Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Patriots announce G Robert Gallery retires

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Hunter took over as starter when Damien Woody went down during 2010 season and played a mistake, free solid RT thru the end of the season and the playoffs. Last year we wasn't the same, I'm banking on it being that there was no off season conditioning and a shortened TC. This year I think(mainly hope) he'll be back to a solid RT. It wouldn't be a shock if he does return to form. Just sayin
    I agree that he was very solid for the most part, but lets not say he was mistake free. He tipped the play to Lamar Woodley allowing Woodley to anticipate the slant and knock it down during the 4th Qtr of the playoffs.

Sure I'm nitpicking and calling out one play, but I'm still a little irked at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I agree that he was very solid for the most part, but lets not say he was mistake free. He tipped the play to Lamar Woodley allowing Woodley to anticipate the slant and knock it down during the 4th Qtr of the playoffs.

Sure I'm nitpicking and calling out one play, but I'm still a little irked at that one.
    I agree I meant mostly mistake free...and I'm thinking he did alot of layin around during the spring and summer last year and never really got it together, this year hopefully he has been working out harder...

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

But right now, the Pats are looking super thin up front. Mankins and Vollmer are both on Active PUP. Waters is in psuedo retirement. Gallery retired. Another depth guy richards is IR'ed with a concussion. Even if everyone is back by week 1, will they be in football shape? will they be cohesive? it's kind of a mess over there. The Jets problems i.e. Hunter pales in comparison to the Pats situation.
    Recent experience with Mankins and Waters says, absolutely, 100%, yes. The concern is that they don't come back at all, not that they do come back and then have trouble getting up to speed.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I agree I meant mostly mistake free...and I'm thinking he did alot of layin around during the spring and summer last year and never really got it together, this year hopefully he has been working out harder...
    I would say that he lost his confidence. Not everyone can handle being #1. Then to begin his career as a starter against Ware. It was all downhill after that. People were mad that he didn't get upset. He was smiling after he screwed up, but that was because he was beaten inside. He needed to get mad and insulted. instead he just smiled, and shook his head. You don't get mad when you expect to get beaten. It's all attitude on the oline. Lets hope they had some physiologists working on him this off season. Maybe Sporano's style is better for him. He has the talent. Too bad they don't use amphetamines anymore.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I would say that he lost his confidence. Not everyone can handle being #1. Then to begin his career as a starter against Ware. It was all downhill after that. People were mad that he didn't get upset. He was smiling after he screwed up, but that was because he was beaten inside. He needed to get mad and insulted. instead he just smiled, and shook his head. You don't get mad when you expect to get beaten. It's all attitude on the oline. Lets hope they had some physiologists working on him this off season. Maybe Sporano's style is better for him. He has the talent. Too bad they don't use amphetamines anymore.
    That's lousy psychology.

A person only smiles when they're happy?

You've never seen a livid person smile out of disbelief or disapproval?

Maybe it was a "Damn it, sonnofab!tch!" kind of smile, no?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    That's lousy psychology.

A person only smiles when they're happy?

You've never seen a livid person smile out of disbelief or disapproval?

Maybe it was a "Damn it, sonnofab!tch!" kind of smile, no?
    +1

He's obviously never seen SG3 at a funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Recent experience with Mankins and Waters says, absolutely, 100%, yes. The concern is that they don't come back at all, not that they do come back and then have trouble getting up to speed.
    I can understand why Waters is not a concern. He showed up last year with no camp and played great.

Mankins however is coming off of surgery. So is Vollmer. If a couple weeks go by and they still aren't practicing, their availability for week 1 has to be in question.

and in a more general comment this isn't Waters coming into a settled situation where 4 out of 5 guys are the same and he just shows up. Right now the only guy playing where he will be playing week 1 is Solder. Maybe Koppen if he can hold off Connolly (who is now playing guard for Waters).

Long story short the 2012 Pats OL is a mess and if I were a Pats fan, i'd be concerned. Even tho Dante S is the man, there's a ton of uncertainty right now.

Rookie
    BB has 4 weeks to sort it out and get healthy bodies on the OL.

I'll be concerned about the 3rd game of preseason. Until then, I'll let the boss handle it and not worry.

Not many teams could excel after losing their starting center for the season in game 1 and their backup the week after. That's why I'm not worried that Bill and Dante will figure it out.

All League
    Brady under serious pressure tonite