Thread: So I was supposed to meet this hottie at an aa meeting

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    The real Octo*****.

Jets Insider VIP
    Grotesque yet ..seriously wtf

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Congratulations with that sig and avatar you found a foolproof method of not getting hit on.

speak for yourself, softerside

Veteran
    At 8 30 and I totally chickened out. Shes too hot and I'm constantly anxious around her and second guessing everything I do. Feel like im in high school with this one.

Today she found out her ex was having a kid and was real upset and vulnerable. And said I should stop by her meeting. Don't want to be a Dick but could have been perfect opportunity doesn't matter I pussed out anyhow. Probably would have been taking advantage of her and wrong to begin with Wtf is wrong with me? Who the **** am I becoming?
    You did right, ragu. Don't beat yourself up. You're being a good man, so nothing is wrong with you. If you had gone to the meeting, she would probably have let something happen since she's "vulnerable" (been there, done that). But then afterward she would probably have hated herself and not wanted to see you again because of it. Now you can go see her when she's not so raw from what her ex did and still be supportive. Then you can take the relationship to the next step if that's what you want.

Oh, and 2007 was a very good year for poster sign-ups.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    Then you can take the relationship to the next step if that's what you want.
    Yes... because recent history shows that he's really looking to take the next step.

If you had gone to the meeting, she would probably have let something happen since she's "vulnerable" (been there, done that).

Bewildered Beast
    I dont want to be friends anymore
    whatsa matta with your schween that you need aa batteries?

You could call her and cry.

All League
    Yes... because recent history shows that he's really looking to take the next step.
    AA step 8: find some crazy, hot, drugged up biotch and **** the **** out of her.

Actually if AA advertised this step a bit more prominently it might inspire many more people on the road to recovery.

Jets Insider VIP
    A single guy with a poodle that doesn't take advantage of women...

shocking.

:flaccidalien:

Jets Insider VIP
    You did right, ragu. Don't beat yourself up. You're being a good man, so nothing is wrong with you. If you had gone to the meeting, she would probably have let something happen since she's "vulnerable" (been there, done that). But then afterward she would probably have hated herself and not wanted to see you again because of it. Now you can go see her when she's not so raw from what her ex did and still be supportive. Then you can take the relationship to the next step if that's what you want.

Oh, and 2007 was a very good year for poster sign-ups.
    Thank you pretty lady.
    Kiss my ass

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    whatsa matta with your schween that you need aa batteries?

You could call her and cry.
    Kiss his ass

A single guy with a poodle that doesn't take advantage of women...

shocking.

:flaccidalien:
    Kiss your own ass

Bewildered Beast
    I c wut u did theer....even though it was an unoriginal, offensive, San Francisco stereotype.

you big fag

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I c wut u did theer....even though it was an unoriginal, offensive, San Francisco stereotype.

you big fag

Veteran
    At 8 30 and I totally chickened out. Shes too hot and I'm constantly anxious around her and second guessing everything I do. Feel like im in high school with this one.

Today she found out her ex was having a kid and was real upset and vulnerable. And said I should stop by her meeting. Don't want to be a Dick but could have been perfect opportunity doesn't matter I pussed out anyhow. Probably would have been taking advantage of her and wrong to begin with Wtf is wrong with me? Who the **** am I becoming?
    The pre-existing problem is, of course, that you are not meant to be schtomping fellow AA members ... frowned upon but I'm told everyone does it anyway.

It was an opportunity missed but if you have her phone number, simply bypass all this nonsense and ask her out to dinner.

Alternatively you could invite her to a pre-season game; but that would require a little more scheduling work with the current short-tempered Giants fan still on the scene.

It definitely takes work doing this kind of thing sober but you have managed to do it up to this point so to very roughly paraphrase Parcells ... just look in the mirror and tell yourself what a lucky girl she is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The good news is you seem to have bounced back nicely from the woman you were going to marry last Thursday.

As a bonus I hear Alan Alda types are making a comeback, bravo gootz

Jets Insider VIP

sounds like you're putting the ***** on a pedestal. very bad. I don't even know you anymore. find your balls, and go do this chick doggie for a few hours, awight?

damn.

Veteran
    First of all Ragu, thanks for bringing back a Gleason Avi, 2nd of all, your reasons for quiting drinking are obviously different from hers. She has a problem, a problem that WILL rear up its head when things go bad. Her current state is unsafe for her and you might save her from a huge backslide simply by giving her a little. Then your a hero.... with your penis.
    Last edited by RazorJet; 08-07-2012 at 09:01 AM.

All Pro
    You are what you always have been grasshopper -
    a leper never changes its spots

I think you both need time to "recover"

Just sayin

dude where were you?...we waited till 09:30...had a blast...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Sounds like the kinda girl you should bring to the Hampur Union.