Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monday 8/6 Practice and news thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Sanchez overthrowing anybody is about as likely as Chad Pennington killing a WR with his throw...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Still butthurt from getting reamed in the scrimmage thread?

You're Tebow trolling is getting old...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I guess the proper time to predict his career path is after it's over. if you want to be accurate and all.
    Perhaps 2 or 3 years into it makes more sense.

However with you Vernon Gholston got 5 years, not 2 weeks into training camp. Why was that?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Still butthurt from getting reamed in the scrimmage thread?
    Me: "Sanchez can't throw the ball downfield, he's is the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last 3 years, look at the numbers. If you disagree, prove me wrong."

You: "Well.....TEBOW SUCKS!"

I'm impressed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Me: "Sanchez can't throw the ball downfield, he's is the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last 3 years, look at the numbers. If you disagree, prove me wrong."

You: "Well.....TEBOW SUCKS!"

I'm impressed.
    Ban plz

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That's great.

Keep neglecting the position, Mike and Rex.
    I agree that we have bad WR depth, but who is out there that you feel comfortable adding? We drafted Hill in the 2nd round, and if we continue to draft a WR every year we can eventually build depth behind Hill, Holmes and Kerley(if he lays off the cheeseburgers)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Perhaps 2 or 3 years into it makes more sense.

However with you Vernon Gholston got 5 years, not 2 weeks into training camp. Why was that?
    In case anyone is wondering why i took a few months away from the board. This is why.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In case anyone is wondering why i took a few months away from the board. This is why.
    You were gone?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You were gone?
    LMAO

Not gonna lie, I wasn't wondering.... but I like different opinions from mine. Keeps the world interesting. No need to take another hiatus bitonti.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is sarcastic but I don't think Revis could ever beat Stephen Hill (or other legit 4.3 players) in a footrace, even on his best day. Revis was never a speed demon. Revis' game is all about getting a good jam and reading where the player will go. If the player will go deep on a 9 route and Revis doesn't get that jam, he's got no other recourse but to trail and hope for a badly thrown ball.

Revis ran a 4.38 forty. Stop. He is a fast mofo. If you don't believe me, check out this play, where HE MISSED getting a good jam, and kept up with Calvin Johnson, who ran a 4.32 forty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think anyone other than Warfish noticed/cared

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Answer the question.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post

Revis ran a 4.38 forty. Stop.
    first off Revis is awesome. He's the best defender in the game and the best NY Jets player since Joe Willy Namath.

But he's not perfect.

Revis didn't run 4.38 at the Indy combine, in fact he didn't run at Indy at all. Some sources had him at 4.5 at Pro Day. Some sources had him faster. But no one will confuse him for Deion Sanders. That's not his game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/draft/516923

from that scouting report, which I believe was written by either Rob Rang or Dave Te-Thomas

"Lacks the blazing speed to stay tight on the receiver in deep routes, but has a good burst to close and recover (likes to play tight, as he realizes he doesn't have the second gear needed when giving up a big cushion) …"

Like I said I'm a huge Revis fan but he's not a blazing speed guy. He can be beat deep. Randy Moss did it quite memorably in 2010.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    first off Revis is awesome. He's the best defender in the game and the best NY Jets player since Joe Willy Namath.

But he's not perfect.

Revis didn't run 4.38 at the Indy combine, in fact he didn't run at Indy at all. Some sources had him at 4.5 at Pro Day

from that scouting report, which I believe was written by either Rob Rang or Dave Te-Thomas

"Lacks the blazing speed to stay tight on the receiver in deep routes, but has a good burst to close and recover (likes to play tight, as he realizes he doesn't have the second gear needed when giving up a big cushion) …"

Like I said I'm a huge Revis fan but he's not a blazing speed guy. He can be beat deep. Randy Moss did it quite memorably in 2010.

Yeah, when he had a bad hammy, otherwise he's owned Moss and every other WR in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

But he's not perfect.

Revis didn't run 4.38 at the Indy combine, in fact he didn't run at Indy at all. Some sources had him at 4.5 at Pro Day. Some sources had him faster. But no one will confuse him for Deion Sanders. That's not his game.

"Lacks the blazing speed to stay tight on the receiver in deep routes, but has a good burst to close and recover (likes to play tight, as he realizes he doesn't have the second gear needed when giving up a big cushion) "

Who ever said Revis is a speed guy?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I disagree - at least in the Ellis reference. While Ellis had some flashes of brilliance, for the most part he was a very solid but unspectacular DE that still showed up every game.

IMO, when the Jets had to decide on who to extend long term, they took the guy who showed up every day rather than the guy who showed up every other game but did so with a major splash.

While Ellis had some games like he did against the Pats in the playoffs, his MO - at least during the prime of his career - wasn't to take off games on a regular basis. Comparing him to Johnny Abe in that regard, is unfair.
    As much as some fans like to crap on Abe.. In 159 games he has 112 sacks..Jason Taylor a future HOF'er has 27 more in 74 more games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, when he had a bad hammy, otherwise he owned Moss and every other WR in the NFL.
    Bit is right, Revis is not a 4.3 guy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Bit is right, Revis is not a 4.3 guy.
    I don't care what he runs, no one beats him deep. To say Moss did when he had his hamstring injury is just dumb, but then again it's the all knowing bitonti.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Answer the question.
    what question is that, why I gave Gholston 5 years when he was cut after year 3?

I don't know if you actually read the post but I was complimenting Coples. I believe he can be a Johnny abe type of player and take over the game. I am an optimist when it comes to the Jets and that includes VG.

If you think this is an insult, that we should wait and see if Coples can break the single season sack record, I think that's not his game. He wasn't consistent in college and I don't think he will be getting 2 sacks a game in the pros. He will have good weeks and bad weeks, like he had in college, and in mini camp and now in training camp. It's not HOF caliber career but it will be a good pick.

maybe you can answer me a question why do you care what I said about Gholston? Who are you my internet accountant keeping track of all my statements for the last 10 years?

Maybe we could talk about the 2012 Jets if you aren't scared to make a prediction.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I dont think anyone other than Warfish noticed/cared
    LOL

I was gonna say, the same thing. Except I was gonna put,

"Don't leave, that will turn Warfish into Sadfish."

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

But he's not perfect.

"Lacks the blazing speed to stay tight on the receiver in deep routes, but has a good burst to close and recover (likes to play tight, as he realizes he doesn't have the second gear needed when giving up a big cushion) "
    I think we all love Revis here, but did you just not watch that video with actual evidence that revis does have that speed to stick on fast receivers on deep routes?!?! I mean he's proved it again and again.

And that moss arguement is crap considering after that play Revis missed 3-4? weeks with a hamstring injury