Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid absent from practice. Players gather in prayer before practice

Jets Insider VIP

Andy Reid absent from practice. Players gather in prayer before practice

Hope he's ok.

Story on NFL.com

Is he missing?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Hope his kid didn't OD.

Reids son Found dead at the Eagles facility today....

RIP and my prayers to the Reid family.

His son was found dead at Lehigh-so likely OD

Andy Reid's son, Garrett, was found dead in his dorm room at 7:20 a.m. this morning in Lehigh.

There are no additional details at this time as to what exactly happened, but it explains why the team's coach was absent from this morning's walkthrough. Garrett Reid has a history of drug issues, starting with a January, 2007 arrest for crashing his car while high on heroin. It's safe to assume Reid will be away from the team for a while and no word yet if he'll be in attendance for the team's first preseason game on Thursday.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter
    Reid's son. Condolences and prayers to Reid's family.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Thoughts and prayers, Andy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Damn I remember the problems with his son.

The worse thing that could happen to a dad. May he find comfort somewhere or somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The worse thing that could happen to a dad. May he find comfort somewhere or somehow.
    +1

It would be even worse if it's a suicide.

I hope his friends, the entire Eagle organization, and the fans rally around Reid and his family.

All League
    Sorry Coach. Nothing worse in life

RIP Garrett, feel horrible for Coach Reid he always seems like a good guy. No one deserves this.

Hall Of Fame
    You would think in five years they would get a handle on this. Reid is a millionaire with with every tool at his disposal. Would be interested to find out what kind of treatment this kid was getting if any.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You would think in five years they would get a handle on this. Reid is a millionaire with with every tool at his disposal. Would be interested to find out what kind of treatment this kid was getting if any.
    What a stupid assumption. Some people just have demons, regardless of circumstance.

Addiction and/or mental illness don't descriminate. People are people.

And Reid tried.

Let's let the kid RIP today.

Such a sad, tragic and horrible story for any parent, relative and friend to have to go through. RIP.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    What a stupid assumption. Some people just have demons, regardless of circumstance.
    Didn't ASSume anything.

Wow..I'd say more but as the saying goes, "if you can't say anything nice....."

Prayers to the Reid family

Hall Of Fame
    If people can talk about gun control in the wake of one tragedy why can't we discuss mental health issues or drug issues and their treatments. I did not make a joke or take anything likely.

Of course my condolences go out to his family. I have personal experience with a family member that had drug addiction to heroin similar to this. And I had a ex-teammate of mine die as a result of an overdose to Ocycontin.

If anyone has a problem with that then feel free to PM. I assure you I am not trying to be mean. And I apologize if I have offended anyone.

If people can talk about gun control in the wake of one tragedy why can't we discuss mental health issues or drug issues and their treatments. I did not make a joke or take anything likely.

Of course my condolences go out to his family. I have personal experience with a family member that had drug addiction to heroin similar to this. And I had a teammate of mine die as a result of an overdose.

If anyone has a problem with that then feel free to PM. I assure you I am not trying to be mean. And I apologize if I have offended anyone.
    I think we can talk about it in general but it seemed like you took a shot at Reid, without knowing the facts. I think you just worded it wrong so no harm, no foul.

If you have experience with this I'm sure you know have money or 5 years doesn't guarantee a good outcome.

It does make you think how evil addiction is, people with great lives, throwing it away because of drugs.