Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garrett Reid found dead at Eagles training camp

Veteran

Garrett Reid found dead at Eagles training camp

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...training-camp/

Eagles G.M. Howie Roseman announced moments ago that Garrett Reid, the son of Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead at training camp on Sunday morning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Please pray for the Reid family.......

sad news.

Banned
    That's terrible. How old was he?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...training-camp/

Eagles G.M. Howie Roseman announced moments ago that Garrett Reid, the son of Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead at training camp on Sunday morning.
    Sad stuff...

BETHLEHEM -- Struggling to maintain his composure, Eagles general manager Howie Roseman announced that Garrett Reid, oldest son of Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead in his bed at Lehigh this morning. Reid had rebounded from a drug-troubled past and was assisting the Eagles' strength coaches at camp. More details to follow.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...165051976.html

Prayers to the Reid family. Just terrible

Very sad news. Horrible loss for a great coach in Andy Reid.

Below are the statements made during a Sunday morning news conference regarding the death of Garrett Reid, the son of Eagles coach Andy Reid:

HOWIE ROSEMAN, EAGLES GENERAL MANAGER
    : “I have some heartbreaking news to share with you all. It is with great sadness, the oldest son of Coach Reid, was found dead this morning in his room here in training camp. It’s a tough morning for all of us in the Eagles family. Garrett grew up with this team, which makes this news even harder for us to process. Our hearts go out to Andy, Tammy, Britt, Spencer, Crosby and Drew Ann.

“Coach has spent the morning informing his family. We ask sincerely that you respect the family’s privacy during this time. The team has been informed of this news, as has Jeffrey [Lurie] and Christina. The chief will speak to you in a minute about what is known about this event. From a football perspective, I can tell you Andy has asked that we go forward with training camp. …On a personal note, we’ve been with Andy for a long time. He’s always been strong for us, we’re going to be strong for him right now. As a father and a friend, we’re all hurting.”

ED SCHUPP, LEHIGH UNIVERSITY POLICE CHIEF
    : “This morning, at approximately at 7:20 a.m., I received a 911 call about an unresponsive male at Sayre Park dormitories. On arrival, attempts were made to revive the individual were unsuccessful. Garrett Reid was deceased on the officer’s arrival. No suspicious activity.”

ZACHARY LYSEK, NORTHAMPTON COUNTY CORONER
    : “What I can tell you is this morning we were contacted by the Lehigh campus police department and requested to respond for the discovery of a deceased male. We are conducting an investigation with the cooperation of the Lehigh campus police department and I personally pronounced Mr. Reid deceased at the scene. The investigation will be ongoing.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...ett-Reid-.html

Horrible news. Prayers for the family.

Veteran
    Sad, sad news ... rest in peace young man.

RIP.

Even if he was recently clean (from a severe drug-abusing past history), people just dont understand the huge effects that major drug abuse has on the body and the mind, especially the heart (especially if some-one IS over-weight). Heroin is a VERY SERIOUS drug.

This kid is also the one that was dealing drugs as well. He was arrested for bringing drugs INTO a Correctional Facility to sell on a visit, by hiding 90 pills in a plastic packet UP HIS RECTUM.

I think very highly of Andy Reid, this is a terrible loss for him, and his family.
    Last edited by Baddniss; 08-05-2012 at 12:20 PM.

unimaginable tragedy. Praying for the family.....

Veteran
    Horrible news. My thoughts go out to his family.

Veteran
    Damn that sucks... my condolences to the Reid family...

There is nothing more devastating than losing a child. I don't have children or ever have to lose one to know this to be true. I cannot imagine the pain that Andy Reid and his family are going through right now.

My deepest condolences go out to the Reid family.

Hall Of Fame
    I could never imagine having to bury one of my children. Unimaginable. I dont know how Andy Reid is going to coach this year, I feel so bad for him.

Horrible....my prayers to the Reid family.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    There is nothing more devastating than losing a child. I don't have children or ever have to lose one to know this to be true. I cannot imagine the pain that Andy Reid and his family are going through right now.

My deepest condolences go out to the Reid family.
    =============================================

True this ^

RIP