Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total Recall *****es!

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I would art direct it as follows: Beckinsale has her face buried in Biels's cooch as she is being ridden wildly from behind by Quaid. We cut to Biel (looking at Quaid seductively) who utters coyly, "Your wife is going to make me come with her hot tongue", and she grabs Beckinsale's head, thrusts forcefully aginst beckinsale's tongue/skull, then proceeds to unleash an other-worldly orgasm. At this precise moment Hauser--seeing what has transpired--explodes into a gaping Beckinsale, then dies.

When my wife finally agrees to film a 3-way with her and her friend, I'm calling Borgo's twisted ass to direct.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The 1st one was a steamy pile of dung so that is a bad review IMO.

We'll pretend you're not an ghey, if you like, fellow Jets' fans and such...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

When my wife finally agrees to film a 3-way with her and her friend, I'm calling Borgo's twisted ass to direct.
    My lenses are at the ready, GW. Just give me a day or two notice so I can work up a proper treatment.

Right, like our wives will someday, miraculously, want a threesome with another hot chick.

The original was "90's Bigger than Big Action Film", hence today, it's a Comedy. It's a slightly better "Last Action Hero". I like it, but it's not as "good" as memory would make one think IMO. It cannot in any form be taken seriously.

The remake is not great either, a mish-mash or Blade Runner, I Robot, Minority Report, and a host of other, better done, Sci Fi films and tropes.

I enjoyed it, and I think anyone whose not seen the original will enjoy it for what it is. But it's not great in any measurable way, sadly, outside the special effects, which were (till the last 1/4 of the film) quite special. Beckinsale was decent, Farrell decent, Biel was scenery as was the rest of the cast frankly.

Overall, a C Grade film, dropped to C- because of rote acting and plotting that was eclipsed all down the line by the special effects.

A dissapointment. But one I'll still probab;ly watch a few dozen more times when it hits cable,

Will go watch it later today, not having high much high hopes. the movie I'm really holding out for is SkyFall

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the only way this remake was gonna live up to teh Arnold original was to have Beckinsale and Biel in a no-holds-barred lezbian sex scene involving all sorts of toys and sex capes.
    +1

Kate Beckinsdale + Jessica Biel = The Hottest Threesome Ever Known to Man

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Liked it a lot, concur that it's not as good as the first, but a darker version with a Blade Runner type setting and feel.

I liked Farrell as Hauser--not nearly as good as Arnold but no camp involved so I think he was a worthy choice and did a good job.

Kate Beckinscale crushed Sharon Stone, though.

And I like Bryan Cranston (Breaking bad), but he wasn't a great Cohaagen.

Decent remake, a different movie from the original.

_
    Agree on all points.

Cohagen was awful in this film. Not just the performance but the lack of scenes showing him as a dictator. He's basically just another stooge wearing a vest toting a gun.

SPOILER:

You can soooo tell that last scene was either a re-edit or re-shoot. The original ending was probably Quaid waking up at Recall realizing it was all a dream.

Jets Insider VIP
    I loved the original and was really looking for a reason to see this film, but the reviews here are confirming this as bland. I'll wait for cable.

Jets Insider VIP
    I would art direct it as follows: Beckinsale has her face buried in Biels's cooch as she is being ridden wildly from behind by Quaid. We cut to Biel (looking at Quaid seductively) who utters coyly, "Your wife is going to make me come with her hot tongue", and she grabs Beckinsale's head, thrusts forcefully aginst beckinsale's tongue/skull, then proceeds to unleash an other-worldly orgasm. At this precise moment Hauser--seeing what has transpired--explodes into a gaping Beckinsale, then dies.
    sounds like a good family fun movie!

excellent.

i love how Quaid turns into Hauser in the instant before climax/death. if there's anything capable of completely upending one's sense of reality, it would be the aforementioned threesome.

excellent.

i love how Quaid turns into Hauser in the instant before climax/death. if there's anything capable of completely upending one's sense of reality, it would be the aforementioned threesome.
    Thank you. Only someone of your intellect, amidst this sea of louts, would get my allusion, DS.

Thank you. Only someone of your intellect, amidst this sea of louts, would get my allusion, DS.
    that's probably the best description of JI/Hampur to date.

i saw the movie last weekend, it was admittedly better than i expected. Beckinsale steals the show (how could she not) but the movie would've greatly benefited from a stronger villain.

At first I could have sworn he was making fun of you.

Then I had to do some research on the subject matter.

My conclusion is that you both belong to the nerd sector.

Nice imagery though.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post

Nice imagery though.
    says the guy who had to do research so he could understand a reference to one of Arnold's greatest movies

you should start imbibing again, that way when you continually embarrass yourself you can at least claim the drunkenness excuse

too soon?

too soon?
    Yes. Insensitive as well.

Yes. Insensitive as well.
    you should be outraged.

Nice imagery though.
    As long as it's "nerds who love, and get, various forms of sex from attractive women", I could be okay with that.

As long as it's "nerds who love, and get, various forms of sex from attractive women", I could be okay with that.
    It's not that kind of nerd. Sorry.