Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots announce G Robert Gallery retires

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats will be fine once again. Every year they always say the Pats have problems on the o line and they find some shmo that picks up the slack. That's what they do.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to admit it, but the Pats aways come out of these situations with some kind of fix that keeps them rolling right along. Really pisses me off too!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Gallery is a bust. He was supposed to be a guy that comes in and dominates And makes the Pro Bowl 15 straight years. Meanwhile he didnt do it once. He was not awful but he wasnt good either. And if you pick a guard that high and he doesn't turn into a perennial Pro Bowler its a bust.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Your an idiot if you call a 10 year starter a bust. If every first round pick can play and start for you for that long its a successful pick.

Bryan Thomas is a similar player, not what we were expecting but played well and under appriciated for 10 years.

Tim Tebow = bust. Worthless POS RB that is still trying to play QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFlyingHigh View Post
    Which means he sucks...

You must be a really big fan of Sparano.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Mangold is a very huge up grade over Koppen
    2010 Dbrick over Solder- 2011 Dbrick=Solder
    Mankins huge over Slausen
    Waters huge over Moore
    Vollmer huge over Hunter

Reserves= Cannon, Connolly and Thomas over Vlad and what ever Rex chooses
    Connolly is head and shoulders above Koppen at C, so he would be the starter in this scenario. Mangold is still a huge upgrade.

IMO You are also overrating Dbrick, underrating Solder and WAY underrating Moore.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    True. Could be famous last words, but the Pats have plenty of OL depth and the coaching to survive even the retirement of Gallery (who was getting rag-dolled in practice supposedly and was looking like a potential cut) and the long-term losses of Mankins, Vollmer and Waters.

Btw, this thread just confirms how ridiculous the bellyaching was from Pats fans and the media when Solder was drafted last year. Thank goodness they didn't draft Ingram or Jordan like so many had hoped.
    The Patriots' offensive line isn't about the personnel. That helps, but the coaching is flawless. One of the most underrated parts of the Patriots' success, IMO. The o-line coaching over the last decade is HOF worthy, IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The Patriots' offensive line isn't about the personnel. That helps, but the coaching is flawless. One of the most underrated parts of the Patriots' success, IMO. The o-line coaching over the last decade is HOF worthy, IMO.
    I bumped into Dante Scarnecchia in an airport in the early 90's. I chatted with him for a bit and told him what a great coach I thought he was. What I really wanted to tell him was that he was the ONLY good coach in that ridiculous Dick MacPherson-led clown show.

20 years and 3 coaching staffs later and he's still there. Unusual that an assistant coach would survive that much turnover, which speaks volumes about how highly-regarded he is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bumped into Dante Scarnecchia in an airport in the early 90's. I chatted with him for a bit and told him what a great coach I thought he was. What I really wanted to tell him was that he was the ONLY good coach in that ridiculous Dick MacPherson-led clown show.

20 years and 3 coaching staffs later and he's still there. Unusual that an assistant coach would survive that much turnover, which speaks volumes about how highly-regarded he is.
    Extremely underrated, IMO, and overlooked completely. He must love his life in NE not to seek movement up the coaching ladder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Connolly is head and shoulders above Koppen at C, so he would be the starter in this scenario. Mangold is still a huge upgrade.

IMO You are also overrating Dbrick, underrating Solder and WAY underrating Moore.
    Yeah, based on camp this year it is Connolly at center. and yes Mangold is still much better.

Moore is very good, but Waters was incredible last year making the probowl for the 6th time in 10 years. While not the gap of mangold vs connolly, there is a big gap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do I do with my Gallery jersey ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dante is the best OLine coach in the NFL.

Amazing what he has done over the years with a bunch of JAGs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What do I do with my Gallery jersey ?
    Hang it next to your Addai jersey.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of veteran players this summer who have just decided to hang it up in their prime. You seem to hear about 2 to three players each week deciding to walk away from the game. It could be a number of things but I think that quality of life has become a factor now in the mindset of many players. Players are either not reporting to camp or quitting in the middle of it.

Gallery turned out to be an ok player in the league. Better guard than tackle. He is going to get some Tony Mandarich comparisons because Mandarich came back to be a decent starter later in his career just like Gallery. Gallery was better though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    There are a lot of veteran players this summer who have just decided to hang it up in their prime. You seem to hear about 2 to three players each week deciding to walk away from the game. It could be a number of things but I think that quality of life has become a factor now in the mindset of many players. Players are either not reporting to camp or quitting in the middle of it.

Gallery turned out to be an ok player in the league. Better guard than tackle. He is going to get some Tony Mandarich comparisons because Mandarich came back to be a decent starter later in his career just like Gallery. Gallery was better though.
    They make so much money now that if they are smart about it they are set for life. No need to put your body thought that if your heart isn't into it and you don't need the money.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree that Dante is probably the best OL coach in the NFL...if not, he's darn close to being the best.

It's called synergy when the whole is more than the sum of it's parts. Scar makes that whole OL work together like a swiss watch.

Pats will be ok protecting Brady...it's their DB's that scare me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Agree that Dante is probably the best OL coach in the NFL...if not, he's darn close to being the best.

It's called synergy when the whole is more than the sum of it's parts. Scar makes that whole OL work together like a swiss watch.

Pats will be ok protecting Brady...it's their DEFENSE that scare me
    Fixed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that kid Cannon is going to be a stud at G anyway. That draft from 2 years ago is going to start paying off for NE. Yeah they will still struggle on OL because they have lost great talent overall but it still doesn't look bad.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Fixed
    Hightower is going to be a stud, IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the bedroom, perhaps. No more likely than usual to happen on the field, IMO. Worst case scenario is a starting 5 of Solder, Thomas, Koppen, Connolly and Cannon, which is not bad at all. And if they get any meaningful contributions out of Waters, Mankins and Vollmer, so much the better.
    Yeah I'll bet he likes getting slapped around in the bedroom, gronked in the shower etc.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hightower is going to be a stud, IMO.
    Disagree. Serviceable though.