Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intrigued by this kid Matt Simms...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    He's bigger than McElroy and has a bigger arm, faster too, I believe he ran a 4.7 something, plus he has the pedigree and that always helps, but the best part is he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't show up his team (at least so far) he had a 30 yard completion today and I hope he continues to play well and beat McElroy for number 3, it would also rub the Giants the wrong way.
    I wsih all Jets players well. I think it was alow blow you took on McElroy because you never liked him. Lets let them duke it out in camp and not play favorites here. Screw the Giants! id rather beat them in the Super Bowl to shut their mouths. Simms making our team would be nice if he beats out McElroy and actually earns the job! Screw the reason you stated!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    McElroy sealed his fate by popping off to the press last spring. He's done as a member of the Jets. Matt Simms is absolutely going to steal that spot.
    are you sure? It seems that the HC pops off a bit and allows his players to pop off too. If Simms clearly outplays McElroy fine! Dump McElroy. but lets not use the bs story of McElroy poping off last year as the reason why he does not make the team. if that was the case why did the Jets allow him to come to camp this year if they held his comments against him. Again, you never like McElroy and so you dump on him. Not unusual for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    mcelroy seems like a system QB to me... ironically I think he would have excelled in shotty's system

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but I have to laugh at the mention the Jets are "showcasing" their 4th string UDFA QB...How are they showcasing him when they haven't played a game yet...Why would they want to "showcase" him? QBs are at a premium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet Fans ALWAYS love the guys at thye bottom of the chart. Not too many other teams love them though! Clowney, Ratliff, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    are you sure? It seems that the HC pops off a bit and allows his players to pop off too. If Simms clearly outplays McElroy fine! Dump McElroy. but lets not use the bs story of McElroy poping off last year as the reason why he does not make the team.
    I'm not sure but the writing is on the wall. It's one thing for the Head coach to pop off it's another for McElroy to do it. And Rex would never say the things McElroy said how it was the worst locker room ever or whatever he said.

KY... I don't get a vote. Just predicting what I think the Jets will do. Most players don't get to openly talk crap about their employers and live to fight another day. McElroy isn't good enough to be forgiven.

oh and by the way Slauson is fighting for his job, if he loses it will you admit I was right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who is talking up Simms on the Jets?
    Rex Ryan and Bart Scott according to SalPal.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-05-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Rex Ryan and Bart Scott.
    Link?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Link?
    I don't need a link. Watch ESPN. He said it last night on sportscenter during his Jets report.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I'm not sure but the writing is on the wall. It's one thing for the Head coach to pop off it's another for McElroy to do it. And Rex would never say the things McElroy said how it was the worst locker room ever or whatever he said.

KY... I don't get a vote. Just predicting what I think the Jets will do. Most players don't get to openly talk crap about their employers and live to fight another day. McElroy isn't good enough to be forgiven.

oh and by the way Slauson is fighting for his job, if he loses it will you admit I was right?
    The question is: If Slauson keeps his job will you admit that you are totally off base? ( by the way Slauson is also working at center and RT and you are the guy who complains when [players are moved from position to position]

Again, if the Jets were going to hold McElroy's comments against him, why is he even in camp? He is only a third string QB and can easily be replaced in some eyes. It is stupidity to waste time of any player in camp, let alone a QB. if he is unwanted for whatever reason he does not belong in camp taking time from another QB who needs to learn the system. I again wish McElroy and Simms the best and hope that one emerges as our third string QB who is able to win NFL games in an emergency! That is all that is important. Retribution by a team against a player for comments is a losing proposition. Bring players to camp that you want in camp and can win a job otherwise save retribution for the school yard!

I want only the best for the Jets. I have no agenda other then winning a Super Bowl. It makes no difference to me who makes the team or doesn't. I am only concerned with winning games and not disagreements here.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I don't need a link. Watch ESPN. He said it last night on sportscenter during his Jets report.
    ok..But I don't watch ESPN

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newsflash: KJ only wants the Jets to win the Superbowl... Bwahahahahaha!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curious ... asking those who know college football ( I don't) . . .

Has there ever been a QB that rated as poorly as Matt Simms in college football, who goes on to make it as a successful starting QB in the NFL ?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Kurt Warner?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Kurt Warner?
    I was curious and looked it up , he was stuck down the dept chart on the Northern Iowa , Panther's depth chart until his third and final year. He lit it up in his last year and won offensive player of the year ... but agreed that is quite a leap to where his NFL career ended.