Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 144

Thread: Tuesday 8/7 Practice and news thread

  1. #121
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toledo Area, Ohio
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'll disregard all season.
    Have you ever regarded any of his thoughts?

  2. #122
    Why do they keep fighting so much? This is an odd new wrinkle

  3. #123
    A note from Cimini, tucked all the way at the bottom of some of his notes:

    Rookie WR Jordan White, coming off a broken foot, is starting to make his presence felt. The coaches like him as a slot receiver. With all the injuries at receiver, he got some reps with the starting unit and caught Sanchez's first completion of the day.


    good to hear, especially since Sanchez is only completing a handful of passes per day. Kerley betta get his ase back soon or this kid might run with it
    Last edited by BamaJets; 08-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.

  4. #124
    I xpect JDUB to play a big part 4 Jets O tis yr.

  5. #125
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    East Windsor NJ, Brooklyn born & raised
    Posts
    4,979
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    The #Jets are working out wide receivers. Can give you a name....former Weber State WR Joe Collins.


    Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:24:24 -0800
    Weber State WR Joe Collins measured 6-foot 1/4, 186 pounds at his Pro Day Friday, March 4, reports Gil Brandt, of NFL.com. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.55 seconds and 4.59 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.59 seconds and the three-cone drill 7.18 seconds. He measured a 10-foot broad jump, a 31 1/2-inch vertical jump and completed 15 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.
    Ah, finally....a difference maker...

  6. #126
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,293
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I xpect JDUB to play a big part 4 Jets O tis yr.
    Look, Jetswin is a an all world poster, and quite an accomplished athlete in his time. But, although it seems like we can do anything and that we're part of the team, we're just mods - people like yourselves. You guys are always putting us on a pedestal and making us seem like we god-like and truth be told we are quite special, we all started out just like you guys.

    I'd bet you'd be surprised to know that we actually have day jobs.

    True story.

  7. #127
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,108
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Look, Jetswin is a an all world poster, and quite an accomplished athlete in his time. But, although it seems like we can do anything and that we're part of the team, we're just mods - people like yourselves. You guys are always putting us on a pedestal and making us seem like we god-like and truth be told we are quite special, we all started out just like you guys.

    I'd bet you'd be surprised to know that we actually have day jobs.

    True story.
    Garry Moore > JW


    at least in football.....











    not now of course, cuz...you know he's dead and all....

  8. #128
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

    I'd bet you'd be surprised to know that we actually have day jobs.

    True story.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    A note from Cimini, tucked all the way at the bottom of some of his notes:

    Rookie WR Jordan White, coming off a broken foot, is starting to make his presence felt. The coaches like him as a slot receiver. With all the injuries at receiver, he got some reps with the starting unit and caught Sanchez's first completion of the day.


    good to hear, especially since Sanchez is only completing a handful of passes per day. Kerley betta get his ase back soon or this kid might run with it
    I'm thinkiing that this guy is one of the sleepers who is going to make a big impact and have a great year.

    /homer

  10. #130
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Look, Jetswin is a an all world poster, and quite an accomplished athlete in his time. But, although it seems like we can do anything and that we're part of the team, we're just mods - people like yourselves. You guys are always putting us on a pedestal and making us seem like we god-like and truth be told we are quite special, we all started out just like you guys.

    I'd bet you'd be surprised to know that we actually have day jobs.

    True story.

  11. #131
    Looking out for Jordan White to be productive in the slot this season

  12. #132
    Terrance Ganaway ‏@RepChrist24
    Team meeting: option to run more gashers or option to go to the movies! Which one you think we picked? Rex best coach ever!

  13. #133
    Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    Going against Antonio Cromartie in practice has been a good learning experience for Stephen Hill - "Cro is preparing me for the games."

  14. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I xpect JDUB to play a big part 4 Jets O tis yr.
    I love jetswin as much as the next guy, but his athleticism rivals my own in its mediocrity....

  15. #135
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets signed WR Stanley Areukewe and WR Stanley Collins

  16. #136
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,283
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'd bet you'd be surprised to know that we actually have day jobs.
    Let me be the first to say that you guys earn every penny you get to be mods on JI.

    And I'm sure you're worth almost twice that much at your day jobs.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    When did aggression become a bad thing in football?

    I swear people find anything to b!tch about on this site.


    Absolutely.


    I do hope Landholt is okay though. I like the fighting--- not the injuries.

  18. #138
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Absolutely.


    I do hope Landholt is okay though. I like the fighting--- not the injuries.
    Apparently, he's not okay.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have a hard time believing that to be the case. Guys roll up on one another all the time in the trenches. Usually it is the DL that are getting cheap shotted.

    I really don't see Dixon doing that.

    Have to take the good with the bad with Twitter.
    No Dixon the rxpists is a choirboy

  20. #140
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,130
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    No Dixon the rxpists is a choirboy
    Not sure if kidding. But either way you are out of line. The kid lost years of his life. I suggest you do some research.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us