Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Your favorite Credit Card

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933

    Your favorite Credit Card

    I have had an issue with a Bank of America card recently, but it was the first and only problem since 2006. Sad to say, I have run out of patience with them and the account will remain closed now.

    I am looking for a new card service with some nice rewards. I will be using it for basics such as gas, groceries, utilities etc.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Amex Blue Cash... I have the preferred card but there's another version if you don't like the annual fee and you don't plan on using it a lot...

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,561
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Amex Blue Cash... I have the preferred card but there's another version if you don't like the annual fee and you don't plan on using it a lot...
    +1

    I have the one with no fee, use it all the time. gets me 5% cash on groceries, gas and pharmacy items, a smaller % on everything else.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Amex Blue Cash... I have the preferred card but there's another version if you don't like the annual fee and you don't plan on using it a lot...
    First one I saw when searching, thanks. And the no fee one would be preferable.

  5. #5
    Chase sapphire preferred. 1st year fee waived. 40k bonus points when you spend 3k. Nice no hassle rewards program.

  6. #6
    AMEX platinum card...cant beat the amenities. i use the business card, but i am sure they have the personal one as well.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    AMEX platinum card...cant beat the amenities. i use the business card, but i am sure they have the personal one as well.
    This.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,677
    Regular ol' ccards like Discover and even Citibank give cash back on purchases.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,615
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Chase sapphire preferred. 1st year fee waived. 40k bonus points when you spend 3k. Nice no hassle rewards program.
    +1 - also, less restrictive when redeeming for travel.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #10
    My Amex gold that's my favorite .

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,566
    Another Amex blue recommendation here.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    My Amex gold that's my favorite .
    +1

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,268
    Someone elses.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,917
    GreenDot.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Amex Blue Cash... I have the preferred card but there's another version if you don't like the annual fee and you don't plan on using it a lot...
    Got it myself and we def get more value than miles with the cash back

  16. #16
    Amex Platinum

    Best

  17. #17
    If you travel a decent amount.. Platinum.

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I have had an issue with a Bank of America card recently, but it was the first and only problem since 2006. Sad to say, I have run out of patience with them and the account will remain closed now.

    I am looking for a new card service with some nice rewards. I will be using it for basics such as gas, groceries, utilities etc.

    Any suggestions?
    Unfortunately, every card listed here has one big setback - you have to pay it back.

    On another front, why not go with a Diners Club? For no other reason than you'd be the first person I know with one.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    The Sears Plasma Card.

    _

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,268
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    The Sears Plasma Card.

    _
    Kenmore reward points?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us