Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Craig Carton calls out Manish Mehta on "unnamed sources"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Credit where credit is due and the JETS came up big when they got to the playoffs.

But the regular season was not as convincing. Both playoff appearances were achieved with much help from other teams. Both loses in the playoffs were because our defense couldn't hold the lead and spotted the opponent a 24 pt lead.

We also did not necessarily just "lose" last season but undeniably self destructed in ways that get HC and GMs fired.

That fact that none of this seems to be changing is alarming
    Right. Because those teams that are constantly changing coaching staffs and front offices go to the playoffs all the time... right?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Manish should go work for the Baltimore Sun and win a Pulitzer like his hero Scott Templeton.

+1

Hall Of Fame
    Manish atarted out all right. Then he became another sensationalizing idiot.

Makes one wonder if it has anything to do with the editor's staff at the Daily News...

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Manish atarted out all right. Then he became another sensationalizing idiot.

Makes one wonder if it has anything to do with the editor's staff at the Daily News...
    Of course it does. The primary objective is to sell papers. Just like ESPN's objective is to draw viewers and page hits.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I dvr'd the Boomer and Carton show and I just got around to listening to it. They did an interview with Manish and Carton was killing him on his use of unnamed sources. This is a quote from Carton to Manish,

"Afterwards when you have lunch today with the Tooth Fairy and, uh, Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny you should take a poll of them and find out where they stand on the Tebow stuff and blog about it"

Finally someone calling out the sh*tty media people that are around the Jets. Excluding Jenny of course.
    Then what did HE say?

Veteran
    the daily news sucks. manish sucks. just look at the covers of the NY papers today. BOTH covers on the daily news are about the jets "fights" and the "circus". i'm assuming manish is responsible for the majority of that. the post doesn't mention it on either side of the cover. i don't know off hand who the jets writers are for the post, but i like them a hell of a lot more then manish and the crappy daily news.

Manish used to be a great reporter, far and away the best covering the Jets. But anyone who follows him on Twitter knows he's fallen off pretty hard. All he does now is lick Tebow's bootstraps.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFANsince1960 View Post
    why does this copernicus dude hate the Jets as much as he does? Is he a Pats or Dolphin fan or what?
    He's just a whiny little c*nt. That's all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Right. Because those teams that are constantly changing coaching staffs and front offices go to the playoffs all the time... right?
    Didn't you know? The Pats, Steelers, and Giants change coaches constantly. The moment something goes wrong, their coach is sent packing.

Rookie
    Credit where credit is due and the JETS came up big when they got to the playoffs.

But the regular season was not as convincing. Both playoff appearances were achieved with much help from other teams. Both loses in the playoffs were because our defense couldn't hold the lead and spotted the opponent a 24 pt lead.

We also did not necessarily just "lose" last season but undeniably self destructed in ways that get HC and GMs fired.

That fact that none of this seems to be changing is alarming
    An 11-5 record is not exactly getting help from other teams.

It's hard to change a 3 game losing streak..... until you play another game.

How many people in this thread know that reporters don't write the headlines for their articles?

still having trouble figuring out where this copernicus poster is coming from.

must be tough alleging to be a Jet fan and yet, being more negative than just about any patriot fan that posts here

why bother with the pretense and just root for a team you don't hate instead

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Manish used to be a great reporter, far and away the best covering the Jets. But anyone who follows him on Twitter knows he's fallen off pretty hard. All he does now is lick Tebow's bootstraps.
    And before that it was Schottenheimer. I never liked Manish's reporting, whenever there is a story out there he always denies it until the Jets actually announces it. He went on and on about how Schottenheimer was staying, when it was clear to everyone he was going to get canned. More stories like that.

don't know what NCLB is frankly

but I still am having trouble understanding why this dude copernicus, who claims to be a jet fan, hates the Jets more than it seems that the fans of the Pats do at this place.

It would seem to me if you hate something as much as he seems to, you'd just find another team or hobby you enjoy a little bit more. Going through life as miserable as this guy seems to be can't possibly be healthy

Obviously I don't know all the drama and backstories of the last decade of this place and what they did to copernicus, though so maybe there is a sane explanation for his hatred
    Hate the JETS? No. Criticizing a FO and HC that I believe has sold out its fans and not made winning an absolute first, then yes.

Sorry that I'm not a "blind homer" and dont believe in this extreme about face from a FO that went from keeping team issues "in house" to a FO that appears to be happiest when they are on Hard Knocks or bragging about how the HC is the best in the NFL according to the HC. Sorry if I disagree with getting rid of winners like Cotchery and then rewarding selfish players like Santonio Holmes with the catain's C. Instead of the HC criticizing his own choice, he now claims that naming captains at all is a stupid idea and there wont be any. Good grief!

The end of last season was atrocious where Holmes quit on the team and in every interview the HC and GM appeared to lie or not answer any question with a straight answer. Fast forward to to this training camp after being promised more focus and getting back to winning ways and we witness the FO begging to be on Hard Knocks, chasing Peyton Manning, then denying they ever were interested, trading for a back up QB who's best attribute is that he brings a media circus with him, ESPN being invited for the entire first week of TC, Holmes and Cro mouthing off even more without being disciplined, and brawls on back to back days after being promised it was dealt with immediately. More and more nonsense but I get it, it can never be criticized.

IMHO, the FO and HC are acting more like the little brother that is not as talented as the big brother (Giants) more than ever before. Giants fans are LAUGHING at us!

Rex act got tired real fast, it appears that he has learned nothing from the atrocious ending to last season where he admitted to losing the locker room and having no clue what was going on on the offensive side of the ball.

All Pro
    Sorry JN, I have very little confidence that this group can get it right. Seems like things non football related are too important to the owner and HC. From begging to be on Hard Knocks, to chasing Peyton Manning, to denying chasing Peyton Manning, to trading for Tebow, to Holmes and Cro's comments with no disciplinary actions,to Rex claiming he is the best defensive coach in the NFL, to TWO wasted days of practice concerned about back to back days of brawls is enough by itself. To think that this is all AFTER the the FO promised fans that they would to get back to hard work and dedication to winning is absurd.

Winning of course will change this. I just dont see how we are building championships with so many non football distractions. IMHO, it seems like the JETS with Woody and Rex at the forefront are welcoming it.......
    They turned down hard knocks. They hardly wasted practice. The Giants were only 9-7, and we have a better 3 year record than they do, and that's with a rookie head coach and QB. Go be a Giant fan if you want. Winning can solve all these problems. That's what they are trying to, and having quite a bit of success at. Whining is not going to solve any of the problems, and the fact that you seem to be making no attempt at changing that is alarming.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I dvr'd the Boomer and Carton show and I just got around to listening to it. They did an interview with Manish and Carton was killing him on his use of unnamed sources. This is a quote from Carton to Manish,

"Afterwards when you have lunch today with the Tooth Fairy and, uh, Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny you should take a poll of them and find out where they stand on the Tebow stuff and blog about it"

Finally someone calling out the sh*tty media people that are around the Jets. Excluding Jenny of course.
    And Carton is the epitome of journalistic integrity.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

why does this copernicus dude hate the Jets as much as he does? Is he a Pats or Dolphin fan or what?
    don't know what NCLB is frankly

but I still am having trouble understanding why this dude copernicus, who claims to be a jet fan, hates the Jets more than it seems that the fans of the Pats do at this place.

It would seem to me if you hate something as much as he seems to, you'd just find another team or hobby you enjoy a little bit more. Going through life as miserable as this guy seems to be can't possibly be healthy

Obviously I don't know all the drama and backstories of the last decade of this place and what they did to copernicus, though so maybe there is a sane explanation for his hatred
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    He's just a whiny little c*nt. That's all.
    still having trouble figuring out where this copernicus poster is coming from.

must be tough alleging to be a Jet fan and yet, being more negative than just about any patriot fan that posts here

why bother with the pretense and just root for a team you don't hate instead
    Two banned dudes....posting under new names...attacking another poster because he isnt a homer. This isnt Patsfans.com.....

Take a breather.

Copernicus has always been one of the most objective Jets Fans on this board and is always respectful of all other posters...can't blame a guy for being frustrated at this team..yes we have a better record than the gints over the last few years but they have what we want....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    They turned down hard knocks. They hardly wasted practice. The Giants were only 9-7, and we have a better 3 year record than they do, and that's with a rookie head coach and QB. Go be a Giant fan if you want. Winning can solve all these problems. That's what they are trying to, and having quite a bit of success at. Whining is not going to solve any of the problems, and the fact that you seem to be making no attempt at changing that is alarming.
    They turned down Hard Knocks if you believe a FO that also told us they were not interested in Peyton Manning. No Hard Knocks but then agrees to have ESPN for an entire opening week of TC? Right, they are all about winning...... Not exactly keeping it low key, huh?

When the HC admits he lost the locker room and didnt have a clue that his best offensive weapon was benched during a must win game in Miami there is a HUGE problem. Rex claims that he learned so much about ways that he needed to improve for this upcoming season. Can you see any differences?

Difficult to have sympathy for a HC that claims he needs to improve in one breathe and then calls himself the best defensive coach in the NFL with another.

They turned down Hard Knocks if you believe a FO that also told us they were not interested in Peyton Manning. No Hard Knocks but then agrees to have ESPN for an entire opening week of TC? Right, they are all about winning...... Not exactly keeping it low key, huh?

When the HC admits he lost the locker room and didnt have a clue that his best offensive weapon was benched during a must win game in Miami there is a HUGE problem. Rex claims that he learned so much about ways that he needed to improve for this upcoming season. Can you see any differences?

Difficult to have sympathy for a HC that claims he needs to improve in one breathe and then calls himself the best defensive coach in the NFL with another.

Rex explained the ESPN thing, basically saying that Jets camp was open to the public.... so ESPN decided to be there for the week. Compare that to Hard Knocks where cameras were everywhere, including in meetings and offices.

It's hardly different than if any of us had gone up to Cortland for the week, went to camp every day and pulled out a camera and started filming.