Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomer Esiasonís Memo To Jets: Cut Tim Tebow!

All Pro

Thumbs down Boomer Esiasonís Memo To Jets: Cut Tim Tebow!

Boomer Esiason thinks the Jets are making a “major mistake” with Tim Tebow as the team’s backup quarterback

He should talk given his sh1tty stint as Jets' QB

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...cut-tim-tebow/

BTW, was he a Jets fan growing up?

All League
    Giant fan

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Giant fan
    Is he? I met him once when we were in high school. He grew up a few miles from me. I know he is not a JETS fan but is that true? makes sense.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Boomer Esiason thinks the Jets are making a ďmajor mistakeĒ with Tim Tebow as the teamís backup quarterback

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...cut-tim-tebow/

BTW, was he a Jets fan growing up?
    I agree. This was a horrible signing

All League
    Yea, I have heard him say he grew up a Giants fan, but I do remember him also saying he was a bigger hockey fan (Rangers of course)than football fan growing up

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

Really? You're so bitter about his comments you have to say something ridiculous like that? Boomer solidified the QB position during his brief time here. They had a shaky defense in those years so they always choked, but Boomer certainly wasn't "sh1tty" by any stretch.

All League
    Didn't want to start another Tebow thread, so I'll ask it here -- rank the following backup QBs in the order you'd want to see them in emergency duty:

1) Tebow
    2) Brunell
    3) Clemens

I know that's not an all-star list by any means, but it's been the Jets back-up QB situation for years now. Personally, my list is how I wrote them so I don't understand the "major mistake" of having Tebow as a backup (even though he'll supposedly fill other roles) when it appears it's still an upgrade over what we've settled for the past few seasons . . .

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Really? You're so bitter about his comments you have to say something ridiculous like that? Boomer solidified the QB position during his brief time here. They had a shaky defense in those years so they always choked, but Boomer certainly wasn't "sh1tty" by any stretch.
    Threw alot of bad picks...from what I remember, but Overall I thought he played decent, he did go on to Arizona and tore it up for a couple more years after here

Veteran
    He has a valid point. Tebow has been beyond awful in camp. At this point you really have to wonder is the controversy and distraction really worth a couple wildcat plays a game? Speaking honestly, the point has been made to Sanchez. He's having a good camp and I'm sure between Tebow and the fanbase pretty much despising him this entire offseason he knows his leash is short. Seriously, who really wants to see Tebow playing QB at all?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I agree. This was a horrible signing
    +1

It's a PR stunt to distract from last season's disaster and to try to sell tickets to this season's disaster. Keep the Giants off the back pages, but the Jets on them.

It's nothing to be taken seriously. He's not going to get any playing time, wouldn't matter even if he did.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Didn't want to start another Tebow thread, so I'll ask it here -- rank the following backup QBs in the order you'd want to see them in emergency duty:

1) Tebow
    2) Brunell
    3) Clemens

I know that's not an all-star list by any means, but it's been the Jets back-up QB situation for years now. Personally, my list is how I wrote them so I don't understand the "major mistake" of having Tebow as a backup (even though he'll supposedly fill other roles) when it appears it's still an upgrade over what we've settled for the past few seasons . . .
    1) Drew Stanton.

_

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Not bitter at all, like your WSS/NM ranting and suchlike.

Did you actually watch Boomer stink it up at Jets games like I did? The 36 fumbles? The 17 wins in 3 seasons?

He's already called Sanchez "skittish" ..."chihuahua"

Let's see how Tebow fares in at least one live game situation before we pass judgment on his play.

As for who plays, I just want to see wins.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 08-06-2012 at 09:59 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

1) Tebow
    2) Brunell
    3) Clemens

I believe the "major mistake" is having a backup QB who can't throw.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Check out my new sig.....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

It's a PR stunt to distract from last season's disaster and to try to sell tickets to this season's disaster. Keep the Giants off the back pages, but the Jets on them.

It's nothing to be taken seriously. He's not going to get any playing time, wouldn't matter even if he did.

SAR I
    I think Tebow could potentially be a minor asset for the team if he's deployed in the wild cat and throws opposing defenses off guard.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yea, I have heard him say he grew up a Giants fan, but I do remember him also saying he was a bigger hockey fan (Rangers of course)than football fan growing up
    He was a Baltimore Colts fan growing up. He's said that numerous times on the radio.

Frankly, I think his idea is hilarious and also true. Forget this gimmicky bull****, the team should shore up resources where they're thin -- namely at WR. This circus with Tebow is so clownish.

All League
    Doesn't happen often, but boomer is right

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Indeed. If the Jets want any value out of him, take that red practice jersey off of him and make him a full time special teams player.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    I think Tebow could potentially be a minor asset for the team if he's deployed in the wild cat and throws opposing defenses off guard.
    A minor asset yes, but a major distraction. Hence not worth it. I agree with Sar just a publicity stunt that doesn't make the team better, just makes them more news worthy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

SAR I
    the tebow signing is working and keeping the giants off the back pages, the probelm is, when the games matter, the giants will once again be in the playoffs and make another run for a SB, and the jets can spend the time not being in the playoffs, polishing the 4 lombardis the giants have won.