Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Credit Card

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cash.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Kenmore reward points?
    Nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Southside... I've made a credit card just for you!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    +1 - also, less restrictive when redeeming for travel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    If you travel a decent amount.. Platinum.
    The B o A cards rewards were pretty restrictive with traveling. I did not like that. Don't travel a whole lot, but I like the idea of using rewards on traveling rather than crap from the gift store.

Sapphire bonuses look goo, and Platinum and Blue seem to be popular.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Someone elses.
    I will ask to borrow Tets Jhings, he seemed like a wiener.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Unfortunately, every card listed here has one big setback - you have to pay it back.

On another front, why not go with a Diners Club? For no other reason than you'd be the first person I know with one.
    That will not sell me. Show me the money, Jerry.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    The B o A cards rewards were pretty restrictive with traveling. I did not like that. Don't travel a whole lot, but I like the idea of using rewards on traveling rather than crap from the gift store.

Sapphire bonuses look goo, and Platinum and Blue seem to be popular.
    Yeah never had a problem with that using the Platinum, but the yearly fee is pretty tough. The best thing that's happened to it is that you get 20% of your points back if you use it on airfare. Thus, you basically get 20% more points because you'd be crazy to use it on anything but that. Also if you pick a specific airline you get like $150 or $200 for travel related expenses a year (bag charges, drinks on plane etc). You also get most of the lounges with free beer/food which are key for layovers or delays. If you use all the benefits the yearly fee isn't nearly as tough to swallow. If you don't it's a waste.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dimitri has a good credit card.

PM me for the number.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I will ask to borrow Tets Jhings, he seemed like a wiener.
    He is. And he has a thunderous dong. So I've smelled, uh heard.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Dimitri has a good credit card.

PM me for the number.
    What an asshoIe

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Southside... I've made a credit card just for you!

You are on today!

Presenting the SS No Rewards card - has a builtin V-chip and is unaccepted by hookers, strip joints and phone sex lines the world over

hello this is peggy, may I help you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    He is. And he has a thunderous dong. So I've smelled, uh heard.
    He must be crazy, or just from another planet....

Last edited by NYJCAP2; 08-07-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This. Having access to the airline clubs at the airport makes all the difference in the world when you are dealing with flight delays or general mayhem.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a B of A VISA Platinum with a $35,000 limit. Are you saying I have access to stuff? I didnt even realize I had over 200,000 points built up.

Im serious BTW... I dont pay attention to this stuff but I am learning.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I use a B of A VISA Platinum with a $35,000 limit. Are you saying I have access to stuff? I didnt even realize I had over 200,000 points built up.

Amex Platinum gets you access to most airline clubs. (all except United I believe). I also gets you some other pretty nice benefits. For a comparison of Amex cards, go to their website. You can compare/contrast all of their cards (and there are a bunch of them) at the same time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Congoleum Vinyl card... I cut it out of my kitchen floor and typed 16 #'s and an exp date on it. No monthly charge and its excepted no where. Talk about exclusive.
    Seriously though, if you pay it off every month then Amex platinum or Blue. However, if you let some of it ride, then Capitol one Platinum has been really good to me. Capitol one has a positive points program that helps drive up your credit rating.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

When people say Platinum, they are generally referring to Amex. All the other cards have gold/platinum etc. levels but they don't necessarily relate/equate to Amex's level. As Porgy was saying, the Amex Platinum card gets you access to most airline lounges. If you travel somewhat often, that could pay for the annual fee right there.

I don't think Visa/Mastercard Platinums offer the same benefits. But check your specific card online - there are so many variants nowadays that one Visa Platinum could be very different then the next.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    When people say Platinum, they are generally referring to Amex. All the other cards have gold/platinum etc. levels but they don't necessarily relate/equate to Amex's level. As Porgy was saying, the Amex Platinum card gets you access to most airline lounges. If you travel somewhat often, that could pay for the annual fee right there.

I don't think Visa/Mastercard Platinums offer the same benefits. But check your specific card online - there are so many variants nowadays that one Visa Platinum could be very different then the next.
    Ahhhh... I am basically Suffolk County white trash who made it so these sophisticated things can be confusing.

I'm actually staying at the Mayflower in DC this week on my points, but seriously, I only just started to learn how to use them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhh... I am basically Suffolk County white trash who made it so these sophisticated things can be confusing.

I'm actually staying at the Mayflower in DC this week on my points, but seriously, I only just started to learn how to use them.
    Stayed there the night of my wedding. Great hotel.

Our boy Elliot brought it some notoriety a few years after.

My old man is the same way - he just told me in passing that he has 4 million AmEx points (he own a business and puts all his merchandise purchases on his card). I was like "Uh yeah, d'ya wanna pass some over my way?"

There was some laughing and something to the tune of "Earn'em yourself" with a 4 letter word mixed in.
    Last edited by crasherino; 08-07-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stayed there the night of my wedding. Great hotel.

Our boy Elliot brought it some notoriety a few years after.

My old man is the same way - he just told me in passing that he has 4 million AmEx points (he own a business and puts all his merchandise purchases on his card). I was like "Uh yeah, d'ya wanna pass some over my way?"

There was some laughing and something to the tune of "Earn'em yourself" with a 4 letter word mixed in.
    I remember you saying that, kool.....I really like the hotel. I have occasional business in DC and its convenient to all. I grew an affection for "The Corner Bakery", love their Swiss oatmeal.

Ill be driving to NY Friday and then training camp Sunday.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had an Aadvantage Gold card forever. It gets me 2 free tix in First Class seats every couple of years on long trips (eg. Hawaii, Italy, Singapore). Does Amex do that? I ask because it's getting harder on American and its partners to redeem the miles. I do like that they never expire. I've got over 500,000 miles in the bank at this point so I should probably change anyway.