Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FBO Playmaker Score - Predicts the potential of NFL WRs

Hall Of Fame
    Another Jets-related thread where TX has to chime in and purposely throw cold water on an encouraging topic.

So ****ing ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Another Jets-related thread where TX has to chime in and purposely throw cold water on an encouraging topic.

So ****ing ridiculous.
    Whats really insane about it, is he ridicules Jet fans, talking up Jet players, ON A JETS MESSAGEBOARD?????????????????????????

Its a FAN SITE.

None of us are on the Pats site jumping in threads and saying that Hill is better then Gronk or Welker, then his points would make sense.

50K posts on a fan board for a team that you ARENT a fan of, just ridiculous.

All Pro

So ****ing ridiculous.
    Well, someone had to come in and proclaim Hill would be top 5 in the league, minimum. You have to expect people to call him on that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Well, someone had to come in and proclaim Hill would be top 5 in the league, minimum. You have to expect people to call him on that.
    Then let JETS fans call him out for a comment on a JETS receiver on a JETS forum. God forbid somebody has a positive thought about an up-and-coming player.

There's no justification for his constant trolling. None whatsoever. It's not just this thread, it's each and every single one.

I've been here long enough to know his deal, and that he is (for whatever reason) allowed to run wild with no real repercussion, but it still pisses me off.

All League
    Another good Jets thread ruined by the troll, good job!

All Pro
    Then let JETS fans call him out for a comment on a JETS receiver on a JETS forum. God forbid somebody has a positive thought about an up-and-coming player.

There's no justification for his constant trolling. None whatsoever. It's not just this thread, it's each and every single one.

I've been here long enough to know his deal, and that he is (for whatever reason) allowed to run wild with no real repercussion, but it still pisses me off.
    I don't know how I got to defending DoucheFanTx, but it was a dumb comment that he jumped on, and rightfully so.

He wasn't trolling in this case.

Whatever. He usually is. Have at it.

Veteran

This has puzzled me for some time as well. Especially when some of his posts are so blatantly thrown out there just to rile up fans. Granted some are funny, and he does give fair points occasionally. But there are also the WTF?! Where did you come up with that s**t ?!... back on topic, there is no reason to think Hill can't be a top 5 WR. All the physical tools, great work ethic, willing to do the dirty work, and supposedly easily coached. Sounds like a winning recipe to me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Read the 7th post in this thread.
    There's nothing wrong with showing a little optimism and excitement for a promising rookie.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    There's nothing wrong with showing a little optimism and excitement for a promising rookie.
    I said the day the Jets drafted Hill, he would turn out to be the Jets best player in the 2012 draft. I still believe that.

But to say he will be a top 5 NFL WR before catching 1 pass, is a little foolish, especially coming from a non-pass oriented college like GT.

He has a ton to learn, but he does have exceptional potential at this point in time.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'd expect a Jets fan to maybe call him out, but then again predictions are what they are. People are entitled to have fun with them or whatever.

In the real world, no, I would expect this fuktard to not comment at all here, where he isn't wanted or needed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yes. Especially when it comes from a source other than the team. It's nice to hear these things and be optimistic.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I said the day the Jets drafted Hill, he would turn out to be the Jets best player in the 2012 draft. I still believe that.

But to say he will be a top 5 NFL WR before catching 1 pass, is a little foolish, especially coming from a non-pass oriented college like GT.

He has a ton to learn, but he does have exceptional potential at this point in time.
    Completely agree with this. The potential is there. Let's just hope that potential turns himself Into a top 5

Veteran
    Maybe I misunderstood. I thought it was he'll eventually be top 5. It will definately take a few years to come into his own. The potential, however, IS there.

I'm excited about Hill's Megatron potential. Do i expect serious production from him this year? No. Just enough vertical exciting plays, based on his off the charts physical skills, so as to get serious attention from defenses. Which should allow Holmes and Keller to work more effectively with their underneath routes.

What I like so far is Hill's enthusiasm for football. And his willingness to accept coaching, and put in the necessary long hours to get better.

That good work ethic and attitude...to go along with his immense talents...gives Hill a good chance of becoming a dominant player by his year three.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    I'm excited about Hill's Megatron potential. Do i expect serious production from him this year? No. Just enough vertical exciting plays, based on his off the charts physical skills, so as to get serious attention from defenses. Which should allow Holmes and Keller to work more effectively with their underneath routes.

What I like so far is Hill's enthusiasm for football. And his willingness to accept coaching, and put in the necessary long hours to get better.

That good work ethic and attitude...to go along with his immense talents...gives Hill a good chance of becoming a dominant player by his year three.
    Exactly. The fact he has the ability to stretch the field opens up a different dimension we didn't have last year.

All Pro

If I was a betting man I'd say he gets close to 700 yards. That's on around 35 receptions. Just enough to put that safety deep, and not too many that the safety is going to stay deep. If he's deep we run, or hit a crossing route from White, or Keller. If he comes up they get burnt. His speed will change the dynamics of the game for us though. I'm also betting that Keller never gets off that bench once White gets a chance. He really should have been ready to go.

I don't understand these depressing naysayers. This kind of stuff makes things very interesting. Who would rather have a dependable veteran that may squeak us into the playoffs, when we just might have something special here? If half of our long shots pay off this year we will surprise a lot of dependable steady teams out there.

Quote Originally Posted by brex View Post
    I think our scouts do a pretty good job overall
    Scouts worked well to identify talent, and value and the management were decisive (trading up for Hill, also later round picks) to secure the necessary talent and firepower to support Sanchez.

Veteran

I don't understand the megatron comparisons. Hill is nothing like Megatron. Johnson is a lot bigger and stronger than Hill, and plays a completely different style of reciever. Johnson is a freak of nature physically and even if hill fills out he'll never be as big and strong as Johnson. Johnson weights 25lbs more, jumps higher, and is just as fast.

I also don't like the Moss comparisons to Hill. Moss is/was MUCH faster then Hill. Hill ran a 4.31 and Moss a 4.25. Thats a huge difference and Moss is also taller. Moss also has crazy hands and ran smooth like a gazelle and was able to turn on his 5th gear at the last second and just blow by defenders.

I think hill will be a good player, and in 2-3 years he can be a legit #1, but those hoping for Megatron will be sorely disappointed and those thinking he'll be Randy Moss blowing by every defender he sees is also going to be dissapointed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I don't understand the megatron comparisons. Hill is nothing like Megatron. Johnson is a lot bigger and stronger than Hill, and plays a completely different style of reciever. Johnson is a freak of nature physically and even if hill fills out he'll never be as big and strong as Johnson. Johnson weights 25lbs more, jumps higher, and is just as fast.

I also don't like the Moss comparisons to Hill. Moss is/was MUCH faster then Hill. Hill ran a 4.31 and Moss a 4.25. Thats a huge difference and Moss is also taller. Moss also has crazy hands and ran smooth like a gazelle and was able to turn on his 5th gear at the last second and just blow by defenders.

I think hill will be a good player, and in 2-3 years he can be a legit #1, but those hoping for Megatron will be sorely disappointed and those thinking he'll be Randy Moss blowing by every defender he sees is also going to be dissapointed.
    The Moss and Megatron comparisons are just retarded.

Those are two HOF talents that we're talking about.

I'll be ecstatic if Hill turns out to be half as good as those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post

Hill will not be 251 lbs for sure. Probably by age 24-25, he could be around 225-230. Without loss of speed or athleticism. Impressive enough when you're 6-4, with a 39.5 vertical, and have game changing 4.3 speed. That's a pretty big mismatch for your average 5-11; 195-200 pound CB to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The Moss and Megatron comparisons are just retarded.

Those are two HOF talents that we're talking about.

I'll be ecstatic if Hill turns out to be half as good as those guys.
    The Megatron comparison has more to do with the fact that Hill is a tall, fast, physical receiver, that came from the same Georgia Tech program that Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas came from. A program that seems to have a knack for recruiting talented receivers, even though they emphasize a triple option run oriented offense. It's a good track record for Hill to be part of.

Like I said...I like Hill's attitude and work ethic. Combine that with his impressive physical talent, he could be a dominate receiver by year three. JMO.