I believe that is what I said early with regards to myself. How I likened it to becoming an in-law.

Seriously, think about it. A person marries into a family. If they get divorced the next year, they probably haven't gotten real close to the spouse's family, so it's pretty much a clean cut, see you later.

However, as the marriage goes through the years, the ties get deeper and the relationships get stronger. It might get to the point where even if there is a divorce, the person would still have a strong relationship with other members of the family.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Sure thing. It's from the "Player Season Finder" over at Pro Football Reference.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...psl_finder.cgi

Very useful tool with lots of different advanced search features.
    Thanks, I just took a look at it. According to your source there have been 1,152 QB's in any one season since the beginning of football to start at least 11 games in that season. Out of those 1,152 QB's 1084 of them have had a better completion % in that season then 46.5% which is what Tebow had last year. Only 68 of them were worse. Which means 99.6% of all QB's in NFL history who played at least 11 games in any one season had a better completion % then Tebow had in his 11 games last year.

Out of the 68 that were worse, only 11 happened after the merger. And only 2 in the last 25 years (Mark Malone '87, Akili Smith 2000)

So again, I stand by my comment that Tebow had one of the worst Completion %'s in NFL history last year. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Thanks, I just took a look at it. According to your source there have been 1,152 QB's in any one season since the beginning of football to start at least 11 games in that season. Out of those 1,152 QB's 1084 of them have had a better completion % in that season then 46.5% which is what Tebow had last year. Only 68 of them were worse. Which means 99.6% of all QB's in NFL history who played at least 11 games in any one season had a better completion % then Tebow had in his 11 games last year.

Out of the 68 that were worse, only 11 happened after the merger. And only 2 in the last 25 years (Mark Malone '87, Akili Smith 2000)

So again, I stand by my comment that Tebow had one of the worst Completion %'s in NFL history last year. Thanks for your help.
    Lol, whatever

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Lol, whatever

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I know we've been trying to avoid it, but I think we need a Tebow sub-forum.

Also, if all you're doing is changing allegiances from year to year to follow a certain player, you're not a "real" fan of the team they are playing for at the moment.

If we traded Tebow tomorrow, you'd be gone. The rest of us are in it (and have been in it) for the long haul. In someone like Jordy's case, a very long haul. Don't try to pretend like you're one of us. I love Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson. I don't give a **** about the Cardinals or Vikings.
    Racist.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post

BOOM goes the dynamite.

/end thread