Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 8/7 Practice and news thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Sanchez throws a TD in red-zone 11s, to Terrance Ganaway. Then picked by David Harris at goal line. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Landolt now being carted from field. He appeared to get tangled up with Marcus Dixon

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    More sparks: In 1 on 1 pass rush drill, OL Dennis Landolt carted off. G Brandon Moore screams at DL Marcus Dixon, accusing him of cheap shot

Friday better get here soon!
    Would LOVE to see the video of this. That is a pretty scathing accusation. My initial reaction is that Moore might be part of the problem, which would make me take back what I said about him earlier. He was the one who poured gas on the fire last year.

But then again it is a Cimini tweet. There is a possibility that Moore said nothing at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cheap shot part bothers me. If in fact it was there should be serious ramifications to that sort of thing. We don't need Jets hurting Jets before the season even starts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    There's an element to these "scuffles" that everyone is missing. That is
    for the first time ever our OC has instilled an aggressive, physical, punch
    somebody in the mouth mindset in our offense. You mix that in with the
    fact that everyone is sick of each other and you get scuffles
    I like this line of thinking.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not necessarily. Rex addressed the team yesterday about fighting, so what do they do today? They fight. Then Rex addresses it yet again on the field and what do they do? They get into another scuffle not even 5 minutes later. Rex makes them run and then what happens? A D lineman cheap shots an O lineman sending him off the field on a cart. Not exactly confidence inspiring.
    I assume you somehow know that while Rex publicly said he wanted the fighting to end he didn't (like many coaches) have a trusted player or two instigate a fight. Did you think Rex was going to tell the players "Keep on fighting!"

You are also assuming that it was a cheap shot and not simply an offensive lineman sticking up for a fellow offensive lineman.

Again, pessimists assume the worst. You are assuming Rex isn't under control and the fighting isn't something Rex wants.

Like KRL said, this offense finally has some heart and is pushing back against the defense. The defense isn't appreciating it,so they are pushing back. Sounds great to me. Then again, i am an optimist.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fights, cheap shots all good in my book. Toughens the team up and gives pu$$ys like Brady something to think about.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    The cheap shot part bothers me. If in fact it was there should be serious ramifications to that sort of thing. We don't need Jets hurting Jets before the season even starts.
    I have a hard time believing that to be the case. Guys roll up on one another all the time in the trenches. Usually it is the DL that are getting cheap shotted.

I really don't see Dixon doing that.

Have to take the good with the bad with Twitter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Terrance Ganaway having a nice practice. Joe McKnight has been out in this team session. Ganaway getting a lot of reps #nyj

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    J. McKnight not in on this series of team drills. Sitting on bench. T. Ganaway looks good in meantim

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Fights, cheap shots all good in my book. Toughens the team up and gives pu$$ys like Brady something to think about.
    It's stupid to go so far as to injure your own team mate but I agree, a certain amounting of fighting is good.

We need a bunch of disciplined but angry, nasty mo'fo's to take this team to where it needs to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I assume you somehow know that while Rex publicly said he wanted the fighting to end he didn't (like many coaches) have a trusted player or two instigate a fight. Did you think Rex was going to tell the players "Keep on fighting!"

You are also assuming that it was a cheap shot and not simply an offensive lineman sticking up for a fellow offensive lineman.

Again, pessimists assume the worst. You are assuming Rex isn't under control and the fighting isn't something Rex wants.

Like KRL said, this offense finally has some heart and is pushing back against the defense. The defense isn't appreciating it,so they are pushing back. Sounds great to me. Then again, i am an optimist.

I agree with this. But I think even optimists would agree that there is a saturation point where the fighting becomes too much. I don't think we are there yet, but if it turns out that Dixon did cheap shot someone (which I highly doubt) then I think it is fair to raise questions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Very nice practice for McElroy. 2 touchdowns, one to Jordan White and the second to Josh Baker. #nyj

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    NOt sure Dennis Landholt would agree, if he's out for an extended period of time.

Of course, we all sitting here behind our puters' have no idea if it was truly a cheapshot or if someone was simply playing to and through the whistle and someone else took issue.

Tough, physical play during camp? Absolutely. Taking someone's knees out when they aren't looking? Not so much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not necessarily. Rex addressed the team yesterday about fighting, so what do they do today? They fight. Then Rex addresses it yet again on the field and what do they do? They get into another scuffle not even 5 minutes later. Rex makes them run and then what happens? A D lineman cheap shots an O lineman sending him off the field on a cart. Not exactly confidence inspiring.
    I agree with this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    NOt sure Dennis Landholt would agree, if he's out for an extended period of time.
    Mehta is reporting Landholt dislocated patellar tendon, out for year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can be disciplined and chippy. Everyone fights in camp. Just don't get a 15 yder in the game, stay disciplined. If the Jets want to be a ground and pound offense and a top D, they better be a little more badass than last season.

And I seriously doubt Dixon went after Landolt. Nobody else tweeted that Moore accused him of a cheap shot. where was Cimini standing to hear him say that when nobody else did, on the field? Did Moore actually say the words "cheap shot"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

LOL....Ok so Rex calls everyone to huddle up and says "I am just doing this for the media, I really want you guys to continue to fight, I am just making it look like I dont want you to".

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear Ganaway looked great today. Maybe he could be an answer at RB. I've never been a huge fan of Greene. McKnight and Powell don't excite me either, although I've heard Powell looks like a new man.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you guys are such drama queens...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Some of you guys are such drama queens...
    +1

why, oh why?
    how could he?
    It's his fault!
    Cut him!
    Fire him!
    They're out of control!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    I hear Ganaway looked great today. Maybe he could be an answer at RB. I've never been a huge fan of Greene. McKnight and Powell don't excite me either, although I've heard Powell looks like a new man.
    By all accounts Gannaway has decent hands as well, add in that Powell has been catching the ball well also, and you have some optimism in the backfield.