Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Who's out there at wideout?

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Who's out there at wideout?

    Obviously Plaxico and T.O. are out.

    Who else is out there in terms of veteran depth? Anybody?

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently there's a rumor going around the Jets are interested in trading for Percy Harvin. Take it with a grain of salt.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is an exact reason why this organization will never win anything.

    We are wondering about this now? Last season ended in February last year, FA began in March, they had all of this time to go out and improve the offense and what did they do?

    Trade for a qb controversey and that's it. I do not count rookies like Stephen Hill because who knows.

    No RT
    No additional RB's
    No additional WR's
    No Pass rush since John Abraham
    No team speed

    But we DO have a QB controversey.

    I can not recall being so down on my team/orgainzation in a long, long time...

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    Apparently there's a rumor going around the Jets are interested in trading for Percy Harvin. Take it with a grain of salt.
    I heard the Vikings have no interest in trading him even though he wants out...

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Repost

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    Apparently there's a rumor going around the Jets are interested in trading for Percy Harvin. Take it with a grain of salt.
    biggest grain of salt possible.

    Incarcerated Bob 'reported' it

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    This is an exact reason why this organization will never win anything.

    We are wondering about this now? Last season ended in February last year, FA began in March, they had all of this time to go out and improve the offense and what did they do?

    Trade for a qb controversey and that's it. I do not count rookies like Stephen Hill because who knows.

    No RT
    No additional RB's
    No additional WR's
    No Pass rush since John Abraham
    No team speed

    But we DO have a QB controversey.

    I can not recall being so down on my team/orgainzation in a long, long time...
    I know, this front office has only how many AFCCG appearances versus every other jet front office in the last 40 years? get a grip.

    No team Speed? Hello, i would like to introduce you to Stephen Hill, Coples, maybin and Davis. Jets front office has done a great job adding team speed.

    No additional Wrs....except that we added one in the Second Round.

    No RT? Yes, i am sure other teams were just giving away quality RTs. Its not like its an important position or anything.

    Before the start of last season EVERY Giant fan was complaining because their Front Office didn't make any significant signings. Half way through the season they wanted Coughlin gone. Want to remind me how their season ended?

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    A team that has a ton of WRs -- some young, somewhat talented ones -- and might be looking to shed one is the Rams. Like a Danario Alexander. He might be more fragile than Schilens but he's still young and talented. And not an old retread with 4.65 speed.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keyshawn Johnson, Lavernaeous Coles, Dedric Ward, and probably Alex Van Dyke!

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Wallace.

    I can dream.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Mike Wallace.

    I can dream.
    No thanks. The Steelers already saddled us with their crappy over-hyped posession receiver. They won't send us the one with talent.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    This is an exact reason why this organization will never win anything.

    We are wondering about this now? Last season ended in February last year, FA began in March, they had all of this time to go out and improve the offense and what did they do?

    Trade for a qb controversey and that's it. I do not count rookies like Stephen Hill because who knows.

    No RT
    No additional RB's
    No additional WR's
    No Pass rush since John Abraham
    No team speed

    But we DO have a QB controversey.

    I can not recall being so down on my team/orgainzation in a long, long time...

    I disagree with this 100%. Part of the Jets biggest issue in my opinion is never having the confidence to fully commit to our draft picks and let them develop, as we should do in this case. We are always chasing veteran stop gap guys and we never develop our own talent. We need to look to Pittsburgh on how to develop a team and stop always trying to develop the team through free agency and trading away valuable draft picks.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I disagree with this 100%. Part of the Jets biggest issue in my opinion is never having the confidence to fully commit to our draft picks and let them develop, as we should do in this case. We are always chasing veteran stop gap guys and we never develop our own talent. We need to look to Pittsburgh on how to develop a team and stop always trying to develop the team through free agency and trading away valuable draft picks.

    While I agree about the Pittsburgh way of developing players, Im not sure what you mean by “we don’t do that?”
    Mangold, Revis, Harris, Dbrick, Moore, Slauson, Pouha, BT, Keller, Hill, Greene, Wilkerson, and Sanchez….is that not enough drafted and developed players for you?
    Yes we took some chances on vets like bart, holmes, cro, and pace in the past and Bell/Landry this year, but that was to fill specific holes, and is something every team does.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    This is an exact reason why this organization will never win anything.

    We are wondering about this now? Last season ended in February last year, FA began in March, they had all of this time to go out and improve the offense and what did they do?

    Trade for a qb controversey and that's it. I do not count rookies like Stephen Hill because who knows.

    No RT
    No additional RB's
    No additional WR's
    No Pass rush since John Abraham
    No team speed

    But we DO have a QB controversey.

    I can not recall being so down on my team/orgainzation in a long, long time...
    Care to discuss what options you would have pursued given the cap situation?

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    TO would bt the perfect addtition to our three ring circus. both him and holmes could really get into it with sanchez when , sanchez continues his typical 3 yard passes and dump offs to the RB's.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think their plan all along was to follow what NE is doing and load up on TE packages, talks about running the ball and hope for mismatches where big LBs are trying to defend Keller and Cumberland in the flat.

    Could work if they just made Tebow an H-Back and stopped calling him a QB.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I know, this front office has only how many AFCCG appearances versus every other jet front office in the last 40 years? get a grip.

    No team Speed? Hello, i would like to introduce you to Stephen Hill, Coples, maybin and Davis. Jets front office has done a great job adding team speed.

    No additional Wrs....except that we added one in the Second Round.

    No RT? Yes, i am sure other teams were just giving away quality RTs. Its not like its an important position or anything.

    Before the start of last season EVERY Giant fan was complaining because their Front Office didn't make any significant signings. Half way through the season they wanted Coughlin gone. Want to remind me how their season ended?
    Exactly. Give me a breakman!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us