Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of WR Separation (again)

Lack of WR Separation (again)

The Jets WR's in camp have not established any separation from the Jets DB's

Yes - I know that the Jets secondary is considered one of the best in the league - however Sanchez has a shaky OL and lack of separation from his WR's could be our achilles heal this year

Tanny needs to pick up a veteran WR and Right OT once cuts are made

I am not sold on this team as constructed right now

Let me know your thoughts ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Hill scored a 50 yard td off Revis yesterday.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Hill scored a 50 yard td off Revis yesterday.
    /thread

let's see our WR's go up against other competition other than our own All-World CB's before we past judgement.

Revis, Cro, and Wilson are tough to get separation from.

Let's see some preseason games. We know Santonio can get separation, let's see how Hill and Kerley do.

You'd like to see the WRs make some plays, but the Jets CBs held opposing QBs to the worst numbers on passes outside the numbers last season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Revis, Cro, and Wilson are tough to get separation from.

Let's see some preseason games. We know Santonio can get separation, let's see how Hill and Kerley do.
    He struggled with it last year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

let's see our WR's go up against other competition other than our own All-World CB's before we past judgement.
    Just curious, outside of Revis, which other Jets DB is considered All-World?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He struggled with it last year.
    I was never the biggest Shotty basher around, but I'm very intrigued about seeing a new Offense this year. I think its unfair to blame Shotty for everything that went wrong over the last 5 years, but, at the same time, we see these prolific passing offenses around the league that somehow have mediocre WRs running wild, completely open, down the field.

I don't think Tony Sparano is Sean Payton, but I also think that the guy has been around in the NFL and has seen what works and what doesn't. He had very limited weapons in Miami and was still able to be modestly successful.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I was never the biggest Shotty basher around, but I'm very intrigued about seeing a new Offense this year. I think its unfair to blame Shotty for everything that went wrong over the last 5 years, but, at the same time, we see these prolific passing offenses around the league that somehow have mediocre WRs running wild, completely open, down the field.

I don't think Tony Sparano is Sean Payton, but I also think that the guy has been around in the NFL and has seen what works and what doesn't. He had very limited weapons in Miami and was still able to be modestly successful.
    I don't recall Holmes having trouble getting separation in 2010 (with Edwards).

I hope the presence of Hill will make a difference this year.

Hall Of Fame
    I dont think separation is an issue for the Wr group, but depth certainly is.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Just curious, outside of Revis, which other Jets DB is considered All-World?
    ...nobody is all-world cept the Diva...doesn't mean we don't have best secondary in AFC...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...nobody is all-world cept the Diva...doesn't mean we don't have best secondary in AFC...
    How do you figure that?

Last year, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Houston and Baltimore all had better passing defenses than the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

Jets Insider VIP
    How do you figure that?

Last year, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Houston and Baltimore all had better passing defenses than the Jets.

Maybe cornerbacks is more accurate than secondary.

However with the Jets upgrades to the safety position, and hopefully an improved pass rush, it wouldn't shock me for the Jets to field a top 5 overall passing defense this year.

All League
    How do you figure that?

no the jets were better. those stats are fake.

Would a 3rd pick land Percy Harvin???

Holmes is going to be nicked all year I suspect. Kerley..will he ever practice this summer? Hill is a rookie. Make a trade Tanny!

All League
    i heard the jets have inquired about bowe from kansas city.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    no the jets were better. those stats are fake.
    So were the Pats defensive stats.

Jets Insider VIP
    So were the Pats' Super Bowl* wins.

How do you figure that?

Those teams all had pass rushes, where we had to send the house and leave our db's 1-on-1. Besides that's not considering the fact we play man on most downs, where other teams like Houston and Pittsburgh prefer zone. You switch our db's with any other teams, they wouldn't handle what we put Revis, Cro, and Wilson through.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Those teams all had pass rushes, where we had to send the house and leave our db's 1-on-1. Besides that's not considering the fact we play man on most downs, where other teams like Houston and Pittsburgh prefer zone. You switch our db's with any other teams, they wouldn't handle what we put Revis, Cro, and Wilson through.
    Good Point. I think Cro would be a monster on a team like the Giants. His best year was in SD when they had their nasty passrush. He has the closing speed and athletic tools needed to make plays on balls thrown hastily from a QB under duress.