Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Our TE situation

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Our TE situation

Are you guys satisfied with our TE situation? I'm not sure what to expect from Keller anymore. He shows flashes of greatness, but is very inconsistent. Is it because he has trouble getting open or was Schottenheimer's offense not TE friendly?

Behind Keller we have Cumberland and Baker. I haven't heard much about them at all this summer. I hope Cumberland's achilles healed because he seemed like he was on the way to becoming a decent player. I read today in the Star Ledger that Baker will play the complicated "F" position in Sparano's offense. Sparano compared Baker's skill set to Chris Cooley's. That'd be nice!

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._hes_in_a.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. There is nobody who can block at all, not even a little bit.

I'm interested to see what Cumberland can do but they have to get a blocker.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have seen everything hands of stone keller is going to give us. hes not going to be getting any better. he has reached his peak.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    we have seen everything hands of stone keller is going to give us. hes not going to be getting any better. he has reached his peak.
    Until he got injured last year Keller was our MVP on O. Not that that is saying a whole lot but it is something to look at. He made some good plays and was Sanchez go to guy. He started dropping a few passes when he came back and now he has hands of stone?? Keller on most any other team would be considered a top 5 catching TE. Yeah not a block I can work with that. Would I like anther option at TE yeah Keller can't do it all and sense our RB isn't all hands either we could use anther. Cumby has some talent there is definitely a concern though. I was actually shocked we didn't add a vet blocking TE. Maybe one gets dropped after camp.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I expect Keller to have a breakout year especially with Retardaheimer finally gone as the OC. We still lack a functional blocking TE on the roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, stone hands.

You're clueless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big Dan is a big ol troll, and not a very good one. Probably isn't even very big.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes, stone hands.

You're clueless.
    Keller had a couple bad drops last season but overall he's been a good receiving TE. Call me an optimist but with Holmes and Hill stretching the field and better, less predictable playcalling I think Keller and Sanchez are going to be linking up this year to the tune of 70+ catches and 1,000+ yards.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller did have some bad drops, but sanchez also needs to use more touch on his short passes. Greene also had a "drop" go through his hands that was picked off, that was drilled at him so hard, he had no chance.

As far as Baker, is he that bad of a blocker? I know he is looked at as more of an H-Back, but he also comes in around 245 which at 6'3 isnt THAT small.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rotoworld actually has a posting this morning that Evan Moore of the Browns is currently running 4th on their depth chart. He was injured so not sure how much weight to put into the listing, but the browns have a rookie Jordan Cameron who is definitely going to make the roster, along with Alex Smith and Ben Watson, so maybe there will be an odd man out?

He is 6'6 250 lbs, so could be a good option for us.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was sorta hoping the DK would have become a mini TG, maybe this is the year he becomes more than a baby blanket for Sanchez?