Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 250

Thread: Monday 8/6 Practice and news thread.

  1. #141
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Baker seems to be Tebow's favorite receiver. I don't know if that means anything, but interesting.
    Funny you say that:


    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Josh Baker and Tim Tebow are great friends off the field. That has translated on the field. Baker is Tebow's favorite target.

  2. #142
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,076
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Joe McKnight is hurt. Not getting up after last run. Walking off with trainers. Could be a shoulder #nyj

  3. #143
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,904
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Funny you say that:


    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Josh Baker and Tim Tebow are great friends off the field. That has translated on the field. Baker is Tebow's favorite target.
    ROR

  4. #144
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yonkers
    Posts
    257
    I guess Powell gets 2nd rb spot if McKnight is out too long

  5. #145
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,076
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    McKnight down on the ground on his knees after a run play. Trainers now walking off with him. #nyj

  6. #146
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,076
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    #Jets need to sign a RB. Now. Joe McKnight, Terrance Ganaway & John Griffin are injured. Bilal Powell and Shonn Greene only healthy backs.

  7. #147
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,904
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    #Jets need to sign a RB. Now. Joe McKnight, Terrance Ganaway & John Griffin are injured. Bilal Powell and Shonn Greene only healthy backs.
    Get ready for Ced Ben

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    #Jets need to sign a RB. Now.
    Nothing like Media Backseat GM's, eh?

    Let me guess, if Hill gets a cold, he'll tweat how stupid we were not to sign Braylon Edwards next?

  9. #149
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,076
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Sanchez got one more series. Finished 5 of 11 with 3 sacks.

  10. #150
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Nothing like Media Backseat GM's, eh?

    Let me guess, if Hill gets a cold, he'll tweat how stupid we were not to sign Braylon Edwards next?
    Especially when there is no report on what the injury actually is. Here is another perspective:

    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    McKnight tossing ball around with Mellody now. #nyj

  11. #151
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,076
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Folk 4-for-4 today. Brown 2-for-4, with misses from 39 and 47. #nyj

  12. #152
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,076
    That should do it folks, practice is over. Off to the golf course, see you guys later.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Coples is having a good day. 2 sacks today. #nyjs
    New poll:

    Coples is:

    a. A ten year starter
    b. A perennial pro-bowler
    c. An all-pro
    d. Canton bound


    /Shark99

  14. #154
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    ROR
    Nice audit.

  15. #155
    So Hill has beat Revis deep twice in camp, last player to beat Revis deep was Randy Moss in week 2 of 2010 season. Interesting.

  16. #156
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,415
    Sounds like a very physical practice...I'm liking that. Also stoked to hear that Coples and Hill are making plays, we'll need both of them to contribute this year.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    #Jets need to sign a RB. Now. Joe McKnight, Terrance Ganaway & John Griffin are injured. Bilal Powell and Shonn Greene only healthy backs.
    And Tebow

  18. #158
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Especially when there is no report on what the injury actually is. Here is another perspective:

    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    McKnight tossing ball around with Mellody now. #nyj
    Sounds like a shoulder injury to me.

  19. #159
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Baker seems to be Tebow's favorite receiver. I don't know if that means anything, but interesting.
    That's just because "Baker" is the closest thing the Jets have to a "Carpenter"

  20. #160
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Nothing like Media Backseat GM's, eh?

    Let me guess, if Hill gets a cold, he'll tweat how stupid we were not to sign Braylon Edwards next?
    That twit stood out to me also....Steinberg normally doesn't editorialize and just gives the facts but that one stood out as a tad bit alarmist.

    (just realized that should be tweet, but I think i like Twit better).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us