Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Total Recall *****es!

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115

    Total Recall *****es!

    Pretty pumped, not expecting it to outdo Arnold, but Colin Farrell has been very good over the last few years.

    And Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel.

    Nothing wrong with that.

    _

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Pretty pumped, not expecting it to outdo Arnold, but Colin Farrell has been very good over the last few years.

    And Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel.

    Nothing wrong with that.

    _
    Sign me up, loved the book. The first movie was good but with today's special effects it could be amazing

  3. #3

  4. #4
    I saw it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I saw it.
    Good or bad?

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I saw it.
    Sweet review bro.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Sweet review bro.
    He saw with that one wide eye, lol

  8. #8
    Just saw it...the sopne and his friend liked it alot....I was ok with it, but still liked the first one better....even though the first one was a bit more campy.

    Spec effects in this one was top notch, and the story enough of a departure from the first to make it not just a re-hash.

    Enjoy!

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,194
    More faithful to the source material but Arnold sh*ts on Colin Ferrell.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    More faithful to the source material but Arnold sh*ts on Colin Ferrell.
    +100000000000000000000000

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Liked it a lot, concur that it's not as good as the first, but a darker version with a Blade Runner type setting and feel.

    I liked Farrell as Hauser--not nearly as good as Arnold but no camp involved so I think he was a worthy choice and did a good job.

    Kate Beckinscale crushed Sharon Stone, though.

    And I like Bryan Cranston (Breaking bad), but he wasn't a great Cohaagen.

    Decent remake, a different movie from the original.

    _

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Just saw it...the sopne and his friend liked it alot....I was ok with it, but still liked the first one better....even though the first one was a bit more campy.

    Spec effects in this one was top notch, and the story enough of a departure from the first to make it not just a re-hash.
    Enjoy!

    +1.

    _

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Saw some interesting trailers:

    Sky Fall--can't wait

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgr2syY_OU4

    Argo (I know folks here hate Ben Affleck, but IMHO he's a great director and in some movies, I've liked him in the part he's played)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3WfSFgrVY

    Django Unchained (Tarantino hasn't done anything worthy other than Inglorious Basterds since the early 90's, love Christoper Walz, Jamie Foxx and Leo)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow

    Also saw a trailer for the Red Dawn remake. I've never seen the original so I don't know what to compare it to (although the GF loved it). Looked interesting. Thor in the main role.

    _

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Saw some interesting trailers:

    Sky Fall--can't wait

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgr2syY_OU4

    Argo (I know folks here hate Ben Affleck, but IMHO he's a great director and in some movies, I've liked him in the part he's played)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3WfSFgrVY

    Django Unchained (Tarantino hasn't done anything worthy other than Inglorious Basterds since the early 90's, love Christoper Walz, Jamie Foxx and Leo)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow

    Also saw a trailer for the Red Dawn remake. I've never seen the original so I don't know what to compare it to (although the GF loved it). Looked interesting. Thor in the main role.

    _
    Can't wait for Red Dawn. The original was awesome

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Just saw it...the sopne and his friend liked it alot....I was ok with it, but still liked the first one better....even though the first one was a bit more campy.

    Spec effects in this one was top notch, and the story enough of a departure from the first to make it not just a re-hash.

    Enjoy!
    The 1st one was a steamy pile of dung so that is a bad review IMO.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Saw some interesting trailers:

    Sky Fall--can't wait

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgr2syY_OU4

    Argo (I know folks here hate Ben Affleck, but IMHO he's a great director and in some movies, I've liked him in the part he's played)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3WfSFgrVY

    Django Unchained (Tarantino hasn't done anything worthy other than Inglorious Basterds since the early 90's, love Christoper Walz, Jamie Foxx and Leo)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow

    Also saw a trailer for the Red Dawn remake. I've never seen the original so I don't know what to compare it to (although the GF loved it). Looked interesting. Thor in the main role.

    _
    Can't wait for Red Dawn. The original was awesome

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Liked it a lot, concur that it's not as good as the first, but a darker version with a Blade Runner type setting and feel.

    I liked Farrell as Hauser--not nearly as good as Arnold but no camp involved so I think he was a worthy choice and did a good job.

    Kate Beckinscale crushed Sharon Stone, though.

    And I like Bryan Cranston (Breaking bad), but he wasn't a great Cohaagen.

    Decent remake, a different movie from the original.

    _
    the only way this remake was gonna live up to teh Arnold original was to have Beckinsale and Biel in a no-holds-barred lezbian sex scene involving all sorts of toys and sex capes.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the only way this remake was gonna live up to teh Arnold original was to have Beckinsale and Biel in a no-holds-barred lezbian sex scene involving all sorts of toys and sex capes.
    +1

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the only way this remake was gonna live up to teh Arnold original was to have Beckinsale and Biel in a no-holds-barred lezbian sex scene involving all sorts of toys and sex capes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    +1
    I would art direct it as follows: Beckinsale has her face buried in Biels's cooch as she is being ridden wildly from behind by Quaid. We cut to Biel (looking at Quaid seductively) who utters coyly, "Your wife is going to make me come with her hot tongue", and she grabs Beckinsale's head, thrusts forcefully aginst beckinsale's tongue/skull, then proceeds to unleash an other-worldly orgasm. At this precise moment Hauser--seeing what has transpired--explodes into a gaping Beckinsale, then dies.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the only way this remake was gonna live up to teh Arnold original was to have Beckinsale and Biel in a no-holds-barred lezbian sex scene involving all sorts of toys and sex capes.
    Wasn't really expecting it to. Was just looking forward to a worthy remake, which I think it was.

    _

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us