Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets Brawl at training camp

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm usually optimistic, but this was no run of the mill camp fight.

y'all are drinking some koolaid, *****es!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I'm usually optimistic, but this was no run of the mill camp fight.

y'all are drinking some koolaid, *****es!
    Q, I saw the video. As someone who has seen their share of actual melees, this wasn't. It was two kids going at it while the rest of the team tried to break it up. Watch the video again and you'll see what I'm talking about. Guys are approaching the pile, trying to avoid getting hurt to break it up. Melees, guys jump in with reckless abandon looking to get theirs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great. Now we have that idiot Kriegal on NFL AM saying Rex has lost control of the team. I seriously hate that guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media coverage of the team is just insane, and its not good....fortunatley its far from the end of the world.

That being said, the worst part about the fighting yesterday is apparently Cro started 2 of them. I know he has a TON of defenders on this board, as i have "discussed" his value with them on many occasions, but this is the stuff that negates any talent the guy has.

Hes going after Hill??????? First off, I hope Hill is carrying bags, helmets, and anything else the vets can make him do. But once they hit the field, he needs to be TAUGHT and HELPED, not threatened by someone like Cro that "if you do that again, im going to punch you in the face". Its too bad Hill is a good teammate who listens to the coach becasue hill would beat the pi$$ out of cro.

This stuff out of cro is just so fustrating. His lack of dicipline in this scenario is exactly what he does on the field with all the penalties and it hurts us time and again. Just drives me crazy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Great. Now we have that idiot Kriegal on NFL AM saying Rex has lost control of the team. I seriously hate that guy.
    I don't think that the 2nd fight shows an example if Rex losing control of the team. But Rex is the one who stood in front of the cameras and said to the media that he lost control of the team. When a head coach admits it once, every time examples of lack of discipline appear the media will hark back to that statement.

Rex has to remain what he is as a person and coach, You can't be the players buddy and then the next year become the hard guy, the players know it is an act and see thru it. An example of this was Pete Carrol in NE,
    after chafing under Parcells (Mangini) The opposite style coach was brought on. After two years of a players coach the players started to run amok, Carrol then tried to be a hard guy in the third year and the players did not buy it. The Pats then went out and got another hard ass.

This falls on David Harris and Mangold to get the players in line. Rex gave each of them generous contracts and they should toe the line for the coach in the locker room. Normally I would have chosen Sanchez and Scott, but the jets moves this last season (exploring trading Scott and Getting Tebow) may have may have undermined their leadership positions.)

The jets made a "corporate" decision to embrace the media (agree with SAR)
    as a jump start to ticket sales and in an attempt to get the back page from the giants. Hard knocks, pal pal press conferences, unlimited player access, encouraging the players to be bombastic, After all the negative media coverage surrounding the team last January, what does Ownership do, invite ESPN to camp for more attention.

Don't blame the media, they are not part of the team and they don't have the best interests of the team at heart. They want a story and Rex lets the have access to the players. Granted Rex did tell Cro to shut his pie hole and for 1 week it seems to be working. Holmes I just think is a lost cause to Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't think that the 2nd fight shows an example if Rex losing control of the team. But Rex is the one who stood in front of the cameras and said to the media that he lost control of the team. When a head coach admits it once, every time examples of lack of discipline appear the media will hark back to that statement.

Rex has to remain what he is as a person and coach, You can't be the players buddy and then the next year become the hard guy, the players know it is an act and see thru it. An example of this was Pete Carrol in NE,
    after chafing under Parcells (Mangini) The opposite style coach was brought on. After two years of a players coach the players started to run amok, Carrol then tried to be a hard guy in the third year and the players did not buy it. The Pats then went out and got another hard ass.

This falls on David Harris and Mangold to get the players in line. Rex gave each of them generous contracts and they should toe the line for the coach in the locker room. Normally I would have chosen Sanchez and Scott, but the jets moves this last season (exploring trading Scott and Getting Tebow) may have may have undermined their leadership positions.)

The jets made a "corporate" decision to embrace the media (agree with SAR)
    as a jump start to ticket sales and in an attempt to get the back page from the giants. Hard knocks, pal pal press conferences, unlimited player access, encouraging the players to be bombastic, After all the negative media coverage surrounding the team last January, what does Ownership do, invite ESPN to camp for more attention.

Don't blame the media, they are not part of the team and they don't have the best interests of the team at heart. They want a story and Rex lets the have access to the players. Granted Rex did tell Cro to shut his pie hole and for 1 week it seems to be working. Holmes I just think is a lost cause to Rex.
    Good Post......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Cro was yesterday's big instigator - guess its better than cranking out more kids.

Hopefully, the wind sprints sent a message....