Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 7 Dead at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin

The scum of the earth looking for their time in the National Spotlight. Just give me sometime in a dark alley and the justice system will save a mint. Same with the loonie in Colorado swift and just death!

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I'm just going by what they yelled but I may have mis-heard it between kicks to the head.
    Please tell me your 45,000th post wasn't in this thread.

Just wanted to share a little bit of my story...

"I have been trying to process everything that has happened the past 24-48 hours and so many thoughts and emotions have been running through my mind. So many things that I want to say, that I want people to know. Growing up most of my young life I was always the only Sikh kid in my town, in my class, in my school etc. I knew every morning when I woke up and went to school that there was no one that looked like me. It was sometimes difficult, the teasing, the laughs, the comments, but I knew that as a Sikh, I was to be strong, be proud, and to be brave. Our Gurus had sacrificed so much for our religion. For our right to believe in universal humanity, that regardless of race, gender, class we are all equal. My father came to this country in the 1970s with $8 dollars in his pocket without my mother and my oldest sister and he endured so much more than what I was going through at that time. He would tell me that people would look at him, scream, and run. It was like they saw a monster or something. He was my strength in those moments. My father came to America because he saw the opportunity for a better life for my sisters and I. A country where no one person looks the same, where we are free to look the way we want to, free to worship who we want to and free to speak what we want to. In the wake of this horrible tragedy I encourage Sikh Americans everywhere to not be angry with what has happened, but to embrace this opportunity to enlighten others about who we are and what we stand for. I encourage those who do not know about Sikhs to Google it, ask me or other Sikhs you know. Come to one of the many candlelight vigils, or come to a Sikh Gurdwara (Temple) and see what we are about. Our doors always remain open and we never turn anyone away regardless of faith, color, gender or race. I want to stress that this incident is not about feeling bad for the Sikh community. Sadly we all know what happened yesterday was not the first time a community was targeted because of the way they look and it will not be the last. However this is a chance for us to embrace each other, our differences, and our SIMILARITIES. I cannot tell you how many people that I have met who always tell me, “When I first saw/met you, I had this perception of who you were or how you would be but I was so wrong. You are nothing like I thought you would be. You are just another normal guy.” Let us open our minds and hearts to those who are not like what we see in the mirror. Sikhs stand proud, do not be afraid to tell our story, your story, my father’s story or the story of Satwant Singh Kaleka. Mr. Kaleka tried to take down the gunman until his last breath. Just like the passengers of flight 93, he would not go down without a fight. Lt. Brian Murphy, a true hero nearly gave his life and waved off aid so officers could help those still in the Temple. His story of true heroism is the stories this great country was built on. Today on the news I see my Father, my Mother, My Sister, and My Brothers. It is in these moments of tragedy and crisis that people show their true courage. Sikhs will unite everywhere and I promise the more you know the more you will see that WE ARE ALL SIKHS."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Your flippant, non substance adding post seems out of character.
    In all seriousness.

GFY.
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-06-2012 at 11:21 PM.

All League
    Thanks for sharing gqxluvx, today I am also a SIKH. I hope you find the peace you all deserve.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post

"I have been trying to process everything that has happened the past 24-48 hours and so many thoughts and emotions have been running through my mind. So many things that I want to say, that I want people to know. Growing up most of my young life I was always the only Sikh kid in my town, in my class, in my school etc. I knew every morning when I woke up and went to school that there was no one that looked like me. It was sometimes difficult, the teasing, the laughs, the comments, but I knew that as a Sikh, I was to be strong, be proud, and to be brave. Our Gurus had sacrificed so much for our religion. For our right to believe in universal humanity, that regardless of race, gender, class we are all equal. My father came to this country in the 1970s with $8 dollars in his pocket without my mother and my oldest sister and he endured so much more than what I was going through at that time. He would tell me that people would look at him, scream, and run. It was like they saw a monster or something. He was my strength in those moments. My father came to America because he saw the opportunity for a better life for my sisters and I. A country where no one person looks the same, where we are free to look the way we want to, free to worship who we want to and free to speak what we want to. In the wake of this horrible tragedy I encourage Sikh Americans everywhere to not be angry with what has happened, but to embrace this opportunity to enlighten others about who we are and what we stand for. I encourage those who do not know about Sikhs to Google it, ask me or other Sikhs you know. Come to one of the many candlelight vigils, or come to a Sikh Gurdwara (Temple) and see what we are about. Our doors always remain open and we never turn anyone away regardless of faith, color, gender or race. I want to stress that this incident is not about feeling bad for the Sikh community. Sadly we all know what happened yesterday was not the first time a community was targeted because of the way they look and it will not be the last. However this is a chance for us to embrace each other, our differences, and our SIMILARITIES. I cannot tell you how many people that I have met who always tell me, “When I first saw/met you, I had this perception of who you were or how you would be but I was so wrong. You are nothing like I thought you would be. You are just another normal guy.” Let us open our minds and hearts to those who are not like what we see in the mirror. Sikhs stand proud, do not be afraid to tell our story, your story, my father’s story or the story of Satwant Singh Kaleka. Mr. Kaleka tried to take down the gunman until his last breath. Just like the passengers of flight 93, he would not go down without a fight. Lt. Brian Murphy, a true hero nearly gave his life and waved off aid so officers could help those still in the Temple. His story of true heroism is the stories this great country was built on. Today on the news I see my Father, my Mother, My Sister, and My Brothers. It is in these moments of tragedy and crisis that people show their true courage. Sikhs will unite everywhere and I promise the more you know the more you will see that WE ARE ALL SIKHS."

Beautiful post.

Peace, brother.

It truly breaks my heart to see how intolerant some in this country have become. So much anger, so much ignorance. Thank you for sharing that story; there is a lot to learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    It truly breaks my heart to see how intolerant some in this country have become. So much anger, so much ignorance.
    Look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    Look in the mirror.

The previous poster opens up in a personal way about a tragedy that touched him profoundly and you decide to make a gutter post.

What a lack of class.

What a lack of class.
    Once again, look in the mirror.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm just going by what they yelled but I may have mis-heard it between kicks to the head.
    yeah.

kicks to the head can screw with your hearing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

It truly breaks my heart to see how intolerant some in this country have become. So much anger, so much ignorance. Thank you for sharing that story; there is a lot to learn from it.
    Look in the mirror.
    The previous poster opens up in a personal way about a tragedy that touched him profoundly and you decide to make a gutter post.

What a lack of class.
    We really doing this...in this thread?

Look in the mirror.
    Wtf?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Wtf?
    Just Good Ole Jessie Moses.

Thank you for sharing.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Thank you for sharing.
    Absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Westboro is a (D) affiliated group. You should complains to Debbie Wassername on your hotline to her.
    I doubt that any political party, D or GOP, would claim affiliation with Westboro.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I doubt that any political party, D or GOP, would claim affiliation with Westboro.
    Fred Phelps has run for office with teh (D) label affixed and endorsements from the likes of Algore. You can as they say look it up.

Fred Phelps has run for office with teh (D) label affixed and endorsements from the likes of Algore. You can as they say look it up.
    David Duke also ran for office on multiple occasions as a Democrat. That said I doubt the Democrats are proud of him. Charles Barron a racist anti semite was a NYC councilman for years and is a hero of the NYC democratic party. Come to think of it KKK leader Robert Byrd was a D Senator for 20+ years. Hmm.. I take back my statement. Apparently the D party welcomes racists and hate mongers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by WIKIPEDIA
    Democratic Party

Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[33] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[34] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[35][36] and 1997.[37]

Support for Al Gore

Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election.[37] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm".[38] Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[39] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser at his home in Topeka and was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[4] Gore spokesman Dag Vega declined to comment, saying "We are not dignifying those stories with a response."[40]

Opposition to Al Gore, Bill Clinton, and Hillary Rodham Clinton

During the 1992 presidential campaign, Phelps criticized Hillary Rodham Clinton during a speech he gave endorsing Bill Clinton's presidential campaign at the University of Kansas on October 14, 1992. In 1996 Phelps and the Westboro church opposed Clinton's re-election because of the administration's support for gay rights. The entire Westboro congregation picketed a 1997 inaugural ball,[41] denouncing Vice President Al Gore as a "famous fag pimp".[42] In 1998, Westboro picketed the funeral of Gore's father, screaming vulgarities at Gore and telling him, "your dad's in Hell".[42]

Saddam Hussein

In 1997, before the fall of Saddam Hussein during the Iraq War, Phelps wrote a letter to Hussein praising his regime for being, in his opinion, "the only Muslim state that allows the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to be freely and openly preached on the streets".[43] Furthermore, he stated that he would like to send a delegation to Baghdad to "preach the Gospel" for one week. Saddam granted permission, and a group of WBC congregants traveled to Iraq to protest against the U.S. The WBC members stood on the streets of Baghdad holding signs condemning both Bill and Hillary Clinton, as well as anal sex.[44] When Hussein died in December 2006, Phelps stated in a web broadcast that Hussein was in Hell along with Gerald Ford.

Barack Obama

Phelps believes that President Barack Obama is the Antichrist and that he will form an Unholy Trinity with the Catholic Church and Satan.[45]
    Seems his party is (C) for Crazy, more than (D) for Democrat.