Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 8/7 Practice and news thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Some of you guys are such drama queens...
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
    Demario Davis echoes sentiments of others, says it's time to hit other guys. Rookie LB said players are "brothers" #nyj

Stephen Hill said #jets are not undisciplined, just eager to play someone else. Added Cro wasn't yelling @ him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Demario Davis echoes sentiments of others, says it's time to hit other guys. Rookie LB said players are "brothers" #nyj

Stephen Hill said #jets are not undisciplined, just eager to play someone else. Added Cro wasn't yelling @ him.
    Two rooks speaking up. I like.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like a terrific practice with the Jets looking forward to hitting Bengals on Friday night

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....Ok so Rex calls everyone to huddle up and says "I am just doing this for the media, I really want you guys to continue to fight, I am just making it look like I dont want you to".
    Its not uncommon for coaches to come out publicly against fighting while telling a player or two (that he trusts) to pick a fight. So while you want to think that Rex has lost all control, i think he is getting his team fired up and ready to go.

IF some players on the defense started coming out to the media, complaining about how bad the offense was playing, then there is an issue. If players start calling out other players (like Holmes last year), then there is an issue. But some skirmishes during practice is always good to see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFANsince1960 View Post
    sounds like a terrific practice with the Jets looking forward to hitting Bengals on Friday night
    Sounds like they're out of control to me. They're laughing, and fighting, and I'll bet they're cursing too. What are we to do?

Sounds like a good day for Baker. FB/TE/outlet receiver. Very important position to bring up completion % and to bring down ints.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Its not uncommon for coaches to come out publicly against fighting while telling a player or two (that he trusts) to pick a fight. So while you want to think that Rex has lost all control, i think he is getting his team fired up and ready to go.

IF some players on the defense started coming out to the media, complaining about how bad the offense was playing, then there is an issue. If players start calling out other players (like Holmes last year), then there is an issue. But some skirmishes during practice is always good to see.
    If it's offense defense it's okay. If it's a fight between two offensive players, that's not so good. Yes Rex had done to Gholston a couple years ago.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    When did aggression become a bad thing in football?

I swear people find anything to b!tch about on this site.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez then picked by David Harris at goal line.
    Put in Tebow. Oh wait. Its probably to early for this. I'll wait till week 1. Please disregard for now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Put in Tebow. Oh wait. Its probably to early for this. I'll wait till week 1. Please disregard for now.
    I dont think cherry picking tidbits from training camp is a good way to support your Tebow over Sanchez theory.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really want to see Tebow involved in a scuffle.... for science

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I'll disregard all season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    DeVito on Rex's punishment: "You know, as a big guy, you never want to be running gassers. No fight is worth running gassers."

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    S. Holmes (rib/cartiledge) has no lateral or rotational movement, only straight ahead. Said he's not frustrated. Said it's about longevity.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-07-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody Johnson ‏@woodyjohnson4
    Rex’s message to the team today - be competitive, not combative. Team will be ready for Fri night’s game against Bengals.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Eric Smith: We aren't practicing the way we should be right now."

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Aaron Maybin had two sacks today. I'd think he's had at least one sack every practice during camp. Leads the NFL in training camp sacks.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Love this from Eric Smith. On if Rex's message was received after the recent skirmishes: "I bet we don't have one tomorrow."
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-07-2012 at 11:52 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    When did aggression become a bad thing in football?

I swear people find anything to b!tch about on this site.
    Because anyone who knows sports knows that there is a fine line between aggression and hurting your team's chance of winning because of aggression.

What the JETS are doing is over the line. It screams of lack of discipline. Lack of discipline now TWO DAYS IN A ROW. Two days of focusing on why fighting is not god for winning championships. Wasted time running gassers risking injury when its not necessary if the team were more focused on winning rather than fighting. The same lack of discipline that gets 15 yard penalties that hurts the team's chance of winning. The same lack of discipline the team showed last season. The same lack of discipline the HC continues to show AFTER he has admitted he needs to improve.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    I really want to see Tebow involved in a scuffle.... for science
    yeah....for science.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    "Bilal Powell is a guy that continues to impress. He has really been impressive to me." - Rex

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Rex says he's never stopped a practice before to run gassers as a head coach.

Rex: "I just felt it needed to be done. I want them to understand that I'm serious about it."

Cromartie was physical with Keller, and Rex says, "I thought Cro was wrong in that situation."
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-07-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Because anyone who knows sports knows that there is a fine line between aggression and hurting your team's chance of winning because of aggression.

What the JETS are doing is over the line. It screams of lack of discipline. Lack of discipline now TWO DAYS IN A ROW. Two days of focusing on why fighting is not god for winning championships. Wasted time running gassers risking injury when its not necessary if the team were more focused on winning rather than fighting. The same lack of discipline that gets 15 yard penalties that hurts the team's chance of winning. The same lack of discipline the team showed last season. The same lack of discipline the HC continues to show AFTER he has admitted he needs to improve.......
    Yeah the Giants never do this, the Pats nope not. If it spills over into games then there is a problem. For now it's just the way it is, ON ALL TEAMS.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Pessimist- Team is not unified and coach losing control
    Optimisit- Team showing fire and heart.

Will put you down as a pessimist.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not necessarily. Rex addressed the team yesterday about fighting, so what do they do today? They fight. Then Rex addresses it yet again on the field and what do they do? They get into another scuffle not even 5 minutes later. Rex makes them run and then what happens? A D lineman cheap shots an O lineman sending him off the field on a cart. Not exactly confidence inspiring.
    LOL. Don't you love labels?