Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 144

Thread: Tuesday 8/7 Practice and news thread

  1. #101
    Jeane Coakley ‏@JeaneCoakley
    Just saw Nick Mangold on campus...he's back from supporting his sister in London

  2. #102
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    I love the feistiness but anyone who thinks a cheap shot is a good thing for the team. Think again. There's a line. And if it was Dixon, he should certainly know better.

    And Cimini wasn't the only one who reported it.

    "Still, the disagreements persisted as offensive tackle Dennis Landolt was hurt in a drill and veteran right guard Brandon Moore accused the defense of a cheap shot."

    http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Je..._responds.html

  3. #103
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Yup. He's a Penn State alum.
    Well apparently we signed and cut him 4 times, and the Giants, and the Saints too. Getting hurt was probably the best thing for his career. Now he'll get an injury settlement.

  4. #104
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I don't know how we're going to get through the season. You can't replace a player like Landholt. What position is it that he plays? Did you know he was on the team?
    By the way, what if it wasn't Landholt? It could have been anyone. Does the fact that it was Landholt make it okay?

  5. #105
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    Has the cheap shot been confirmed? Or are we still going of the Cimini tweet.

    Any other quotes from Rex? Dixon? Moore?

  6. #106
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Based on the camp reports, Maybin and Powell are easily the two guys I'm most excited for.

  7. #107
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    By the way, what if it wasn't Landholt? It could have been anyone. Does the fact that it was Landholt make it okay?
    Yes. Every year guys go down in triaing camp. Better it be the Landlots then the mangolds.

  8. #108
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Has the cheap shot been confirmed? Or are we still going of the Cimini tweet.

    Any other quotes from Rex? Dixon? Moore?
    http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Je..._responds.html

  9. #109
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes. Every year guys go down in triaing camp. Better it be the Landlots then the mangolds.
    Duh. Of course. That's not the point. The ends doesn't justify the means.

  10. #110
    You do know that a few of the players have responded to this saying the media have blown it out of proportion.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Duh. Of course. That's not the point. The ends doesn't justify the means.
    But the means is not fully established yet.

  12. #112
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You do know that a few of the players have responded to this saying the media have blown it out of proportion.
    Well, I haven't seen that. If the media in fact heard Moore say it, then he said it.

    It shouldn't come as a surprise that there might be some subsequesnt damage control. Correct?

  13. #113
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I love the feistiness but anyone who thinks a cheap shot is a good thing for the team. Think again. There's a line. And if it was Dixon, he should certainly know better.

    And Cimini wasn't the only one who reported it.

    "Still, the disagreements persisted as offensive tackle Dennis Landolt was hurt in a drill and veteran right guard Brandon Moore accused the defense of a cheap shot."

    http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Je..._responds.html
    But just because Moore said it, doesn't make it true. And cheap shot or Moore yelling at the defense can have any number of meanings.

    I sincerely doubt anyone is delivering cheap shots like might happen in a game when the opponent is the other team.

    Also, its very possible that any yelling that took place was in reaction to the dude getting hurt.

    A lot of unknowns at this point. I suspect most people here would concede that "cheap shotting" your own teammate, in the conventional sense of our understanding of the phrase, is not OK.

  14. #114
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    By the way, what if it wasn't Landholt? It could have been anyone. Does the fact that it was Landholt make it okay?
    No if it was a cheap shot then that needs to be dealt with. I'm sure they have it on film, and I don't believe it has anything to do with the fighting. I was only referring to your "and there it is. Great." comment. We're very lucky it wasn't Hunter.

  15. #115
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    No if it was a cheap shot then that needs to be dealt with. I'm sure they have it on film, and I don't believe it has anything to do with the fighting. I was only referring to your "and there it is. Great." comment. We're very lucky it wasn't Hunter.
    There was nothing wrong with my comment.

    I don't like to see anyone getting injured. Especially a season ending injury.

  16. #116
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    But just because Moore said it, doesn't make it true. And cheap shot or Moore yelling at the defense can have any number of meanings.

    I sincerely doubt anyone is delivering cheap shots like might happen in a game when the opponent is the other team.

    Also, its very possible that any yelling that took place was in reaction to the dude getting hurt.

    A lot of unknowns at this point. I suspect most people here would concede that "cheap shotting" your own teammate, in the conventional sense of our understanding of the phrase, is not OK.
    +1, but its so much more fun to just freak out

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I don't know how we're going to get through the season. You can't replace a player like Landholt. What position is it that he plays? Did you know he was on the team?
    LOL. Feel bad for the kid, but guys get hurt in practice all the time. Maybe it was a cheap shot, but do we even know if it was in retaliation for any of the fights? Could have just been a stupid play. Maybe Landholt poked him in the eye the play before.

    Its funny to see guys like Jordy immediately freak out and assume the worst when something like this happens.

    I for one, want this team angry and hungry coming into this season and I like what i see so far. The day's of schottenheimer running the offense like Club Med are over.

  18. #118
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    +1, but its so much more fun to just freak out
    LOL @ freak out.

    Bunch of exaggerationists on this board.

  19. #119
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,254
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL. Feel bad for the kid, but guys get hurt in practice all the time. Maybe it was a cheap shot, but do we even know if it was in retaliation for any of the fights? Could have just been a stupid play. Maybe Landholt poked him in the eye the play before.

    Its funny to see guys like Jordy immediately freak out and assume the worst when something like this happens.

    I for one, want this team angry and hungry coming into this season and I like what i see so far. The day's of schottenheimer running the offense like Club Med are over.
    Maybe it was just the fact that it was reported that a member of the OL called it a "cheap shot."

    But please. Continue to create your own scenario in which everything you say is more valid than what someone else says.

  20. #120
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,146
    I'm just confused on how one exactly dislocates a tendon? I'm thinking he dislocated his patella, and tore his patella tendon in the process? If so, that's a major injury.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us