Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 8/7 Practice and news thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I assume you somehow know that while Rex publicly said he wanted the fighting to end he didn't (like many coaches) have a trusted player or two instigate a fight. Did you think Rex was going to tell the players "Keep on fighting!"

You are also assuming that it was a cheap shot and not simply an offensive lineman sticking up for a fellow offensive lineman.

Again, pessimists assume the worst. You are assuming Rex isn't under control and the fighting isn't something Rex wants.

Like KRL said, this offense finally has some heart and is pushing back against the defense. The defense isn't appreciating it,so they are pushing back. Sounds great to me. Then again, i am an optimist.
    I'm sorry but I can't find anything optimistic about one of our OL (a position of weakness in terms of depth) getting carted off the field with what could be an ACL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Mehta is reporting Landholt dislocated patellar tendon, out for year.
    And there it is. Great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....Ok so Rex calls everyone to huddle up and says "I am just doing this for the media, I really want you guys to continue to fight, I am just making it look like I dont want you to".
    +1 on the LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
    Stephen Hill said #jets are not undisciplined, just eager to play someone else. Added Cro wasn't yelling @ him.
    Probably was Cro's mating call.

He wants Hill to have his 10th baby.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Aaron Maybin had two sacks today. I'd think he's had at least one sack every practice during camp. Leads the NFL in training camp sacks.
    LOL, but by the same token...hell yeah!

Maybin represents the potential difference maker that leads to one or more extra wins in a season. Maybe the 99-yard TD pass to Cruz turns into a safety instead.

I don't know how he's getting these sacks, but if they're coming off of real pass-rush moves instead of the one "blow by the tackle" move we saw all last year, we might really have a successful reclamation project here.

Jets Insider VIP

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Love this from Eric Smith. On if Rex's message was received after the recent skirmishes: "I bet we don't have one tomorrow."
    I bet that was just for the media.

My guess is Rex secretly told E. Smith to say this to throw off the media.

Then Rex will secretly ask a couple of players tomorrow to start another fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't find anything optimistic about one of our OL (a position of weakness in terms of depth) getting carted off the field with what could be an ACL.
    Yup, we have conclusive proof that it was a cheap shot and that it was caused by the fighting. Players never get injured otherwise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Because anyone who knows sports knows that there is a fine line between aggression and hurting your team's chance of winning because of aggression.

What the JETS are doing is over the line. It screams of lack of discipline. Lack of discipline now TWO DAYS IN A ROW. Two days of focusing on why fighting is not god for winning championships. Wasted time running gassers risking injury when its not necessary if the team were more focused on winning rather than fighting. The same lack of discipline that gets 15 yard penalties that hurts the team's chance of winning. The same lack of discipline the team showed last season. The same lack of discipline the HC continues to show AFTER he has admitted he needs to improve.......

Of course a p-ssy like you doesn't understand.

I know this game a hell of a lot better than you obviously do, Nancy. Aggression doesn't mean trying to hurt someone. What it does mean is when you hit somebody, you want to make sure they remember it.

Rex wants us to be a physical team. In that environment tempers flare. Fights are almost guaranteed to happen.

We're b!tching about football players being too aggressive. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    LOL, but by the same token...hell yeah!

Maybin represents the potential difference maker that leads to one or more extra wins in a season. Maybe the 99-yard TD pass to Cruz turns into a safety instead.

I don't know how he's getting these sacks, but if they're coming off of real pass-rush moves instead of the one "blow by the tackle" move we saw all last year, we might really have a successful reclamation project here.
    Rex said that Maybin is just beating EVERYONE one and one and he is the "energizer bunny" and goes all out on every play. Said he was incredibly impressive in the scrimmage

I bet that was just for the media.

My guess is Rex secretly told E. Smith to say this to throw off the media.

Then Rex will secretly ask a couple of players tomorrow to start another fight.

yeah ok..Is it always dark in your world..

We have 12-13 O Lineman at camp. What's this about no depth?

First there are players not participating in practice because they are nursing questionable injuries. Now two days of fighting despite a warning from the starting QB and the head coach.

Not good. It's almost like there is a complete lack of respect for the team's leadership.

Jets Insider VIP
    yeah ok..Is it always dark in your world..
    Too bad you missed the reason I said that and the sarcasm.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yup, we have conclusive proof that it was a cheap shot and that it was caused by the fighting. Players never get injured otherwise.
    LOL.

Well, better than your "proof" that Rex whispered in the ears of some trusted players to start fights.

At least my comment was based on something said in a tweet.

I effing love that these guys are getting in to fights with each other. It shows me they are practicing with passion and energy. Parcels used to encourage that type of stuff. These guys are fired up and ready to smash someone. Awesome! The people here complaining about it need to wipe off their vag change their panties and grow a set. This is football. Aggression is good.

All Pro
    And there it is. Great.
    I don't know how we're going to get through the season. You can't replace a player like Landholt. What position is it that he plays? Did you know he was on the team?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Of course a p-ssy like you doesn't understand.

I know this game a hell of a lot better than you obviously do, Nancy. Aggression doesn't mean trying to hurt someone. What it does mean is when you hit somebody, you want to make sure they remember it.

Rex wants us to be a physical team. In that environment tempers flare. Fights are almost guaranteed to happen.

We're b!tching about football players being too aggressive. Unreal.
    Having been a D1 athlete of a physical sport (wrestling), I understand this completely. When your training before a season tempers get short, and your going all out physically trying to dominate your opposition. There were always fights and skirmishes like this during practice on my teams, and we'd be drinking beers together afterwards. Its the nature of competitive sports.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I don't know how we're going to get through the season. You can't replace a player like Landholt. What position is it that he plays? Did you know he was on the team?
    Yup. He's a Penn State alum.

hayden panettiere ‏@haydenpanettier
    My boy @smcknight21 cracked his knee cap in practice....ouch! He's on rest for at least 3 weeks. Praying for a speedy recovery!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Having been a D1 athlete of a physical sport (wrestling), I understand this completely. When your training before a season tempers get short, and your going all out physically trying to dominate your opposition. There were always fights and skirmishes like this during practice on my teams, and we'd be drinking beers together afterwards. Its the nature of competitive sports.
    Now you're saying they're going to be drinking? Where does it end? This team has no discipline.