Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 172 of 172

Thread: Boomer Esiasonís Memo To Jets: Cut Tim Tebow!

  1. #161
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    The idiocy of "hey, let's reinvent the NFL" is...idiotic.

    _
    You could be right.

    But as stated, this is the exact argument used againt such horrible ideas like the Relief Pitcher, Defenseive substitutions/packages, the Forward Pass and the West Coast offense.



    We are what we are, we may as well try and get the most out of the talent we have. If that means the ball in Tebows hands as a runner of some kind 5 times a game, so be it. I'm open for trying something new. Of course, in your defense, it was also used against the Run-&-Shoot.....although one could say the Run-&-Shoot was one progenitor(of many) to todays generally pass-happy, pass-first, pass second, run only when forced Offenses.

    It seems though, alot of Jets fans simply aren't. I can resepct that, even if I disagree with it.

    In my view, the 2012 Jets will be successful first if we can run the ball with RB, second if Sanchex doesn't throw INT's or fumble so often, and third if we can utilize Tebow enough to keep Defenses from concentrating on Sanchez's thus-far-obvious-and-exploited weaknesses. This assumes our D will be our D, i.e. Top 10, of course.

    I'm excited to see games, even pre-season. I reject the pre-emptive doom-and-gloom common elsewhere on the forum. Put simply, and coming from a generally consistent pessimist, I don't see reason to write us off at this stage of the year as many here are already doing.
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-08-2012 at 11:19 AM.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No, he's not.

    Give it a rest.

    _
    You having trouble reading the depth chart?

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #163
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

    But as stated, this is the exact argument used againt such horrible ideas like the Relief Pitcher, Defenseive substitutions/packages, the Forward Pass and the West Coast offense.
    Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

    I'm excited to see games, even pre-season. I reject the pre-emptive doom-and-gloom common elsewhere on the forum. Put simply, and coming from a generally consistent pessimist, I don't see reason to write us off at this stage of the year as many here are already doing.
    I'm the opposite of a doom and gloomer. Can't wait for the games--especially the preseason games and I think we're going to have an outstanding year.

    _

  4. #164
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You having trouble reading the depth chart?

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeez, give it a rest already, you're like a broken record. The guy's a good football player--he's a crap QB.

    I know, you follow me around, you gotta get the last word in so go ahead with your snappy comeback and defense of your savior.

    Go ahead, going out for a while anyway, have the last word.

    _

  5. #165
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You could be right.

    But as stated, this is the exact argument used againt such horrible ideas like the Relief Pitcher, Defenseive substitutions/packages, the Forward Pass and the West Coast offense.



    We are what we are, we may as well try and get the most out of the talent we have. If that means the ball in Tebows hands as a runner of some kind 5 times a game, so be it. I'm open for trying something new. Of course, in your defense, it was also used against the Run-&-Shoot.....although one could say the Run-&-Shoot was one progenitor(of many) to todays generally pass-happy, pass-first, pass second, run only when forced Offenses.

    It seems though, alot of Jets fans simply aren't. I can resepct that, even if I disagree with it.

    In my view, the 2012 Jets will be successful first if we can run the ball with RB, second if Sanchex doesn't throw INT's or fumble so often, and third if we can utilize Tebow enough to keep Defenses from concentrating on Sanchez's thus-far-obvious-and-exploited weaknesses. This assumes our D will be our D, i.e. Top 10, of course.

    I'm excited to see games, even pre-season. I reject the pre-emptive doom-and-gloom common elsewhere on the forum. Put simply, and coming from a generally consistent pessimist, I don't see reason to write us off at this stage of the year as many here are already doing.
    Thank you for this post.

    I think this is the best post I've read in quite a while.

    The point is the Jets are going to use Tebow in scenario's in which he can help the team win.

    The NYJ believe their best chance to win with the talent they have is to try and establish the run first and leverage Tebow in short yardage and goal-line situations. For it to work they'll need to be a top 3 defense though!!

    Would love to see it work!!!

    I believe it will.

  6. #166
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,562
    Boomer Esiason is not Matt Simms father

  7. #167
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Really?
    Yes.

    Change is always denounced as unpossible by the conservative/traditional in any group.

    Change is always difficult and unpopular, till it proves itself valid.

    And, honestly, alot of change.....fails.

    So yes, really.

    I'm the opposite of a doom and gloomer. Can't wait for the games--especially the preseason games and I think we're going to have an outstanding year.

    _
    The entire post was not aimed at you personally. Hence why the quoted portion mentions "elsewhere in the forum", as opposed to my usual "quote exactly what you said" style.

    I would agree you are not a doom-and-gloomer, generally speaking. If I recall, your primary doubt reside specificly with teh Tebow Trade/Woody $>Wins idea.

  8. #168
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,077
    Making a statement about Esiason's harsh remark. It's quite obvious that he doesn't like the move the Jets made to get tebow and it may have been more of a publicity stunt and ticket seller than anything else but you still can't take away the fact that he got to the playoffs including a win against the jets. He adds a good fella image to a media bashed locker room which will hopefully spread amongst the players. He is a hard nosed tough football player and can definitely help this team in certain situations such as goal line plays.

    That being said he will not be rivaling Sanchez for the starting QB position anytime soon unlike what the media likes to believe and write about. You can't blame them either because Tebow is just that popular. He had denver in such a frenzy last year it was incredible to be there and see. He did however look totally figured out by New England as they made a huge statement as to how to beat Tebow. Why would the Jets want to start Tebow against the Pats twice a year? Sanchez has beaten the Pats before and he will again with Tebow on the field! They can call him the backup for now but in the event something goes wrong with sanchez don't expect tebow to be the starter for long. The talent we have under him right now is far superior and we will see that in the next few weeks. Go Jets!!!!!

  9. #169
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    23,009
    it's really good that there is at least a meaningless BS preseason game on the schedule in only TWO days

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Jeez, give it a rest already, you're like a broken record. The guy's a good football player--he's a crap QB.

    I know, you follow me around, you gotta get the last word in so go ahead with your snappy comeback and defense of your savior.

    Go ahead, going out for a while anyway, have the last word.

    _

    That's pretty funny. You're the one running your mouth, saying stupid and untrue ****, running down one of our players, and when I call you on it, you say that I need to give it a rest ?

    Newsflash for ya sunshine, Tebow was drafted as an NFL QB, he started 3 games in 2010 as an NFL QB, he started 13 games last year as an NFL QB. He won a playoff game last year as an NFL QB and to date, he has a 9-7 record as an NFL QB. Lastly, he was traded to the Jets where the farking coaching staff has said that he's the #$32 QB.

    Now, if you have any trouble understanding that and getting it through your head, just let me know and I'll see if I can bring it down a couple more levels to try and make it easier for you to understand.

  11. #171
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Yes.

    Change is always denounced as unpossible by the conservative/traditional in any group.

    Change is always difficult and unpopular, till it proves itself valid.

    And, honestly, alot of change.....fails.

    So yes, really.

    Ok, I just thought it was funny you comparing the evolution of relief pitchers and defensive substitutions and the forward pass to an offensive return to the 1940s.

    Like the design engineers at Microsoft saying "hey, why don't we try mag cards again".

    _

  12. #172
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No. No he isn't.
    Yes. Yes he is.

    "Listen, you saw that last year with Denver, I saw it, everybody saw it and ... the result was pretty good when he got in there," Parcells said. "Now, why is he a Jet? I don't know why. But quite apparently, they think they can use this guy ... for something. So, I'm pretty sure they didn't bring him in there to watch, so he's gonna play" -- Bill Parcells
    Proof right there that Tuna sees TT as another starter and not a JAG backup.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us