Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Dead at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin

7 Dead at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin

When will the violence end?

Seven people were shot and killed today at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., in what officials are treating as a case of domestic terrorism.

Though police have not given any details on the identity or motive of the shooter, or released the identities of the victims, sources have told ABC News the shootings are the work of a "white supremacist" or "skinhead."

This evening, the FBI and a bomb squad arrived at a home in Cudahy, Wis., near Oak Creek, and ABC News Milwaukee affiliate WISN reported the action appeared to be related to the temple shootings earlier in the day.

Authorities also were trying to trace a single, semiautomatic handgun recovered at the scene, sources told ABC News.

In addition to the seven confirmed dead, three people -- two adult male civilians and a male police officer -- were in critical condition and were being treated at a local hospital, said officials at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin.

The apparent gunman was shot and killed in an exchange of gunfire with the wounded police officer outside the temple and was one of the seven dead.
    Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/sikh-temple...9#.UB9V2Y6AZHi
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 08-06-2012 at 01:49 AM.

All Pro
    Mods please move to Parlor Tricks

I'm Sikh of you coming back like a bad penny Durden.

Bewildered Beast
    calm down watch your temple.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    When will the violence end?
    When the star we call the Sun goes supernova and destroys all life in this galaxy.

I am Sikh, and while nothing on this large a scale has happened in the States, this is nothing new to Sikhs post 9/11. It is a sad sad world we live in when your place of worship is no longer safe place.

All League
    I felt bad for the Sikh people around the country after 9/11. I witnessed the low lives assault them because they thought they were Muslim. Hopefully people will become more educated after this tragedy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I felt bad for the Sikh people around the country after 9/11. I witnessed the low lives assault them because they thought they were Muslim. Hopefully people will become more educated after this tragedy.
    +1
    Poor Sikhs - the Muslims kill them intentionally; we kill them by mistake. Hindus beat them up. They can't get a break.

It's ridiculous! I feel sorry for all the families that have experienced such tragic losses at the hands of these psychopathic a$sholes who feel they should take the lives of innocent people away.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    I am Sikh, and while nothing on this large a scale has happened in the States, this is nothing new to Sikhs post 9/11. It is a sad sad world we live in when your place of worship is no longer safe place.
    The United States has almost no other ally greater than India. This is truly a sad state of affairs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The United States has almost no other ally greater than India. This is truly a sad state of affairs.
    Maybe Poland, but the Indians suffer more at the hands of Muslims.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The United Kingdom?

Don't mistake some disillusionment amongst the populace in the UK with any form of disloyalty or hostillity from the Government of the UK. The bond there, although perhaps strained, is still solid.

And Poland is also a better ally, frankly, than India is.

With that said, National Alliances have little to do with mass shooitngs by the insane. Sadly, if the early reporting is accurate, this is a case of pure hatred (a white supremacist shooter) acting in ignornace (against perceived Muslims) vs. innocent members of a totally different faith.

The Sikh are (generally) good people, with a good track record of being good Americans, loyal, serving, peaceful folks. This event ir a horrific example of how dumb so many Americans are about those different than themselves, i.e. non-Christains.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    This event ir a horrific example of how dumb so many Americans are about those different than themselves, i.e. non-Christains.
    goes both ways these days

Jets Insider VIP
    The United Kingdom?

Don't mistake some disillusionment amongst the populace in the UK with any form of disloyalty or hostillity from the Government of the UK. The bond there, although perhaps strained, is still solid.

With that said, National Alliances have little to do with mass shooitngs by the insane. Sadly, if the early reporting is accurate, this is a case of pure hatred (a white supremacist shooter) acting in ignornace (against perceived Muslims) vs. innocent members of a totally different faith.

The Sikh are (generally) good people, with a good track record of being good Americans, loyal, serving, peaceful folks. This event ir a horrific example of how dumb so many Americans are about those different than themselves, i.e. non-Christains.
    almost mean anything to you my friend???

We need India...who the heck is gonna run all the subway franchises?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    goes both ways these days
    How so?

How are Non-Christian Americans ignorant of general Americans/Christians?

I assure you, these Sihks probably had a far better understanding of Americans and Christians than this shooter had for "Muslims".

All Pro
    How so?

How are Non-Christian Americans ignorant of general Americans/Christians?
    Have you been to Flushing....lately?

All League
    The United Kingdom?

I'm guessing fact checking wasn't too high on this nutjobs list of things to do before going a-hole.

imagine the outrage if they were regular white Americans.

Might even make it onto the Politics page past the mouth foaming Barry haters.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Hindus beat them up.

The Hindu population generally welcomes and admires the Sikhs...they've contributed their way of life to the rich Indian culture, and have sacrificed much blood on the battlefields to keep India safe.

It's tragic how even the slightest ignorance by one individual negatively impacts thus lives of so many...

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    imagine the outrage if they were regular white Americans.

Might even make it onto the Politics page past the mouth foaming Barry haters.
    Ironicly, I just posted a CNN article in there to start discussion, right before coming here.

Last I checked, your "Start Thread' button works as well as mine does too.