Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ts waive Scotty McKnight and DeMarcus Gannaway

Hall Of Fame

ts waive Scotty McKnight and DeMarcus Gannaway

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    The Jets waived WRs Scotty McKnight and DaMarcus Ganaway

Cue the speculation.

Jets were at the maximum roster limit 0f 90 players for TC. By cutting two WRs, Jets can now add two new players.

Both new additions could be wideouts. Or maybe one is a OL or RB.

Interesting to see who they're going to bring in.

All League
    Here comes Percy.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Here comes Percy.
    Now that's what I mean by interesting.

What a weapon he'd be in the slot...or anywhere else for that matter

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"Hey Scottie babe, it's Hayden. Listen, I've been thinking about it and I can't make our trip out to meet your parents this weekend. Sorry about that.
    I've got this thing with my girlfriends and, you know, well, gotta run. Call me maybe when you get back, or text, whatever."

SAR I

Sucks, thought McKnight had potential...

So rumor has it McKnight was actually cut for fighting and was made an example of.

We had two guys named McKnight and two guys named Ganaway on our team?

Odd.

DC

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    So rumor has it McKnight was actually cut for fighting and was made an example of.
    Link?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If you're trying to start a rumor, at least pick the the right McKnight to start one with.

STeiny will cry today. He guaranteed Ganaway would make the team.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...4-eb480dcb1aa4

Posted 11 hours ago

By Jets Media Relations Department

a a The New York Jets have waived wide receivers Scotty McKnight and DaMarcus Ganaway. The announcement was made by general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

McKnight (5'11", 182) was originally drafted in the seventh round (227th overall) by the Jets in 2011. He spent training camp with the club before being waived and joining the practice squad on Sept. 20. He suffered an ACL injury in practice and was placed on Practice Squad Injured Reserve on Nov. 1. McKnight rejoined the Jets when he signed a reserve future contract on March 27.

Ganaway (6'2", 185) was signed to a reserve future contract with the Jets on Jan. 17. He started 34 of 40 games at Kentucky Wesleyan and finished his college career with 214 receptions for 2,653 yards and 22 touchdowns. He did not play football in 2011.

I hope the Jets trade for Percy Harvin. You need more playmakers. After 2013 Holmes is gone. The future WR's could be Hill, Harvin and Kerly. Make it happen Tanny!

you have to assume tanny knows what he's doing here, waiving 2 wrs when they have so many injured wrs....but what?

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    you have to assume tanny knows what he's doing here, waiving 2 wrs when they have so many injured wrs....but what?
    I thought the move was odd for those reasons as well. Who are their healthy WRs that are practicing? Hill and.......???

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    I thought the move was odd for those reasons as well. Who are their healthy WRs that are practicing? Hill and.......???
    have to assume tanny is doing something. wr was a question mark heading into the season if everyone were healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    have to assume tanny is doing something. wr was a question mark heading into the season if everyone were healthy.
    Have to imagine so. Having Sanchez work with Hill (a rookie....but very promising) and Patrick Turner at this point isn't fair to him or the entire offense for that matter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    The Jets waived WRs Scotty McKnight and DaMarcus Ganaway

Cue the speculation.
    To paraphrase Bart H at the NY Post: If the Jets are desperate for WR depth and you still get cut ...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Its not odd when you consider the fact they were both injured and not participating, and even IF healthy were long shots at making the team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its not odd when you consider the fact they were both injured and not participating, and even IF healthy were long shots at making the team anyway.
    Good point. If they weren't going to play this week or next, might as well move on even though they need bodies to take reps Friday night.