Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig Carton calls out Manish Mehta on "unnamed sources"

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Craig Carton calls out Manish Mehta on "unnamed sources"

I dvr'd the Boomer and Carton show and I just got around to listening to it. They did an interview with Manish and Carton was killing him on his use of unnamed sources. This is a quote from Carton to Manish,

"Afterwards when you have lunch today with the Tooth Fairy and, uh, Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny you should take a poll of them and find out where they stand on the Tebow stuff and blog about it"

Finally someone calling out the sh*tty media people that are around the Jets. Excluding Jenny of course.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish is a fkn loser, freaking drama queen

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really don't think Manish is lying about that stuff... Doesn't mean his sources are always correct, but I really don't think he's lying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I dvr'd the Boomer and Carton show and I just got around to listening to it. They did an interview with Manish and Carton was killing him on his use of unnamed sources. This is a quote from Carton to Manish,

"Afterwards when you have lunch today with the Tooth Fairy and, uh, Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny you should take a poll of them and find out where they stand on the Tebow stuff and blog about it"

Finally someone calling out the sh*tty media people that are around the Jets. Excluding Jenny of course.
    Woody and the JETS brought all this on themselves. Its what they want. They could easily end this circus like atmosphere but if they did, they'd lose to Giants for the battle of the back page......

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Really don't think Manish is lying about that stuff... Doesn't mean his sources are always correct, but I really don't think he's lying.
    I'm not sure if I agree. He went from being much better than Cimini, to being judgmental and hard on the Jets. And now with the "Unnamed sources", he is not a good writer anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disagree. If he's sleazy enough to delete negative comments from below his columns he's enough of a puke to do anything. Best case he tells his wife to say "I heard blah blah blah" and then justifies her as the unnamed source.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is that once you get into the "unnamed sources" business its hard to tell what is truth and what is fake. Plus, an "unnamed source" could say things to help out their own agenda, things he would never say if his name was attributed to it. If a player is losing time and wants a new coach to come in, he could throw the coach under the bus.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    I'm not sure if I agree. He went from being much better than Cimini, to being judgmental and hard on the Jets. And now with the "Unnamed sources", he is not a good writer anymore.
    I'm not sure if he was ever "much better" than Cimini. Its just that everyone has this virulent hatred of all things Cimini that anything else is viewed as better, regardless what he writes.

But also, I'm sure the new guy is always more positive until he's around the team for a longer period of time and a) feels more comfortable criticizing it and b) sees more of the dark underbelly that exists around the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm not sure if he was ever "much better" than Cimini. Its just that everyone has this virulent hatred of all things Cimini that anything else is viewed as better, regardless what he writes.

But also, I'm sure the new guy is always more positive until he's around the team for a longer period of time and a) feels more comfortable criticizing it and b) sees more of the dark underbelly that exists around the Jets.
    Or, more likely, he realizes that the money is in the sensationalism. Reporting that Aaron Maybin is having a solid camp will not get you on the back page. Reporting that there is a rift between coach A and player X will get you on the backpage. Reporting the Revis will hold out when we all knew that Revis could not hold out will get you the backpage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been saying that Manish is awful, yet some were telling me how hes great. I am not a fan of his, IMO hes the worst Jets beat writer out there right now. Idk how he got a job covering the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish should go work for the Baltimore Sun and win a Pulitzer like his hero Scott Templeton.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Or, more likely, he realizes that the money is in the sensationalism. Reporting that Aaron Maybin is having a solid camp will not get you on the back page. Reporting that there is a rift between coach A and player X will get you on the backpage. Reporting the Revis will hold out when we all knew that Revis could not hold out will get you the backpage.
    "kick them when they're up, kick them when they're down..."

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the newspaper, not the writer. Writing for the Daily News or Post requires much more tabloid style 'reporting' than writing of substance. He's just following orders.. I mean.. what's Manish to do? His current job is considered more high profile than the Ledger, where he was often lauded as the 'best Jets writer' on this very site not too long ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

ok ok
    I am "outing" myself. I am MM's "un-named source" of all this Jets inside information. ...Happy now?
    By the way, I in turn get all my info and scoops directly from SAR, FF-2, and Tex...
    Last edited by Baddniss; 08-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no Manish fan, but aren't we all that post here everyday pretty much "unnamed"?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    why does this copernicus dude hate the Jets as much as he does? Is he a Pats or Dolphin fan or what?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    It's the newspaper, not the writer. Writing for the Daily News or Post requires much more tabloid style 'reporting' than writing of substance. He's just following orders.. I mean.. what's Manish to do? His current job is considered more high profile than the Ledger, where he was often lauded as the 'best Jets writer' on this very site not too long ago.
    You are correct. He started out with positive pieces but went down hill quickly

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFANsince1960 View Post
    why does this copernicus dude hate the Jets as much as he does? Is he a Pats or Dolphin fan or what?
    It's because of NCLB

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carton is one of the last people to call out anyone for journalistic integrity. To call what him and Boomer do as "Sports Radio" is insane. They do just as much to stir the pot as everyone else does. Case and point, Boomer calling to cut Tebow. He knows damn well it'll never happen, but hey someone had to say it. Might as well be them so they can get some ratings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFANsince1960 View Post
    I get the feeling his brother, or someone, is a Giant fan, and he gets very upset when they make fun of him. Now he's lashing out at the Jets because the Giants won the SB, and now they must quote him whatever the news papers say about the Jets. All I know is that he believes whatever bad press they get, and he forgets that the Giants were 9-7 and getting blasted by the press, and fans alike when they were 7-7 last year having lost 4 in a row. We also went a lot farther than they did the two previous seasons. You can't take what the papers say seriously. They blow with the breeze, and seasons change on a dime.