Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Monday 8/6 Practice and news thread.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Revis isn't a "4.5 guy" either, no way.
    I heard Visanthe Shiancoe was a "12.5" guy.....that's really really..........slow?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Pitt. isn't known to be a fast track for pro day 40 times. Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.48 and Lesean McCoy ran a 4.5 at their pro days at Pitt. If McCoy was running a wind-aided, 4.5 downhill that's unbelievably slow, especially for how fast he plays with pads on.
    McCoy is the best argument. No way he is a 4.5 guy. Fitzgerald is not considered a speed WR so that does not surprise me. Another thing to take into consideration is that some guys don't practice the 40 a lot. If they get a bad start, it can ruin the time.

I have no idea as to the conditions at Pitt though. I was speaking in general. In general players run faster 40s at their pro days than at the combine. But if the track is slow at Pitt then that makes Revis' performance even more admirable.

Revis isn't a "4.5 guy" either, no way.
    Of course not. I would say he is in the 4.4s. And that is plenty fast because he has a great burst and great technique. 40 times are overrated IMO. As long as they aren't terribly slow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If Tony Sparano can get something out of this offense with the current personnel, I will bow down to his greatness.

The people here who are satisfied with the WR and RB situations and the OL depth are setting themselves up for disappointment.
    With a Shotty OC, Sanchez giving balls away more often on the field than off, and injuries all across the OL last year, the offense was pretty bad. Still, they ended up 13th overall in scoring.

Enter 2012. A new OC. Healthy OL. Early reports from camp that Sanchez looks encouraging... for what that's worth. Powell running hard. Hill coming on. A commitment to Greene. A new wrinkle with Tebow.

I think Holmes/Hill/Kerley/Keller are a fine 4 options for Sanchez. (And better than Plaxico and a rookie Kerley from 2011)

While I agree a new RT was needed, at least the coaches are making Hunter fight for his job. Is it too much to ask to see him revert somewhere between his 2010 and 2011 self?

Greene/Powell/McKnight/Tebow make a fine RB crew. No, no spectacular, and no one that will 'wow' you, but a unit perfectly capable of averaging 4 yards a pop and keeping the chains moving.

Of course, at the end of the day it's all about Sanchez. Sparano's offense will hopefully limit the turnovers and help Mark improve his decision making.. that's the idea anyway.

I agree that this offense isn't elite.. but they don't need to be - especially if the defense turns out as good as advertised.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    With a Shotty OC, Sanchez giving balls away more often on the field than off, and injuries all across the OL last year, the offense was pretty bad. Still, they ended up 13th overall in scoring.

Enter 2012. A new OC. Healthy OL. Early reports from camp that Sanchez looks encouraging... for what that's worth. Powell running hard. Hill coming on. A commitment to Greene. A new wrinkle with Tebow.

I think Holmes/Hill/Kerley/Keller are a fine 4 options for Sanchez. (And better than Plaxico and a rookie Kerley from 2011)

While I agree a new RT was needed, at least the coaches are making Hunter fight for his job. Is it too much to ask to see him revert somewhere between his 2010 and 2011 self?

Greene/Powell/McKnight/Tebow make a fine RB crew. No, no spectacular, and no one that will 'wow' you, but a unit perfectly capable of averaging 4 yards a pop and keeping the chains moving.

Of course, at the end of the day it's all about Sanchez. Sparano's offense will hopefully limit the turnovers and help Mark improve his decision making.. that's the idea anyway.

I agree that this offense isn't elite.. but they don't need to be - especially if the defense turns out as good as advertised.
    I'll say this. My biggest optimism is coming from Keller, Cumberland and Baker.

To me, they are the keys to success. Other than Hill, who has great speed and potential, the WR corps is very banged up. The running game will not be effective without a WR corps to keep defenses honest as teams will continue to load the box. I see a repeat of last year unless Sparano can find new wrinkles for the TE's or some WR help comes our way. JMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

To me, they are the keys to success. Other than Hill, who has great speed and potential, the WR corps is very banged up. The running game will not be effective without a WR corps to keep defenses honest as teams will continue to load the box. I see a repeat of last year unless Sparano can find new wrinkles for the TE's or some WR help comes our way. JMO.
    I am keeping the faith that Sparano will better utilize his players more than Shotty did. As far as the injuries go, it's still early August. Holmes, for the most part, has been pretty durable. Schillins? Not so much, but I don't see him on the field much more than Patrick Turner. Who knows.. maybe Jordan White shows something with this opportunity.

I think the threat of Hill, and Sparano's offense, which will stretch the field more than Shotty's ever did, will help with the running game and open up the field underneath for Keller, Kelly and Holmes.

I hear you that right now it looks ugly, but let's see where we are at after a few preseason games. I wouldnt be surprised if the offense isn't as in bad shape as some of us fear.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a very physical practice...I'm liking that. Also stoked to hear that Coples and Hill are making plays, we'll need both of them to contribute this year.
    Good to hear the guys are fired up in camp and motivated to prove themselves. Can't wait!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still hoping that Jordan White surprises us all and makes some big contributions. haven't heard much about him at camp though .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'm still hoping that Jordan White surprises us all and makes some big contributions. haven't heard much about him at camp though .
    He hasn't seen the field until now. We'll see what he has. He's behind now, but he's going to get plenty of reps being the only healthy receiver on the team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He hasn't seen the field until now. We'll see what he has. He's behind now, but he's going to get plenty of reps being the only healthy receiver on the team.
    Thanks for the info !!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Hill is healthy yes?