Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NYP: Jets coaches comparing Landry to Ravens' Reed

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I heard Landry stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night too....
    with his monkey.

So is Landry now our 3rd best WR?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I thought Kerry Rhodes was Ed Reed.

Kerry was talented, but soft, IMO. Nevertheless, I think we should have kept him.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Priceless!

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    WOw - the Daily Double...and you bet everything. Outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Listen I love everything about the Jets and have for most of my life, howver comparing Landry to arguably one of the greatest to have played the position is silly, and something I thought the team was going to get away from. Let's go win some games first okay.
    ridiculous, I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I doubt Thurman brought up the Ed Reed comparison on his own. The quote sounds as if somebody asked him if Landry can be the Jets "Ed Reed" and he answered honestly saying he might be a better athlete. He is bigger, faster and stronger, so that isn't hard to believe. Reed has instincts and a knack of being around the ball that Landry will prolly never have.
    Agreed. What the Jets need from him is to lay the lumber on people esp those TE's in NE and other mofo coming through the middle. Pass coverage if above average would be a bonus.

“We haven’t had a group like this since we’ve been here,” Thurman said.
    In fairness to Thurman the group at safety has been terrible since Rhodes was dumped. Any upgrade is likely to be a huge upgrade. I take it with a grain of salt but any realistic Jets fan knows safety needed an upgrade. I expect better play at the position which is a huge plus.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    In fairness to Thurman the group at safety has been terrible since Rhodes was dumped. Any upgrade is likely to be a huge upgrade. I take it with a grain of salt but any realistic Jets fan knows safety needed an upgrade. I expect better play at the position which is a huge plus.
    These guys are actually good safeties. That is a huge upgrade for a defense that's been covering for them. They are actually pretty special tacklers, so it has that added benefit in short yardage, goal line, and if we want to play dime and still be able to stop the run, a'la Pats that one drive where they wouldn't let us substitute.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Let's see, our safeties from last year: Pool can't pass a conditioning test, Leonard has the bones of an eighty year old woman, and Smith runs around like he's carrying a permanent dump. Yeah, I'd say Landry, Bell, and even the rookie, Allen, are slight upgrades on that. But of course we have posters here who claim we've made questionable improvements at safety...

Be very leery of NY Jet coaches anointing anybody for anything. I mean, in their minds, every Jet is the best at his position in the league. Its all about the Rex culture of egomania.