Thread: Jets want a punter or in the market to get one

Jets want a punter or in the market to get one

Raiders will be show casing a Young one on national TV. (cards fall right and there could be some decent offers for him)

I don't know if this was the plan( Lechler supposedly been out with a knee injury- who knows if he really hurt or Raiders are just showcasing the young punter)

Raiders have a younger punter (Marquette King) they been letting do all the punting in camp so far(this kid will get to punt the first two preseason games) He looks like a young Reggie roby. (very big leg just needs to be more consistent. His hang time can be between 5.0 and 5.6 with a lot of movement.
    Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Tommy Kelly yelling "Reggie Roby!" to punter Marquette King. "Go get yourself a job. Just not here." (that after he boomed some very big kicks in training camp)

Here is the point you want to be ground and pound and play great defense. (jets) You need a punter that can change the field.

The jets like every other team will get to see this kid kick on national TV next Monday night. They like what they see, I expect teams to make Reggie Mckenzie a pretty good offer.

Conley has a better leg...

As bad as Weatherford screwed up in the playoffs, he was stellar for us in the regular season of 2010 and was again last year for the Giants. Conley was subpar to average, and the field position game had alot to do with us going 11-5 in 2010 and 8-8 last year. I love Mike Westhoff as a coach. He's a genius when it comes to punt and kickoff returns and coverage, but his evaluation and decisions on both kickers and punters has been shotty at best. Don't forget he's the one behind us signing Brien, drafting Nugent (in the second round!!), signing and ditching feely, ditching Ben Graham, signing and ditching Weatherford, signing Folk, and now bringing in Josh Brown (who I really hope we don't sign!). It's like he can't just find a good guy and stick with him.

should never have gotten rid of weatherford. typical jets mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    should never have gotten rid of weatherford. typical jets mistake.
    Weshoff wanted him gone, he went on record saying it last year. I remember listening to him on the radio with Francessa and he was going on about the reasons he let Weatherford go, saying there are things that are evaluated that he was not good at, etc..

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Raiders will be show casing a Young one on national TV. (cards fall right and there could be some decent offers for him)

I don't know if this was the plan( Lechler supposedly been out with a knee injury- who knows if he really hurt or Raiders are just showcasing the young punter)

Raiders have a younger punter (Marquette King) they been letting do all the punting in camp so far(this kid will get to punt the first two preseason games) He looks like a young Reggie roby. (very big leg just needs to be more consistent. His hang time can be between 5.0 and 5.6 with a lot of movement.
    Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Tommy Kelly yelling "Reggie Roby!" to punter Marquette King. "Go get yourself a job. Just not here." (that after he boomed some very big kicks in training camp)

Here is the point you want to be ground and pound and play great defense. (jets) You need a punter that can change the field.

The jets like every other team will get to see this kid kick on national TV next Monday night. They like what they see, I expect teams to make Reggie Mckenzie a pretty good offer.
    Does he wear a Casio watch on the field?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumrunner View Post
    lol...well done. What a little known or easily forgotten fact.

The guy was trying to clock his hang time on each punt!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumrunner View Post
    http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/...ate-university

Personally I would stash him on IR this year with bogus injury and let him compete in 2013 for the starting Punting job. I think he wants to kick and unfortunately I think he will be punting for someone else this year.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Games are won through shoelaces

Jets Insider VIP
    Mat McBriar was available for months.

Another missed opportunity.

Coney just came off a pretty good year his 1st year in. No way we bail on him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    As bad as Weatherford screwed up in the playoffs, he was stellar for us in the regular season of 2010 and was again last year for the Giants. Conley was subpar to average, and the field position game had alot to do with us going 11-5 in 2010 and 8-8 last year. I love Mike Westhoff as a coach. He's a genius when it comes to punt and kickoff returns and coverage, but his evaluation and decisions on both kickers and punters has been shotty at best. Don't forget he's the one behind us signing Brien, drafting Nugent (in the second round!!), signing and ditching feely, ditching Ben Graham, signing and ditching Weatherford, signing Folk, and now bringing in Josh Brown (who I really hope we don't sign!). It's like he can't just find a good guy and stick with him.
    Did you do this on purpose, or did they actually change the spelling because of Brian.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Did you do this on purpose, or did they actually change the spelling because of Brian.
    it's quite possible.