Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: J.I. PointSpread Pool is now open!

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation J.I. PointSpread Pool is now open!

    The final (and most intense) of the four JI/Yahoo NFL Pools is now open for Adult Swim.

    This is The PointSpread Pool. This is by far the most difficult of the four pools, so "knuckleheads" please beware...

    All are invited to join this pool at no cost, but very few here have the true NFL knowledge to really compete in this one. Only 4 or 5 of JI's best and brightest are still "in the hunt" for this trophy by early December each year.

    This is the contest that separates the internet bullies & loud-mouthed blow-hards from the "real" JI superstars. Most of the bullies & blow-hards dont even sign up for this one. Its tough for them to be bullies when everyone can see their pick-results each week...

    Feel free to join in. You must first be a Yahoo member (also for free).

    It is Group # 9733 and our password is: jiyahoo12

    Good luck to all.

    B.

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    phoenix via orlando via nyc
    Posts
    429
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you. will be an honor to come in 2nd to such greatness. I can hardly catch my breath

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    I'm with you. will be an honor to come in 2nd to such greatness. I can hardly catch my breath
    LOL...dont pat yourself on the back this early. You're gonna have plenty of tough competition for second place...

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    phoenix via orlando via nyc
    Posts
    429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    LOL...dont pat yourself on the back this early. You're gonna have plenty of tough competition for second place...
    i still plan on coming in 1st. just trying to butter up the commis. enjoy your never ending secenry.

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    phoenix via orlando via nyc
    Posts
    429
    Post Thanks / Like
    where are all the other players. I hope you didn't scare them off. I know an unknown like me did not.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    where are all the other players? I hope you didn't scare them off.
    As I said previously, this one is a truly tough grind, over a long 17-week season. A lot of the loud internet "tough guys" that you hear from on the threads all the time wont even touch this one.
    They wont come anywhere near this...

    Everyone can see each others track record at the end of each week.
    Full transparency.
    Weekly accountability.
    Most of these loud-mouths could never stand up to that.
    But me, I THRIVE on it!

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this sissy pool electronically rigged like the others?

    I can make my season's picks right here and now and still kick your azz.

    Baddniss = Triple Frown






    _
    Last edited by jetrider; 08-06-2012 at 03:24 AM.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Is this sissy pool electronically rigged like the others?

    I can make my season's picks right here and now and still kick your azz.

    Baddniss = Triple Frown



    _
    We would love it if you made your entire season's picks here and now!
    GUARANTEED you dont hit above .500...GUARANTEED.
    Do it.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    We would love it if you made your entire season's picks here and now!
    GUARANTEED you dont hit above .500...GUARANTEED.
    Do it.
    That would make it pure luck if I won it that way.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    The final (and most intense) of the four JI/Yahoo NFL Pools is now open for Adult Swim.

    This is The PointSpread Pool. This is by far the most difficult of the four pools, so "knuckleheads" please beware...

    All are invited to join this pool at no cost, but very few here have the true NFL knowledge to really compete in this one. Only 4 or 5 of JI's best and brightest are still "in the hunt" for this trophy by early December each year.

    This is the contest that separates the internet bullies & loud-mouthed blow-hards from the "real" JI superstars. Most of the bullies & blow-hards dont even sign up for this one. Its tough for them to be bullies when everyone can see their pick-results each week...
    None of them are in the Suicide or No-Spread pools either.

    Cowards ...

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    That would make it pure luck if I won it that way.
    agreed.
    pure luck.
    I think the highest ever winning percentage in the pointspread pool over a full season is maybe 64-65%...no more than that.

    (a chimp throwing darts should hit 50% over a full season)

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Is this sissy pool electronically rigged like the others?

    I can make my season's picks right here and now and still kick your azz.

    Baddniss = Triple Frown






    _
    Are you talkin smack, or do you just need to be?

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is practicing for the Comments Section that we have open at each pool this season...

    Trash Talking is welcomed there , and nobody's Momma is Off Limits.
    It should be fun...

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Are you talkin smack, or do you just need to be?
    Are you signed up or just a wannabe 'tough' guy?

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    He is practicing for the Comments Section that we have open at each pool this season...

    Trash Talking is welcomed there , and nobody's Momma is Off Limits.
    It should be fun...
    LOL!

    Hey, do all the pools have the same weekly deadlines?

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Are you signed up or just a wannabe 'tough' guy?
    I'm in I decided to come back, I let Baddniss win a couple of years ago.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I'm in I decided to come back, I let Baddniss win a couple of years ago.
    I hear ya. I might let him win too cos I like Baddniss.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I'm in, I decided to come back, I let Baddniss win a couple of years ago.
    YOU "let me win"?????

    OHHHHHHHHHH

    now you are in Big Trouble... I cant wait for Week #1

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    LOL!

    Hey, do all the pools have the same weekly deadlines?
    yes, 5 minutes before the first game each week.
    So make sure that on weeks where there is a Thursday nite game, that you get ALL of your picks in by Thursday kick-off, not just that game's pick!

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us